How to make gorgeous candles like these?

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Fluffy

How to make gorgeous candles like these?

Post by Fluffy »

Hello, I found these candles on the website of Enchantments, a store in the East Village of NYC. How do you get them into the glass once they are carved and glittered? I thought these types of glass-enclosed candles are poured directly into the glass but I guess not. Anyone know? I would love to make my own and give them as gifts. Aren't they pretty?
Attachments
Enchantments candles.jpg
JBRaven
Banned Member

Re: How to make gorgeous candles like these?

Post by JBRaven »

well- I don't know how they made these exactly but if I were to make like this.

I would get a glitter clue that hardens when completely dried. Then I would draw what image I wanted on the out side of the glass with permanent marker. Then on the inside of an empty glass I would take a skewer or other long utensil and fill in the blackened image with glitter. Let the glitter glue dry then pour in the candle. Taking an acetone remover to get rid of the permanent marker.

Another way would be making a cast of a smaller (like a 1/4 smaller) candle, line with wax paper. Make the candle-pull the wax paper then carve and glitter. When glitter is dry put it into the larger candle glass. This would be more practical for mass production.
Zili

Post by Zili »

the candles can actually be made in a mold and then put into the jars.
Evanthe

Post by Evanthe »

I'd bet that you could take candles that are already in jars, dip them in warm water to get the candles out, then carve and decorat and re-insert in to the jars. If you dipped them a little longer so the candle got slimmer you would have more space to work with. They are very cool! You will post pics. Right?
Evanthe
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."
-C.S Lewis
Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Well thanks for all the nice suggestions. You'll be happy to learn there is an easier way -- who knew they make pullout candles for this very reason? I found them online after much digging just now and I'm pretty happy to know these exist. You can copy and paste this URL, I can't seem to make it into an automatic link when I use the "Quick Reply" feature. http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html#pullouts

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”