Christian's few of witchcraft from the inside

Discussion of Christianity and other religious systems. How can we explain our faith to Christians? How can you merge your faith in Jesus with your belief in the metaphysical?
stariebird11

Christian's few of witchcraft from the inside

Post by stariebird11 »

I guess i should start off by saying that i am a christian witch and that i have been going over conversations about christianity and i want to add my own view of being a christian witch. I have been silently cringing at the hostility some witches have toward christians. I don't want anyone to believe that i prefer christianity over witchcraft so i will start with my story.
It basically started when i was about 4. I had a mind of my own and saw things differently from others. My favorite place in the whole world was to be underwater. I felt as if water nymphs (sorry if i mispell stuff) were watching me and laughing with me. Trees looked like old friends, like my substitute grandparents since one pair lives in ohio (i live in Texas) and the other pair had recently died. They watched me grow, learn, and laugh. When i rode my bike, i would talk to the trees and tell them jokes. But as i grew older and got busier i had to abandon my "treeparents" and water friends. We were learning about the colonial times and about witch trials in social studies a few moths ago. This intrigued me so i looked up witchcraft on google. When i started learning more and more about Wicca not only did the information come together but i felt myself coming together again. I have always went to church and i have always believed in God as well. But i have never felt like i belonged in church. Never, not even when i was little. Once i started to learn more about Wicca i started to learn more about myself. These events are what leaded me to where i am right now. I have been planning my initiation in secret and i am very excited for it :D .
Now that you know more about me, i will tell you about christians from inside a church. i have a feeling that many of you believe that christians are head strong and are not open to other religions. Obviously this is not true because i am a member of this website. I will admit that there are MANY christians who are head strong about the idea of other religions or if you are not a Christian. But i have to remind you that there are MANY witches who are head strong about other religions as well. you also need to know that you do not have to believe completely in the bible to be a christian. The most important thing is that you believe in Jesus and the ten comandments. Thats it. As a christian witch i still believe in the Goddessess and Gods. I see God as a tree, and the gods and goddesses are branches off the tree. they are connected. I would say more but i dont want to write a book. i hope for feedback!!! Blessed Be.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain
-Unknown
Truthseeker

Re: Christian's few of witchcraft from the inside

Post by Truthseeker »

I too came from a christian background- well I wasn't raised anything but oevrybody claimed to believe in the bible. I ended up marrying a minister and being a ministers wife for 29 years. It was a very bad experience for me all the way around. I am now a mixture of christo-paganism/wicca. I guess I am very down on christianity as it is represented in our world but at the same time I will admit they are not all bad. I consider myself to be a pagan follower of Jesus. Jesus wasn't a christian, LOL, in fact he spent his whole ministry fighting the church-world. It hasn't changed much.
13Lotuses

Post by 13Lotuses »

Excellent! You have covered a subject that is very difficult to write about...

And reminded me that I need to set to work on my article discussing the animosity that seems to be so prevalent between Wiccans and Christians. The way I see it: How can we criticize Christians for being hateful if we are doing the same thing? Anyway, you wrote a wonderful article!
By the way, welcome to the forum. I saw you're relatively new here.

P.S. You were correct in the spelling of "nymph" :D
Growing from mud, although challenging, offers great promise.
stariebird11

Post by stariebird11 »

I want to thank you all for the feedback! It makes me feel good to know someone likes my article and that i am not just rambling about something no one cares about :) Thank you for the warm welcome 13Lotuses! Everyone has been very kind to me. truthseeker you brought up a good point in saying that Jesus wasn't even Christian. i think Christians forget that the Jewish were the chosen people of God and that they should be open to the jews; open to everyone really. they get into a bad habit of shunning non-believers LOL i couldn't think of another way to put that :D
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain
-Unknown
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

I have a friend who is also a witch. We had lost contact for many years, just as she was finding her path. I recently found her again and in re-learning to know each other I asked her if she is wiccan. Her answer was- Heck no! They all get along about as well as the christians do!-
I am not wiccan, I am solitary ecclectic christo-pagan-but I follow the Rede and I believe a lot of christians would do well to emulate the lifestyles and beliefs. I think we all just need to get along! I thought a lot of the whole thing was accepting that everyone is different and every path is not the same. That is how all of nature works.
Blessings~

Return to “Christianity and Other Religious Faiths”