How Can I Make My Relationship With The Elements Stronger?

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
whisperingMaiden

How Can I Make My Relationship With The Elements Stronger?

Post by whisperingMaiden »

I always feel like I need a way to make my relationships with the elements stronger.I'm not sure how to though,I mean I know there are rituals for it but a way to make it feel like I am bonding with the element instead of manipulating it.
Thank you.
The empty void in us,can be filled with a little magic.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How Can I Make My Relationship With The Elements Stronge

Post by Firebird »

Hi Maiden, I have found that working with the element directly is a good way to form a bond. I also have felt we need to work with them on a level that is of cooperation rather than domination. Say you need to align with Earth, planting a garden is a lesson in patience as well as getting in tune with that element. Fire- make candles or build a bon-fire, Water- a walk in the rain, or swim in the lake, Air- controlled breathing techniques or fly a kite, Ether- oooh...now that's a hard one, since you must go on faith. I'll think on that, Thanks. Blessed be, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

For spirit/ether...I think of that element as the spark of life within all of us. To me, spirit is the Goddess and God within...that undeniable life force that resides within us. Whenever you work magick and honor that force, you're connecting to spirit :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Dream Wolf

Post by Dream Wolf »

Try going into a small forest or park, preferably with a stream or pond nearby, and just closing your eyes and 'feeling' the elements around you. Feel the earth beneath, the air flowing over, the sunlight warming you. and of course listen to the songs of bird and in the case of the stream, the song of water, which is like life unto itself.

I personally enjoy my meditation near the river. I go there often enough that last years litter of river otters crawled into my lap one evening.
Riyoki24

Post by Riyoki24 »

Spiritual power, I call it the power of every thing. Involves co-existance. Where you need to connect to all. It take practice as well as just listening beyond your self. It requires you to be open, fully open, not partially. Because you receive partiality back. For me I garden a bit. Then I plant and let nature takes it course. I spread seeds wildly in places where lawn mowers can't reach. I love spreading flower seeds. I swim w/ water letting it heal me and cradle me like a lover. The air as it flows never once stopping. The fire I watch it dance gravitating to my energy and being repulsed here and there by energy or air.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

raynelae wrote:For spirit/ether...I think of that element as the spark of life within all of us. To me, spirit is the Goddess and God within...that undeniable life force that resides within us. Whenever you work magick and honor that force, you're connecting to spirit :)
Very cool Ray,
yes the place that is not a place, a time that is not a time, for out of nothing...comes EVERYTHING! the place between the words, is most defiantly a place of faith, so if you expect your magic to work....Faith
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Everyone's ways of connecting with the elements seem great...it inspires me to go out and do the same more often!
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
valerian moon

Post by valerian moon »

firebirdflys wrote:Hi Maiden, I have found that working with the element directly is a good way to form a bond. I also have felt we need to work with them on a level that is of cooperation rather than domination. Say you need to align with Earth, planting a garden is a lesson in patience as well as getting in tune with that element. Fire- make candles or build a bon-fire, Water- a walk in the rain, or swim in the lake, Air- controlled breathing techniques or fly a kite, Ether- oooh...now that's a hard one, since you must go on faith. I'll think on that, Thanks. Blessed be, Firebird
is ether spirit? because to me, that means using your spirituality. like, the more you use it, the stronger it becomes. when I first started practicing when I was 13 (and dumb) I thought I would be this powerful witch overnight, but then I grew up (i'm 16 now) and realized that I've been doing it wrong this whole time. so I consider myself a new beginner. a beginner with knowledge already. where was I....
anyway, I really like what you said there!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”