Greetings all from across the atlantic I am Gallowglass

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
GALLOWGLASS

Greetings all from across the atlantic I am Gallowglass

Post by GALLOWGLASS »

Hi I'm Gallowglass I'm a celtic warlock and have been since very early in life I am bored with the old fashioned attitude to witchcraft in Ireland and England and would like to share some ideas with some of you

AN ANIM IN NAITHER AGUS AMEN.
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

1: Not to sound rude, but shouldn't this be in the "Introduction" section?

2: What kind of ideas?

3: What the bloody hell does "AN ANIM IN NAITHER AGUS AMEN." mean? o_O
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
GALLOWGLASS

Post by GALLOWGLASS »

I do appologise you'll have to forgive me I am not very familliar with computors or this site for that matter and as far as ideas I just mean chat on various styles of magick

AN ANIM IN NATHIAR AGUS AMEN. (ANCIENT GAILIC FOR BLESSED BE TO THE GODS)
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

Ah, I see. Well, good to have ya here :)
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
GALLOWGLASS

Post by GALLOWGLASS »

Cheers Wolf and nice to meet you I genuinly did'nt realise there were so many witchs and warlocks using the internet like this. Mind you some of the spells and rituals I've seen on some other sites are questionable to say the least how did you get into magick if you don't mind me asking?
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

I was into the "supernatural" alot as a young child, always watching the "true" ghost tales on television and the like, as I grew older I started buying all kinds of books on the subject. But though they touched on witchcraft, the mainly covered "little people sightings, ufo's, Nessy, bigfoot, etc..." . (I was christian at the time). And once again as time progressed I fell away from the church and started researching other beliefs and customs from around the world and history. Soon I found paganism was my...."calling" so to speak. And I just learned all the details from various online sites, and here I am.

But if you wished to ask me, I believe that would enable me to ask the same question, does it not?
---Wolf---

GALLOWGLASS

Post by GALLOWGLASS »

I suppose thats fair, my mother actually was one of the old secret witchs in Ireland when our beliefes were still frouned upon, so as a child in Ireland we were forced to attend mass and learn latin prayer in school (Catholic you see) it was when i could tell my mother about Gabriel and Uriel at 12 years old She realised I had the family traits and she nurtured them. I have to say though in recent years i've opened up to alot of different beliefs from around the world every day I come across a new take on something in INdia for example which is just a different take on a ritual we also use.
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

Well, this is a surprise. I had no idea the true "old ways" were still passed around in certain areas. This is very interesting indeed :)
---Wolf---

sheherazade

Post by sheherazade »

forgive me if i sound as tho i don't know what i'm talking about cuz often that's the case.
i was under the impression that the term "warlock" was only used in fairy tales & fiction & male witches are referred to as "witches".
enlighten me.
moonwitch*

Post by moonwitch* »

Hi and welcome Gallowglass! I look forward to reading your posts. Wolf ran across the same frustration as you when I did research. I don't talk about this much because the reaction is almost never good. What caused me to start my search to learn more about the occult was " things " that I started seeing and feeling. Found lots of lore and history that HINTED at OTHER things... none of it was helpful. Lots of open your self up to the other side, but no one said anything that " fit" ... I kept thinking these people are just out to make money on spooky stories. I became more sensitive as I got older. And alot of what I did ( charms, chants ..etc) I did with out even knowing what I was doing. When I started reading about witchcraft that is when I knew.... here is what I am .. here is what I do...
ok sorry .. I tend to just go on and on....
Moon Witch
Leo*Moon

Post by Leo*Moon »

Sheherazade,

You're right, the term Warlock isn't used to refer to male witches. In fact, if it's used for anything it's used for demons or demonology. :type:
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool. ~Shakespeare
GALLOWGLASS

The term warlock.

Post by GALLOWGLASS »

In my reserved opinion the term warlock is just a male terminology for the male practitioner of witchcraft but if it is that important to you it origionates from a word in the gaulish language: varloch which roughly translated means spiritual medium. I however dont care if you refere to me as male witch, warlock, shaman, or casper the ghost, as with spell casting the intent is far more important than the text of the word so please lets not argue over trivia shall we!!!!!
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

Leo, Sherazade...I'm sorry, but you just got owned :roll: Image
---Wolf---

sheherazade

Post by sheherazade »

no argument intended!
merely curious!
GALLOWGLASS

No offence taken

Post by GALLOWGLASS »

Sheherazade, The terms are not that important to me there are many of them which can mean close variations on the sme thing I'M JUST A PRACTITIONER OF THE ART WHO LIKE'S TO GAIN KNOWLEDGE.

But if you are interested in the origins of those sorts of words I do know quite a bit about the old languages dont hesitate to ask

Blessings my dear!!!

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”