Past Lives And Affects Today

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
BeckyDarling

Past Lives And Affects Today

Post by BeckyDarling »

Okay. So I have always believed in past lives. It just never made much sense to me that there wouldn't be anything before, and only Heaven after. That probably would be incredibly boring. When I was a child I was convinced I was Ancient Egyptian in a past life.

I hated reading and history as a child and one day we were at a store and I passed this book called... Lives in the Past or something. Basically it had four different era/life styles in it (Ancient Egyptian, Ancient Greece, Native Ameircan and Vikings) and I asked my mom to buy it for me. Which she did. And I read it all.

Then it started. I read every book I could get my hands on about Egypt. It felt right, correct, etc. I started to pray to Re. By the time I got to seventh grade I knew so much about Egypt that I knew more than what was taught to me in my History class (and we spent a good few weeks on Egypt). I've had a few images of where I might have lived (I was pretty well off I believe) but nothing beyond that.

So this life doesn't affect me.

However there's a newer life that I believe does. Around junior year of highschool I started to have horrible nightmares.

The first wasn't bad at all. I had a dream it was the forties and that I had to go. Quickly. I remember I woke up and jump out of bed. I was making a list of things to pack under my breath and went into my closet to get a suitcase. When I got there I realized I had been dreaming, and laughed and went back to sleep.

They continued, like a story only interrupted by being awake. The next night I had missed my train, or wasn't allowed on, or something. I remember a sinking feeling, horror almost. I think that was all.

The next night I was on a train, but it wasn't a passenger train. There were slats and at first I remember thinking I was on a train from Spirit (the movie about the horses) because I could see the snow and stars outside. I was sitting on the floor with my face against the opening and I remember feeling cold. There weren't a lot of people in the car with me, but there were a few. There was a smattering of hay on the floor, like it had been used for livestock (or maybe it was for us?). I remember one of the girls was coughing. A few hours later we stopped at a station and a soldier was speaking to us. He was speaking in German, but I remember understanding all he said (I do not speak German but it sounded legit). He said he had soup for us, and I ran to get some. I got to it first. After I had eaten some (it was watery and required no chewing) the soldier laughed at me and told me that there was pork in it. I remember being angry, and grossed out, and I jumped out of the train to puke in the snow. I remember the soldier beside the train saying something to me, and I answered him, but I don't remember what we said. I just remember my knees stinging and my anger at having been teased with food.

There were a few more dreams but this was years ago and some didn't pack a blow like the previous ones. In any case, there was one where I was asleep in a bunk bed and I rolled over, and there was a corpse next to me. I woke up, and saw her still beside me. I screamed and almost fell out of bed.

It got so bad I refused to sleep. I would stay up all hours and get up early for school. I ran on maybe two or three hours a day for a few weeks (the sleep I had was so deep from lack of sleep I didn't have many/any dreams). In history we started to learn about the Holocaust. I fell asleep briefly and pictured a VERY unique smoke stack. And oh, God, the smell. I woke up freaking out (in class).

I went home and googled the crap out of smoke stacked Concentration Camps until I found "my" camp.

Majdanek in Poland. I googled more pictures... the bunk areas were the same as in my dreams. Everything was the same. I told my friend about my dreams and she said she didn't think train cars came slatted like that... I did some research and they did. I never learned about Majdanek and I went through my history books and there's not a single picture of that particular camp in it. (It was rather small from my understanding)

It's kind of funny. As a child Ham and bacon and pork was my FAVORITE dish. I ate it as often as humanly possible. Now the smell makes me nauseous. Also I pick up on German very very easily. I started to learn it and in a week or so could read forum posts in it (I took spanish for four years and can't even use phrases). Police Officers make me nervous. Silly stuff like that.

I just thought I'd share.
stariebird11

Re: Past Lives And Affects Today

Post by stariebird11 »

That's very interesting to me (I love all things German; except for the Holocaust). I haven't gotten into past lives yet but it on the list. But I think I may have also been part of the Holocaust or been German because, like you, speaking the language and understanding it is almost natural. I'm taking spanish and I wish it was as easy as German. In your dreams did you ever see yourself. Were you a different person or did you look like yourself in this life? If you looked like someone else than you could do a search on pictures of people in that concentration camp and you could find yourself.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain
-Unknown
nuttyangel

Re: Past Lives And Affects Today

Post by nuttyangel »

Is very interested in past lives but is not sure how to connect either through meditation or dream time? I have always felt a good connection to egypt i would love to visit there one day :) I find it hard to settle my mind during meditation to completely clear it so i can concerntrate on the meditation my mind always still seems to race! I feel past lives do affect the person iam today & i do find i have certain connections to people & places i guess a kind of deja vu experiences! Blessings.x

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”