You're totem will show itself.. eventually.

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
WhiteDusk

You're totem will show itself.. eventually.

Post by WhiteDusk »

Umh well.. never written about something like this before before, but here goes...
It happened on my bithday, so its a little more than a week ago, but i still remember the feeling that hit me when i was on my way to picking up the post. I had tried to find my animal totem for some time, but each time i meditated i came upon a white stag that after telling me that he wasen't my totem "threw me out" of the meditation. I just coulden't come back, even if i tried, and i did try, several times the same day.

Well, i reached said bithday and i just got to the driveway when i saw that on the mailbox there sat a little sparrow. I'd been reading up on animal totems before and i'd had a clue that my totem was s bird, but when i saw the sparrow it was like something just fell in place. It feelt right, like i just got home. I dont know how else to describe it.
I somehow was a little disappionted, 'cause it would be cool to have something like a wolf or a bear or something with a badass reputation, but i think i knew that it was gonna be somthing small, fast and with all too many maternal instincts. In the end i am happy with my totem, eventhough a badass animal would be good braging about i wouldn't feel connected to it, 'cause it ain't me ;)

So everyone searching for "their" animal, don't worry, it will come in good time. Continue trying, but be patient... it might not show the first many times ;)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: You're totem will show itself.. eventually.

Post by Firebird »

That's so cool! I love sparrows, I think they will serve you well, one of the minor problems with a Big Bad-*** animal is that you will be less likely to be seeing them when your in, say,... the mall, or some other unusual and less natural place. Birds are great.
I have a Dragonfly, he shows up everywhere. You might consider it more of a spirit guide. I try to honor it frequently, (with incense and flowers) and I used to have an earring I never removed of a dragonfly image, it was he who whispered in my ear, and lead me down the life path.
Have fun with your new found Totem. ::coolglasses:: BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”