Animal Affinities? Autism?

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
IvyLee

Animal Affinities? Autism?

Post by IvyLee »

I figured this would be something regarding totem animals, or in the lines of druidism somewhere, but I can't find anything on it.

My friend is really good with animals. Can pick up garter snakes, spiders, even a skink once, and never gets bitten. They always calm down, and she's always had very loyal pets. I'm wondering if there's something with this? It's can't be the same as a familiar, because it's a LOT of animals. (Not always of course.)

She's autistic, and she says she read a book by Temple Grandin about animals and autism saying that since the frontal lobe isn't completely developed, it's easier to connect with them. I'm wondering if the science aspect is true too, or if anyone has heard anything about it. She's on the low end of the spectrum though, and is fully functional. Sometimes it's even easy to forget she has it.

I'm wondering if there was a path or something similar that followed a line of life thinking this way, or that practiced with animals before, as well as any sort of psychic powers regarding it. I'm not quite sure where to put this thread. Since the Shaman board is above, and I searched there, I figured this would be an okay place. Specifically because I'm wondering if there are any paths on it.
Dream Wolf

Re: Animal Affinities? Autism?

Post by Dream Wolf »

im surprised no one responded to this when it was posted...

Any whosit, Animals are far superior to human in terms of intuition, they can sense your intentions. I am decidedly not Autistic, (Sane is another problem altogether but thats a personal choice ;)) anyway, i have a powerful way with animals, to the point where i was able to catch, calm and guide a blackbear out of a basement after it fell in during the spring. I got scratched, but only because it was scared, the point is if your heart holds no fear or anger, they won't run or fight.
IvyLee

Post by IvyLee »

thank you! she's a biology type person, so she assumes it's a lot like you said, that they can just sense and tell. but she's confused as to why it's so many different kinds of animals. she's done this with snakes and stuff too. i don't know of many animal religions, aside from egyptian beliefs, and was unsure if shamanism would classify. (i don't know much about it, actually.)
Dream Wolf

Post by Dream Wolf »

Animals are a big influence in ALL religions, actually, oddly enough, only Religions that have Genesis as their core see snakes as evil, because of Eve and the Forbidden Fruit.

All animals have a basic instinct, so whether its snakes, mice, dogs, or eagles, they all respond in a similar manner as each other.

Some animals might be more wary, but given opportunity they will calm if they feel you are safe.

Spiritually if she has a strong Earth wavelength (Wave length is what I call it, too much manga I guess xp) she'll be more widely accepted by animals, since earth is the Mother and all returns to Earth in time. People with Earth Persuasions tend to go for Horticulture or medical/science fields.

This is based not on the Zodiac or 'Celestial' signs people are born under, but rather on personality. People with certain personalities tend to veer towards certain elements.

I'm strongly Earth, but I have traits that could be associated with Fire, Water, or even Air, and that's normal, Your friend is probably Earth with a touch of Air or Water, Since depending on the culture, Snakes are either Sky beings or Water beings.

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”