uncomfortable with saying no?

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
sheherazade

uncomfortable with saying no?

Post by sheherazade »

i'm sure i am not alone in this.
the thing is that since i'm on my mds & relatively well i CAN'T STAND the feeling that people would take advantage of me....& b/c for so long it felt as tho "they" were right & i wasn't this new part of me that's awake that says "BACK OFF" essentially...takes me by surprise & i often feel i need validation.
may i ramble & rant?
there are many symptoms of the not so good kind that a bipolar puts all their effort into.i know i've probably told you all more than you want to know but unfortunately that's something i do.
when i was in the grips of my alternating mania & despair,i sought help whereever i could...hypnotism...chakra work & of course i went to psychics.
this part started as far back as 9/11 when i began scouring the streets of my neighborhood for people i KNEW were dead.
i found one that was quite good but it was apparent after a while that she wanted me to pay her rent...give her kids my blockbuster card & drum up late fees on it....etc.
so i found another.
it's possible i'm a great patsy but she did this egg routine on me where black goop ends up in the egg....& i'm no IDIOT...i realize what some psychics do & are & they are in excess every block around here.
BUT...people do what they do to make a living & they deserve toearn their money.
besides...i was feeling better w/ all this spiRItual work& being manic as all get out...didn't mind paying for it.
i cannot imagine that i told her about an inheritance i got this year.i don't mention it & i knew better than to mention it to a pychic...but she did something huge for me & said i could pay her when i could...we were actually friends(i thought)
i paid her in drips & drabs & kept a record.she did not.she said she was leaving up to me.but one day while talking bout what i owed her she FINALLY quoted what i owed(i thought that was weird as she said she wasn't even keeping track.
fine.she worked.i owed.
but i was anxious to get this monkey off my back & to be aware of NEVER squandering money ever again.
so when i got my inheritance i withdrew the money as fast as i could & went out of my way to do it since this woman wouldn't accept the bank check i gave her.i told her she should open abank account but she says she needs the money"for her clients"
after i give her the money IN CASH while i was supposed to be at work....she tells me her birthday is coming up & maybe i could buy her a nice present.
okay...let me admit something...i am an AVON lady :oops: so i figure she wants makeup & i say ok wadda ya want.
well.....b/c of all the work i did for you...i want an ipod.
well,my jaw was hanging open still when i got back to work.
besides the cost of an ipod after the bundle i gave her...i work & have 3 kids & don't even have time to go out & buy my husband a proper birthday gift!
that's when i realize in my haste that i overpaid her.
i stressed about it for a while but then thought hey...i'll let her know & she'll be grateful & leave me be.
so she called.i told her i overpaid her by 2,000$ so she should go out & buy herself a nice birthday present.
oh...she said...i can't.all that money is accounted for w/ past payments.
bullshit...she hadn't even counted it.
i said take a couple of hundred off the top & shop.
i couldn't beleive it when she said...what about the ipod youre going to buy me?didn't you check it out?
:shock:
i told her that i was the wrong person to ask as i still use a walkman w/ a tape in it.
i just wanted to get away from her.
i could swear i heard her drool when she asked what i was gonna do with the rest of my money & i said...it's spent already.my house is falling apart.YOU know that.besides YOURE the psychic.
sorry to go on for so long but it sucks when someone you actually thought was a friend does this.
moonwitch*

Post by moonwitch* »

Wow Sheherazade! I am so sorry that someone took advantage of you in your time of need. You have every right to be mad. I have always believed in what goes around comes around. And if this person keeps taking advantage of people it is going to come back and bite her in the butt.
Moon Witch
willow_witch

Post by willow_witch »

that is a real let down for the genral human population.... and yet doesnt surprise me at all.... people would turn on each other over the smallest of things... Sorry that someone so horride had to come into your life and take you when your most vunaunble and in need and use that to their advantage... i hope that the world send you better people in future as they are out there.
Blessing,
Willow
~willow~

*blessed be*
~Merry meet, Merry part, til we Merry meet again~
Matt*

Post by Matt* »

Sheh,

I am so sorry to hear about this, it really upsets me when people take advantage of others, it is immoral and how people can live with themselves i will never understand, have they no soul.

If you need to talk please let me know, u have my e-mail etc

Blessings

Matt
Am I awake or am I still dreaming?
missy

Post by missy »

Sheherazade, So sorry to hear that you got taken advantage of,,

As you may well know you dont have to do anything to "get back" at this certain individual.

The laws of KARMA will soon take effect!!

Take care.

Jacqueline~
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

Sheherezade, that's awful!

Naive as I am, I still don't find it hard to believe that someone could do that. Shows what society is getting to when people do things like that over something so unimportant as money....

My sympathies, and if I can help, email me. :D
sheherazade

Post by sheherazade »

sweet responses all of you thank you so much.
i pretty much had an idea what getting involved w/ a psychic entails but after a few years with this woman i really trusted her.
beleive me,she's not the 1st friend to backstab.
i really just needed to vent.thank you.i have no intentionof being so stupid again.
the meds help w/ that :lol: :lol: :lol:
Matt*

Post by Matt* »

Dear Sheh,

You can vent all you want, if you need to and please remember that if you really need to vent PM me anytime

Matt
Am I awake or am I still dreaming?
Ice_Witch

Post by Ice_Witch »

I can't believe someone would do something like that!

What goes round comes round, though. That woman is soooooo lucky I wasn't you. Just thinking about it makes me furious!!!

Ice_Witch
Elem

Post by Elem »

Ice Witch, please be cautious in the future about posting on old threads. The rules regarding such posts are shown here:

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... php?t=3495

Whilst I understand this is a subject that's obviously got you a little riled, unless you were adding anything.. 'constructive' to the original thread, it might've been best just to not post.

As a general rule, once a thread's more than a few months old.. It's best to try and leave it be, rather than dredge it back up to the top of the board. Doing so can potentially push down posts that're more relevant to now, or simply more 'important' (if you will).

As I say, just be careful in the future :). No offense is intended!

Elem
Ice_Witch

Post by Ice_Witch »

Sorry.
Elem

Post by Elem »

Hey, no need to be sorry, don't worry about it :).

See you around!

Elem

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”