just something i wrote: My Weekend

Post your short stories, articles, etc. here.
Lovingvixen

just something i wrote: My Weekend

Post by Lovingvixen »

My Weekend
I step into my world- a patch of hybrid flowers with plastic thorns scraping against my ankles. I look down at my bare, bloody feet with a loathing of knowledge and a longing for the comfort of insanity. Mentally, I’m weak. I have no will to look across the field to see hatched choices with acrid yolk topping off the branches of still-born babies lost of innocence. I fall to my knees. Squashed flowers melt under my palm and the thorns dig into the heal my hand. I grimace in pain. The sight of the monster leaking through the small slivers in my skin causes me to be launched above the steaming soil to a house I have yet to stop thinking of. My back hits a wall and I slump forward. My emotions land in a twisted heap. I push myself up high enough to show a sight of pathetic stupidity to the person looking out the window. I take in a breath of false hope. Instead of rancid air sucked in through my heart’s assassin, my heart angrily flies out of my mouth, hitting and cracking the window. It bounces off and shatters in my face. I fall back. I become enveloped by the silence of my screaming. My last thought is a question, asking, “How does searching for my needs turn me stupid?” I don’t think anything more as I watch the blood-speckled promises fly above me. I close my eyes and step again into the patch of hybrid flowers and plastic thorns, happy to know the monster’s still alive. My repetitive world, the burning tears of acid dripping down my face, and, at last, my dried up eyes of soiled memories made up the weekend.

I wrote this last year some time. & yeah, it was a terrible weekend.
Love.

Return to “Creative Writing”