how to cast circle and pentacle

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
greenvixen

how to cast circle and pentacle

Post by greenvixen »

Hi..., :lol:

I am a beginner and still studying the craft... I have done researches about casting circle but every link that I found is different from each other, please help me be familiarize on casting circle... if you do know some basic way on casting circle because I don't want to let my relative/ family member knows that I'm studying the craft at least not now... and by the way where can I buy pentacles and if I already got one should I bless it first before using it to any rituals.. thank you for taking time to read this.. and for understanding that I am just a beginner :D
Last edited by Firebird on Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: capitalization, punctuation, spelling
Tasariel

Re: How to cast circle and pentacle

Post by Tasariel »

Every link you find on casting the circle is different because there are MANY ways to cast it! There isn't any one specific way that we all have to do it.
firebirdflys wrote:Stand in the West, facing the East, and with your Wand or Athame in hand pointed towards the East, move your arm around in a circular motion in a clockwise direction, (deosil). You can call and release your quarters just by facing the direction from where you stand. When taking down your circle, (facing East), point your tool to the East and wave your arm around counterclockwise (widdershins) Good Luck! BB Firebird
This is a very basic version of the circle, one which doesn't require a lot of walking or space. So if you're still in the broom closet and need something that's a little understated, this one might work.

In reality though, it's best if you search through the different links you've looked at and pick one that you LOVE. Or use them to make up your own! Something personalized or something that really resonates with you is always better than just the easiest thing you can find. :)
I hope that helped a little!
Last edited by Firebird on Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spelling
greenvixen

Post by greenvixen »

thank you tasariel... =)
Last edited by Firebird on Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling
ImperfectAngel

Post by ImperfectAngel »

Tasariel wrote:Every link you find on casting the circle is different because there are MANY ways to cast it! There isn't any one specific way that we all have to do it.
firebirdflys wrote:Stand in the West, facing the East, and with your Wand or Athame in hand pointed towards the East, move your arm around in a circular motion in a clockwise direction, (deosil). You can call and release your quarters just by facing the direction from where you stand. When taking down your circle, (facing East), point your tool to the East and wave your arm around counterclockwise (widdershins) Good Luck! BB Firebird
This is a very basic version of the circle, one which doesn't require a lot of walking or space. So if you're still in the broom closet and need something that's a little understated, this one might work.

In reality though, it's best if you search through the different links you've looked at and pick one that you LOVE. Or use them to make up your own! Something personalized or something that really resonates with you is always better than just the easiest thing you can find. :)
I hope that helped a little!

I used this basic circle casting ritual in the beginning then after I was familiar with it I added/omitted a few things to personalize. I'm in the broom closet also, with the exception of a two family members who know. My grandparents practiced witchcraft but my parents and most all my family members are christians. I began with a basic wand ( branch from an Oak tree ) to open/ close my circle. There was nothing added to this "wand" and this actually became my "all purpose wand. It was very simple and easy to hide from my parents and family members.
Last edited by Firebird on Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic spelling
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Old post but FAQ

Here ‘s a simple method to cast a circle & you can try them all :evilwitch:

Discreet Circle - The basic idea is cleansing space and building a circular sanctuary to work within.
. You can sweep a 🔄 widdershins circular area with 🧹or 👋 to cleanse the space. See it in your mind as you swish away stagnant energy.

Then begin by air-drawing an invoking pentagram sign 👆🏽↙️🌟 at East where Sol rises (or at North if you prefer to align with Polaris, around which the heavens rotate). Ground yourself by tracing an X on your forehead, heart & belly. Pull power on the breath to your belly to load-aim-&-then-shoot 👉🏼 & project a circle ↩️ deosil.
. Next greet the 4-ways in turn with a nod. You don’t have to summon or invoke. Bow to the Lady as you make the fig ✊🏽 hand sign, pressing hand-to-heart & likewise greet the Lord with the horns 🤘🏼hand sign; hand-to-heart. Then do what you came for - meditation, divination, spells.
. When you’re ready to close thank and farewell the Deities with their hand-signs & a bow. Farewell the quarters in reverse order widdershins ↪️ with a dismissing wave.
. Ground yourself face your starting direction again to close with a banishing sign👆🏽 ↗️⭐️ .
. An offering 🍞 for Nature can be made outside after the ritual has ended.

A pentagram can be air-drawn. To begin - make the invoking sign 👆🏽↙️ 🌟 starting at the top point and draw the 1st stroke toward your 💚. The rest follows logically. Draw a deosil↩️ circle around it. To end - make the banishing sign ↗️🌟 with the 1st stroke pushing away from your 💚 & to the top point. Draw a widdershins ↪️ circle around it.

First consecrate the table and then tools as you get them - cleanse with lightly salted water, bless with incense, anoint with oil to hold a psychic charge & then magnetize 🙌🏽 with energy.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: how to cast cirle and pentacle

Post by Firebird »

well first someone should edit your title...sheeze.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: how to cast cirle and pentacle

Post by SpiritTalker »

Mmm - perhaps I’ll summon the Maintenance monkeys 🙈🙉🙊
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: how to cast circle and pentacle

Post by Firebird »

yikes, that looks like it would be you or I, we need some help around here...
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”