An accident, in need of assistance.

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Beknownst

An accident, in need of assistance.

Post by Beknownst »

Well, seeing as how this is my first post, I hope I don't come off as strange. I legitimately have a problem, and I don't have anyone to discuss this with in a spiritual sense. I am not Wiccan, but I have a deep respect for anyone who can get in touch with their spiritual self.

I am just recently discovering my spiritual self, and beginning to see things in the spiritual world that I have never seen before. I am studying methods and rituals, but have not attempted any yet, as I don't feel confident of being able to control what may arise.

Most of my studies include memorization. And to help myself memorize what I am reading, I usually read it out-loud, and pay close attention to any of the words that may be read improperly. Most of the "words of power" (Kabbalah) require correct pronounciation to use. So, to read it with a good ol' fashioned American accent keeps a lot of that at bay.

However, yesterday, one of the words I read, I have seen spelled a couple of different ways, and I accidentally threw a Hebrew dialect on to one of the words, due to one of the ways I have seen it written. This time, though something actually happened.

It was immediate. I felt it emotionally. I felt it spiritually. That feeling I had done something, and I wasn't quite sure what it was. I could almost see it in the air in front of me.

Well, I went to the internet and researched this word, and what it meant. Generally it doesn't mean anything in general that is special, but when translated into Hebrew, I found it had multiple meanings, as well as a numeric value. One of the meanings was "Bone Mother", or a description given to "Baba Yaga" (English translation).

Now the usage of this word in the text I was studying is to bring wisdom of the life cycle. When I said this word out loud, a lot of things became more clear to me throughout the day. This also fits with the wisdom of the lady mentioned above. She is a guardian of the life cycle, or fountain of life and death. She also brings death to the ego, to allow for rebirth of the spirit.

Not actually a bad place to start, I guess.

So, my question is, did I speak "Baba Yaga's" true name?

I feel like I did. Calling her spirit to me without the proper ritual. If I did, did I upset her?

Since then I have been paying close attention to any of the signs that may come of this, but so far, I haven't seen any.
Please help. Thanks.
AutumnMaidens

Re: An accident, in need of assistance.

Post by AutumnMaidens »

Personally I believe that the Gods are always aware of us calling to them and you might very well have called on the spirit of Baba Yaga and this was her way of making her pressence known.

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
spiritual_gemini

Post by spiritual_gemini »

yes...the gods are always understanding whats going on...you might have miss pronounced a few words or dialects or done a ritual slightly off but the outcome is the same ..no need to worry..you did not upset her and she is just testing your faith in her
Beknownst

Post by Beknownst »

spiritual_gemini wrote:yes...the gods are always understanding whats going on...you might have miss pronounced a few words or dialects or done a ritual slightly off but the outcome is the same ..no need to worry..you did not upset her and she is just testing your faith in her
What happened, was I was given a word, and instructed to not use it. So I did not, instead I pronounced this word differently, and that "mispronunciation" was the correct pronunciation for Baba Yaga's true name. I had to research this, but that's what I found.

Now, I read that Gods do not like the use of their true name, because it holds a method of control. I do not want to control her, but she is now aware that I know her true name.

In retrospect, she did bring me a spiritual death, and re-birth. And within that I have found a lot of wisdom. So, I am not ungrateful.
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

Since the Gods their names were given by humans there is no such thing as control over the deities. They are omnipotant and omnipresent, we are but ants in comparison to them. The Gods view us as, as much a threat as we do flees. Trust me, even if you wanted to, you do not have any control over her.
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Beknownst

Post by Beknownst »

AutumnMaidens wrote:Since the Gods their names were given by humans there is no such thing as control over the deities. They are omnipotant and omnipresent, we are but ants in comparison to them. The Gods view us as, as much a threat as we do flees. Trust me, even if you wanted to, you do not have any control over her.
That's a relief actually.

So, what I am gathering from this, is when you invoke a God's name, you are asking that god for assistance with their special ability or power? In other words, the invocation that I used was for wisdom and a spriitual rebirth. And that's exactly what I recieved. What do I owe in return?
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

The fact that you belief in her is a gift on its own but you could offer something to her that she would like. Maybe read up on her and see what you could offer that would be specific to her. You could also raise energy and direct it to her in a meditation.

I am glad it was of some help to you and I'm glad you didn't think me rude.
Bless

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”