Starwolf's book of shadows

Start your own thread named "[Name's] Book of Shadows" and add spells, rituals, correspondences, music, videos, etc. that you would like to keep for future use or share with others. Use as many posts as you'd like. It's not private, but at least your family won't see it. You can also get ideas from other people's Books of Shadows.
StarWolf

Re: Starwolf's book of shadows

Post by StarWolf »

Ritual Bath

The purpose of a ritual bath is to cleanse Yourself, from the inside and out, of negative energies and prepare your Physical, Mental and Spiritual Self for Circle. A ritual bath is a rite in and of itself.

The purpose of a ritual bath is to cleanse Yourself, from the inside and out, of negative energies and prepare your Physical, Mental and Spiritual Self for Circle. A ritual bath is a rite in and of itself. The rite is ideally done just prior to Circle, but this is not always the case. [An example of such is if you have to travel to the meeting place.] After the rite is completed and you must travel to another place for Circle, try to keep your mind in a Spiritual frame as this will aid you in Circle.

The bath water should be infused with salts, herbs oils and colors that are harmonious with the work to be done in Circle. To prepare for the bath:

* Select the Herbs, [it is best to have your herbs in a satchel for easier clean-up] oils and salts [of the same color as the candle] that you will be using.

* Have a censer and charcoal block ready to burn a corresponding incense on.

* Anoint a candle of appropriate color [Possibly using the same oil as you are using in the bath water.] If you have a shrine set up in your bathroom, there should be a Goddess and God candle present.

* Have some Rite Water ready. [Rite Water is made from: 1/3 sea-water {river-water with sea-salt added will do if sea-water is unavailable}; 1/3 river-water; 1/3 spring-water {store bought is OK}.]

* Have a tape recorder with meditation music in the bathroom with you, as its aid to visualization and meditation is invaluable. [Be cautious to have the tape recorder far away from any water and DO NOT TOUCH IT WHILE YOU ARE STILL WET.]

* A glass of wine is also needed for consumption upon completion of the rite.

* And your libation dish for the libation to the God and Goddess.

TO BEGIN, turn out the lights and light the candle(s) and incense, turn on tape, fill the tub with warm water and add herbs, oils, salts and a cup or so of Rite Water. With your Athame draw and visulize a Water or Banishing Pentagram over the bath water. All of these tools represent the four Elements; Air/the incense and the scents from the bath, Fire/the heat of the bath, Water/the bath and Rite Water and, Earth/the herbs and oils.

Lower yourself into the water and visualize it cleansing you of all negativity. Know that these energies are flowing from your Physical, Mental and Spiritual Self into the water. Relax and enjoy the warmth of the water, the scents in the air and the feeling of being cleansed of all negativity, let yourself drift. Now concentrate and visualize on the purpose of the coming ritual and know that you are truly prepared. When you feel you are ready, pull the plug and stay in the tub until all the water has drained. As the water is draining visualize and know that the negative energies that are now in the water are going into the Earth and are grounded.

Rise up out of the tub and do a Self Blessing like the following:

Anoint each area while saying aloud:

Blessed be my Mind, that learns of Your ways [anointing your forehead]

Blessed be my eyes, that have seen this day.

Blessed be my lips, That utter Your names and keep Your secrets.

Blessed be my breast(s), formed in strength (Beauty).

Blessed be the phallus (Womb), For without which I would not be.

Blessed be my knees, that shall kneel at thy Sacred Altar.

Blessed be my feet, that have brought me in these ways.

Pour a libation to the Gods and drink the wine. When dried, robe, clean-up the bathroom and take the libation outside to return it to the Earth. The rite is ended.

SO MOTE IT BE!
StarWolf

Post by StarWolf »

StarWolf's glamour spell

Supplies:

1 small, handheld mirror,
3 candles,
rose oil,
patchouli incense
and a little privacy.
Select one color for the strongest effect, or mix and match to get a bit of each:
Red if you are going for sex appeal
Silver if you want to be the center of attention and display star-quality charisma
Orange if you are going for general attractiveness and likeability.

Casting:
On a night when the moon is full, find a secluded outdoor spot. Light your incense and your three candles. Disrobe and anoint the parts of your body you would like to change with the rose oil. For example, if you think your feet are too big, anoint the tops of each foot. If you are going for an all over make-over, then anoint your forehead, your breast bone, the center of your belly, each wrist and behind each knee. Pass the mirror through the smoke of the incense, then raise it over your head, reflective surface facing the moon.

Recite:

Wood and Wind, Ember and Mist
Grant your blessed child's wish
Sacred Mother charge this mirror
Let your light make beauty clearer
Wrap it in your gentle glow
So that tis all it ever shows.
Lower the mirror and gaze into it. Visualize the way you wish to look, and how you want others to see and react to you. Repeat the following:

As a blossom in your glade
Let my beauty never fade.
Now, use the mirror's reflective surface to shine the moonlight on the place(s) you would like to make more pleasing to the eye. When you are done, wrap the mirror in a dark cloth and keep it safe. If the mirror is ever broken, so also will be the spell. Snuff the candles, dress and let the incense burn out.

For an extra boost, like before a big date, business meeting or audition, annoint yourself again with rose oil and spend 10 minutes gazing into the mirror. While doing so, focus on the things you find attractive about yourself and the things you want others to see when they look at you.
StarWolf

Post by StarWolf »

Rising Sun of Hope

Supplies:

1 cup of drinking water

Casting:
At the rising sun, fill a cup with clean, fresh water. When the sun has fully cleared the horizon, begin the spell. Stand at an open window with the cup held in both hands.
Repeat the following invocation aloud:

''Spirit of the Rising Sun I welcome thee once more
Let this day begin anew and let my heart so do

Take from me my burden and burn it in thy light

Let my spirit deep within move from out of night.

