To Speak or Not to Speak?

Love to garden? Me too! Garden talk and photos goes here: Flower gardens, vegetable gardens, organic gardening, natural pest control, houseplants, more.

Do any of you talk/sing to your plants?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:53 pm

1) Yes
75%
2) No
25%

Total votes: 4

Brujita13

To Speak or Not to Speak?

Post by Brujita13 »

That is the question :D . How many of you at EUTM talk/sing to their plants?
ravenhecateana

Re: To Speak or Not to Speak?

Post by ravenhecateana »

I don't but I seem to remember that Mythbusters did an episode where they tested whether or not talking to or singing to the plants helped. I believe they found that if you play classical music they do do just a little bit better than any of their other test plants.
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

I do, not because I expect a response, it's just something Ive always done, I also talk to animals so I guess plants only made sense. While walking pass my mint plant I smell the leaves and compliment it on smelling lovely and growing as fast as it does.

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
ladybloodie

Post by ladybloodie »

i do too. Although I don't think they understand me, but can feel the vibrations like any other living thing . Also I don't miss with my plants if I am not in a happy place cause they seem die on me lol.

Return to “Gardening”