Pagan Holidays

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
Feather_Rainbow

Pagan Holidays

Post by Feather_Rainbow »

I was wondering if someone could tell me about the different wheelsof the year? How many are there? I think I read somewhere there may be a Neopagan one. Is it much different from the traditional one?

As far as I know, the next holiday is mabon.
This is my first pagan holiday and I was wondering what people tend to do for it? (For those who celebrate it)
What sort of insence would you burn or candles? Would you say prayers?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Feather_Rainbow
JBRaven
Banned Member

Re: Advice re pagan holidays...

Post by JBRaven »

[dead link removed by admin]
Feather_Rainbow

Post by Feather_Rainbow »

Thank you JBRaven. Is this a standard wheel for all pagan religions?

How would people celebrate Mabon? Would they light incense or candles. Or would they say a prayer or do a ritual?

Feather_Rainbow
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

that is the commonly accepted wheel of the year. There are some traditions that have extra holidays they observe that are tradition specific. What you seen in that link is what is called the Wheel of the Year. The way people worship on a sabbat is personal to them. Most people do this by some sort of ritual but this is not mandatory. Instead what you should do is look at what the meaning of a particular sabbat is and try to find a way that is personal to you that you can show your appreciation and reflection on the meaning of what that sabbat holds.

for example if its a sabbat about the harvest this is a time of being thankful for the things the gods have given you. You can show this appreciation by doing a ritual of some sorts and make an offering to them with a prayer of thanks. OR you can show your appreciation of the things you have been provided by giving back; not just in an offering to the gods but also to the community. Giving a meal to a homeless or needy person is a nice way to give back and show your appreciation for the things that have been given to you.

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”