Spirit of the Rising Sun I welcome thee once more

That songs of cheer may soon be heard as whispers in my ear

Let them grow and soothe mine mind, my heart that beats within

Spirit of the Rising Sun give unto me the will to win.

Spirit of the Rising Sun make this happy day

Continue through tomorrow, its path become mine way

Spirit of the Rising Sun these things I ask of thee

To take the old and sorrow

In addition, let me start anew''.

When you have finished the invocation, drink the water from the cup. Take care to drink it all.

Repeat this spell as you feel the need.

Lovely and hopeful Blesses to you all :)
StarWolf

Post by StarWolf »

Ju Ju Powder

You will need the following items for this spell:

Mortar and Pestle (Alternatively a Coffee Grinder)
Small Tongs or Spoon
A sharp Knife
A Bowl of any size
A small velvet sachet/bag or small tin (for storing the finished powder)
Angelica Root
Anise Seed
Chamomile
Red Cloves
Fennel
Fenugreek seed
Jasmine Flower
Lavender
Life Everlasting
Lotus Leaf
Meadowsweet
Peony Root
Star Anise
Optionally add any special ingredients you want to add

A brief description of what the spell is about and its purposes: This is a multi-purpose ju ju powder for a variety of uses inclduing protection, banishing negativity, for cleansing, balance, and love etc.

Casting instructions:

What you want to do is simply take each herb/root and grind it down into the finest possible powder as you can. You can either do this one of two ways you can quickly and easily do this by using a coffee grinder one that is solely used for grinding herbs; or you can do it the old fashioned but harder way and grind the herbs/roots using a mortar and pestle. To be honest as much as I like the ease and convenience of a coffee grinder I think that using the mortar and pestle the old fashioned way adds to the power, magic, and effort into the Ju Ju powder as you are working so much harder to achieve the desired result especially after putting your sweat, blood, and tears into your work.

The amount you use for each herb/root does not matter specifically and depends entirely on how much of the finished and blended powder you want. After you grind each herb into a fine powder store it temporarily in the bowl, each time you add the grounded powder of an herb/root to the bowl you should take the tongs or spoon and mix the powder together to blend it. Keep doing this for each herb/root until you have finished with all of the ingredients.

Once you have finished grinding all the herbs/roots and have blended them all together in the bowl you are then going to want to take the sharp knife and prick your finger or palm so that you draw blood. You are then going to want to let several drops of your blood spill into the blended Ju Ju powder. As soon as you do so or while doing so chant this spell:

By the spirits of old, those who have wrought wisdom and understanding;

By the blessed Creator and all of her love, grace, and magic;

By my sacred and divine gifts that have been so generously lent to me;

I call forth the powers of the cosmos, chaos, and creation;

Bless unto me now and into this powder the power to achieve my goals and banish my enemies;

Whether it be protection, purification, finding balance, seeking love or wisdom, and banishing negativity;

Let it be done by my will and my might, let is be sent through both darkness and light;

So shall it be in the keep of the heavens above;

So shall it be below in the realms beyond laughter and love.

Now that you have finished making the Ju Ju powder and you have enchanted it with a spell, mix and blend the powder well once again now that you have added your blood and essence into the powder, let it dry and then store in the velvet sachet/bag or small tin. Keep the powder with you always and use it for what ever you need, practically there is an endless amount of ways the powder can be used. I use it primarily in several ways one being that when the need arises I take a small pinch of the Ju Ju powder and sprinkle it over a candle flame for whatever purpose I need, or I toss a pinch of the powder in front and back of me to protect the path that I walk and keep me from harm. When I seem to be in a negative situation a take a pinch of the powder and sprinkle or toss it at the source of the negativity (yes even at people if need be). I also use the powder when casting a circle, and sprinkle it around me and my sacred space; and I also use it for other spells and during ritual/ceremony as well.

I hope the powder serves you well and helps you in whatever need you have.
StarWolf

Post by StarWolf »

Shamanic Spell/Ritual of Protection

You will need the following items for this spell:

None of these items are necessary unless performing this ritually.
A candle, the color only matters if you consider it to matter. The candle represents fire and the mountain.
A bowl of water, from a fresh and natural source although bottled water is fine. This represents the sea.
A feather, wand, or stang. This represents air and the sky.
A stone, rock, or piece of natural metal. This represents earth.
A drum or something that can be used as a drum.

Casting instructions:

Cast your circle if you feel it to be necessary, or simply thether your energy to the earth and start channeling natural energies. At this point you can call the quarters, invoke or evoke any spirits, being, etc. for aid or assitance.

Make this ritual/spell your own, do what you like to do when casting make it feel right for you.

If you are performing this working ritually, place the items listed in a circular fashin in accordance with the quaters. Feather for east, candle, for south, water, for west, and so on. Light the candle and stand in the center of the circle and start beating your drum in a trance like beat. Aftter several minutes of beating the drum start reciting the incantation below.

If you are casting this spell for urgent use, the items and ritual steps are necessary, you can just begin reciting the spell.

Recite this incantation:

Above is the sky that I hold, and below is the earth that I mold,

Within the mountain the fire burns, beneath the surface the water churns,

I seek sanctuary from that which holds me wrong

Thus I plea and sing the Creators song

As my drums beat transcends the heavens through the sky

My feet stomp and shake the earth and send my cry

My spirit dances pure and strong, and the Creators light pierces the veil

You shall not bear me harm, and my faith and love will not fail

Be gone now this day never to return, in the name of the old one

By air and sky, and sea, by fire let my spirit be free and done.

Once done let the candle burn out and then bury it, pour the water over the buried candle.

Return to “Member's Books of Shadows”