Birds

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
wolfeyes16

Birds

Post by wolfeyes16 »

I have a pet parakeet her name is Zen. I was wondering if there's a spell or anything i can use to get close to her and help her warm up to me. I feel the same as she does, like if I'm down she is really quiet, when i sing she sings. I keep her close to me when i meditate but she wont sit on my finger and i want to be able to talk to her i am trying to through meditation i was just wondering if there is anything that can help. Also what does a parakeet mean what powers does it posses (i dont know if i spelled that right). Any information will help. May the God and Goddess be with you. Blessed be :)

P.s. Zen is a very gray blue with light blue and white designs with soem gray and very little black feathers with a light yellow beak.
AutumnMaidens

Re: Birds

Post by AutumnMaidens »

Some teachings tell us that birds are the link between the spirit world and the human world. Because they can fly through the veil whenever they wish, this is why finding feathers on your path can mean you are following the right or wrong way in life.

Does your parakeet fly free in your house or is it stuck in the cage? If it can fly free I would suggest sitting down and meditating while she is flying free, centering yourself can summon very calm energies that are welcome to animals. And I do not doubt she will try to get closer to you the moment she feels that energy.

Hope this helps,
Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Crisdark

Post by Crisdark »

AutumnMaidens wrote:Some teachings tell us that birds are the link between the spirit world and the human world. Because they can fly through the veil whenever they wish, this is why finding feathers on your path can mean you are following the right or wrong way in life.
I'm so sorry to burst in on your post without offering any good info, wolfeyes16... But the other day just as I was starting on my way to school I lifted my head up and there was the softest feather gliding down from the sky right in front of me...so that would mean I'm taking the right/wrong path in life?
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

I would say that means you are on the right path. It sounds like a gift :)

According to some beliefs finding a single feather on your path pointing in the direction you were going means you are on the right path while a feather or two feather crossing each other or pointing in another direction would mean you are on the wrong one. But to recieve a feather in such a way to me sounds like a blessing.

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Crisdark

Post by Crisdark »

AutumnMaidens wrote:I would say that means you are on the right path. It sounds like a gift :)

According to some beliefs finding a single feather on your path pointing in the direction you were going means you are on the right path while a feather or two feather crossing each other or pointing in another direction would mean you are on the wrong one. But to recieve a feather in such a way to me sounds like a blessing.

Bless
Thank you for your answer. I was having some doubts about my path the same day but they dispersed right away. :mrgreen:

Return to “Animals and Pets”