Cauldron Substitutes?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
[Haley]

Cauldron Substitutes?

Post by [Haley] »

my parents don't like that i'm a wiccan. and i don't have access to occult shops and i definatly can't get anything form an online shop. so how i'm i supposed to get a cauldron? is there an alternative to the traditional cast iron cauldron?
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Hello :D

What are you going to be using your cauldron for?

hedge
Meketheru

Post by Meketheru »

Yep, depends on what you'll use it for. If it's just symbolic of the Goddess or water a chalice or cup would do nicely. If you'll be burning things in it, a small cone incense burner often does the trick.
Though, tools arent necessary. If your parrents disapprove, and tools are hard to get, you really only need yourself. :)
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

a microwave safe bowl can work as a good burning item as well, but I wouldn't suggest a 12 year old burning anything without a parents approval.......though saying that would make me a hypocrite *insert flashback here* ...anyway, its just not a bright idea.
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
Meketheru

Post by Meketheru »

Wolf wrote: but I wouldn't suggest a 12 year old burning anything without a parents approval.......though saying that would make me a hypocrite *insert flashback here* ...any, its just not a bright idea.
Er, yeah, me too.. :oops:
Didnt know they were 12 though, or id just not have suggested that part.
sheherazade

Post by sheherazade »

i got my lil ole cauldron at the health food store.
Aloron

Post by Aloron »

Use a metal washing pail.
[Haley]

Post by [Haley] »

thanks for the advice. i probably won't burn anything cuz i already have a burner and my mom will let me use it when she is home. i am probably just going to use it for water, sybolism, etc.
Aubrey Rose5

Post by Aubrey Rose5 »

hmm well i have a little blck couldron hehe it is soo cute my mom bought it for me for christmas thoug but yeah you could always juts find a boul regular but nice and use it as your couldron just that boul though not like a different one each time so that it has some meaning.

blessed be

Aubrey
love is not made by magick it comes only from the heart
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

A lot of people have old cast iron pots laying around too- those are always safe for burning things in. Explore the cupboards! :28:
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Hmm, here's another thought I just had-- never tried this, but it'd probably work.... a tera cotta plant pot (-just watch out that it doesn't have any holes in the bottom or you'll set your carpet on fire...). Anyone tried this? I don't think it can catch fire.

~BB~
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

believe it or not, my couldren for burning is a metal fondu (I dont know how to spell it) pot. I just took the hangle off. It's the perfect size and easy to hide lol.
**Nothing is set in stone**
Alhandra

Post by Alhandra »

if anybody in your house smokes nick an ashtray. What i did lol
Katrina

Romany Saying~
"the tatcho drom to be a jinny penmergo is to dik, to shoon and to rig drey zi"
The true way to be a wise man is to see, to hear and to bear in mind.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Yep- those are some great ideas too! Pretty much anything that says "microwave safe" is probably okay to use for this purpose.

Never thought about it- I have a completely Wiccan-supply stocked kitchen. :28:
[Haley]

Post by [Haley] »

Thanks guys! I have another question, Meketheru said you only need yourself but I have yet to find out how to tap into whatever it is I'm supposed to tap into and not use tools, how is that done?

I only read, haven't actually tried anything, although I do have a wish box.
Which reminds me, I have yet to decorate it.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”