I need some help and advices... Please?

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
EclecticThira

I need some help and advices... Please?

Post by EclecticThira »

So, I want to focus and practice more with my powers, but I have no idea wich element I am. My starsign is Gemini, wich is Air, but I'm also is connected with the Earth. I feel that I can talk to both the Air and the Earth. I love to talk with the nature around me. The trees, the animals(i love animals sooo much!), but also the air. I can hear it whispering words to me that's hard to understand. Is this words that the wind brings from other places, or is it a language that the Air talks?
I am not the "work-inside-with-spells" kinda type, but the "work- with-elements-outside" kinda type. If that makes sense to you... But please, if you have an opinion of what Element I am, could you explain it to me?

Blessed be,
Thira :wink:
"If you don't listen, you will not hear.
If you don't look, you will not see.
And if you don't think, you will not know,
what is right and what is wrong."
raynelae

Re: I need some help and advices... Please?

Post by raynelae »

I suggest spending much time outside. I'm a Libra and I am an Air sign, but I too feel connected to Earth. I think one can be connected with both. We are born by the Goddess and God, so by having 2 elements I think it balances you.
Blessed be
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
EclecticThira

Post by EclecticThira »

That's really clever thinking you've got there. But I find it hard focusing on two elements. Hmm... It might be easier to work with them if I got to "know" them better. And if I find a way to make them work together. Kinda. :roll:

Thank you anyway! ;)
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Working elemental magick will make you grow closer and learn about the elements.
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

The druids used to listen to the winds- Thats where we get the saying "I heard it on the wind". And you may be a Gemini, but you can feel connected to Earth, also! Don't feel any shame, even if you didn't feel connected with Air. The wind does speak its own language, and for one to be able to even hear its whispers is a gift. Raynelae is absolutely correct about spending time out doors, perhaps with a tree that you feel a special connection to, on a windy day. With years of practice (unfortunately it won't happen over night, though it would be nice!) you will be able to hear the voice of the Air.

I think that you should, after excercising that connection with Air and Earth, work on your connection with Water, Fire and Spirit. But first work with the elements you feel closest to. Then you will feel more empowered in yourself and as a witch.

Meditation outdoors, whenever you can get a few moments alone in a natural place (a park if your in the city, anywhere you can find if not) will definitely help develop these connections. And remember- you don't always have to be one element, Just like we have sun signs (Yours is Gemini) and a moon sign, which may be Earth. Perhaps thats why you feel the connection to both.

Sorry to ramble a bit, I just hope that it makes some sense to you! Just keep listening to the whispers on the wind, soon they will be easier to hear!
EclecticThira

Post by EclecticThira »

That does make sense to me, indeed. I think that you are absolutely right. And I will spend a lot more time outside. I'm glad I got that good of advices from you guys. I didn't know that a way to practise is "just" to keep bonding with the nature around me. About the meditating part, I already meditate, so I guess I'm just going to continue with that!
And I will try to get more contact with the wind, or rather the air. I like the fact that I might be able to understand it if I practise. That would be a LOT of fun. :D

Thank you so much, both of you, for giving me advice about this. It really helped a lot.

Blessed be ye all! ;)
Thira.
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

I've learned that it's just as important to meet the elements as it is to learn about them through books. A great book on the elements is-Earth, Air, Fire, Water by Scott Cunningham :)
EclecticThira

Post by EclecticThira »

Thanks, I'll check it out for sure! :D

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”