Question for Those Initiated into a Wiccan Coven

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
Tegywn

Question for Those Initiated into a Wiccan Coven

Post by Tegywn »

I read somewhere online not too long ago that the biggest drawback to being a solitary practitioner, such as my self, is that there are some things that are not published. Some things that can only be taught to those initiated.

So my question is- Is that true?

Is there really some whole chapter of wicca that is never published in a book or online, that one will never learn unless they join a coven?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Question for those Initiated into a Wiccan Coven

Post by Firebird »

There are some ways of raising energy and other things that cannot be done by yourself, So in that sense ...Ya. But as far as imparting sacred knowledge, I don't really think so. Some covens pass the breath of one witch to the other as a way for the lineage to remain unbroken. The Goddess sends her lessons when she thinks the student is ready, whether or not you can see between the lines and glean the esoteric knowledge when it is laid before you is one way a coven may help. But as far as secret chapters, ummmm .... unfortunately you can only get so much from a book, keep to the fields, the Lady will be there to speak to you. Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “F.A.Q.”