Yule Crafts

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
AutumnSilvermoon

Yule Crafts

Post by AutumnSilvermoon »

My family are getting ready to celebrate Christmas and Yule (since my Dad is Christian).

I was wondering if anyone knew of any Yule crafts that can be created with things you have around the house. I've tried to Google it but it got me nowhere.

I would prefer crafts that aren't in the shapes of pentacles or anything like that.

I would sure appreciate it!
AutumnMaidens

Re: Yule Crafts

Post by AutumnMaidens »

Baking cookies always works, you can make moon shapes, tree shapes, circles (for snowballs + the wheel of the year)
You can make peanut chains for the birds and the fairies
Any type of natural tree decoration.
You can make wishcards and burn them in a bonfire or hang them in your tree. Wishes for the new year.
Eat an apple at midnight of christmas eve, this is an anchient tradition to wish for good health the comming year Sharing one apple between the group was supposed to make for a strong bond.
Gather pinecones and decorate them with glitter and pinenails and ribbons.

Hope this helps
Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Ula

Post by Ula »

Cutting out snowflakes: http://highhopes.com/snowflakes.html
AutumnSilvermoon

Post by AutumnSilvermoon »

Thanks a lot! The peanut chains never even crossed my mind, Autumn. Ula, that might help my snowflakes actually look like snowflakes instead of square-ish bits of green & red paper. LOL
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Pine cones rubbed in cinnamon and pine needles in a nice glass bowl smell great and they make a great gift to your Family :)
Blessed be!
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”