other information

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
angelstar77

other information

Post by angelstar77 »

What other websites would you recommend for research? There are so many out there
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: other information

Post by Firebird »

What are you looking to learn?...specifically. There is an awful lot of information here. FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
AutumnSilvermoon

Post by AutumnSilvermoon »

I use not only EUTM, but Pagan.about.com, sacred-texts... Like firebirdflys said, there is a lot of information out there. It really depends on what you're looking for.
angelstar77

Post by angelstar77 »

I am looking for how to connect with myself and the mother earth. I want to be able to understand all that she has to offer and how i can use the elements. there is so much i want to learn but need to do it little by little. i just got divination for beginners and am reading Bucklands complete book on witch craft as well. I also want to learn how to tap into my visions more, I have always had them but they come when they want. I also can see auras and want to be able to understand them and control it. I feed off other energies and would like to learn to control it as well so that i don't get the negativity which is the easiest for me to feed on.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Replying to an old post -

what websites do you recommend for research?...I am looking for how to connect with myself and the mother earth... I also want to learn how to tap into my visions more... I also can see auras and want to be able to understand them and control it. I feed off other energies and would like to learn to control it as well so that i don't get the negativity which is the easiest for me to feed on.

Sacred texts.com is a library good resource. Witch’sChat.com has a research tab that holds a massive library of free PDFs. The Library of Congress is an enormous pdf resource.

I think using specific web search parameters helps. Hands-on experience is good research. Observing the elements within Nature by experiencing them builds awareness.

. Earth - try gardening & observe. Research ley lines. Take a guided cave tour and observe. “Zen” and Be the rock.
. Air - Study the weather - winds & fogs; take a hot air balloon ride or fly a kite to experience it.
. Water - Sample well water compared to filtered water. Visit creeks, churning rivers, the sea. Try potion making - Tisanes.
. Fire - is problematic. BBQ cook out, Lightening storms are raw plasma - watch storm videos on YouTube & observe.

It doesn’t hurt to remember the elements are forms of matter as frozen light. In magical parlance air is all vapor, water is all liquids, earth is all solids, and fire is plasma, which is energized gas. Think of basic physics as energy taking form by becoming matter.

. Centering aids seeing auras; & use your peripheral vision to see them. Colors relate to chakras.
. Visions-on-command - learn remote viewing. There are sites that teach it. Ingo Swann designed the cia’s protocols. Russel Targ and Hal Puthoff did the SRI study and have written research level and user friendly books.
. Empathy is feeling other’s emotions. Most psychics are empaths who need to block the overload. As for “feeding off” emotional energies?? That’s vampirism and not necessary for maintaining your equilibrium & efficiency. Drawing power on the breath from the Earth and Air to your center is better for you. It’s like the difference between processed, salt laden fast food and nourishing organic veg & fruits. Nature is the best teacher. My favorite concept is to take our crown chakra out of our root chakra ... step back from magic in books and Be in Nature.

SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

SpiritTalker wrote:My favorite concept is to take our crown chakra out of our root chakra ... step back from magic in books and Be in Nature.
My observation lately been that river arm is dense when water is stagnant (due to droughts) and electrifying when water flows(as rains reconnect it with the river).
Allows me to understand the feng-shuej where flowing water brings fortune and stagnant water ruin (having pool was spelled as rich folk's downfall).
Ground by sleeping with smoky quartz under sock attached to left(earth) foot.

Grounding with spirit. Grounding the soul. I see as 2 different things.
You care to have your body possessed by your soul only.
Spirit is ever penetrating so it's more like your body in a spirit that penetrates through all.
Seeking best meditation for more effective sleep I conclude that seeking peace in ethereal all-encompassing nature of the spirit makes you thoroughly calm to regenerate cells more effectively during deeper sleep.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”