Through 40 Waves

For you advanced spell crafters looking to get feedback on spells you wrote.
Aura_Guru

Through 40 Waves

Post by Aura_Guru »

This spell, inspired by an old Greek saying: "been through 40 waves" which roughly meaning "been through hell" can be utillised to banish a specific problem, even magickal. It's fairly simple in its execution, but tricky at times.

Regents:
40 black cords (silk is best)
40 medium sized branches (about 40cm would suffice)
Vetivert Oil
Eucalyptus Incense

Visualising the problem at hand and purification ensuing take each of the branches and inscribe the following upon them:

Thusisaz, Raidho, Gebo, Hagalaz, Phi, Isa, Jera, Algiz, Dagaz. Procceed to anoint each one with the oil while passing above the incense. You may enact a prayer to your local deity if desired. Once all the 40 branches are prepared, tie each with one of the black cords, the tie should be "bunny-eared" aka 2 loops.You should visualise the problem being bound as you tie each cords.

Once you've successfully prepared all 40 branches and cords you must take them out at sea on a windy day and toss each branch at an incoming wave.You may not skip a wave-they must be 40 subsequent.You may also pray but should be done with conviction.All steps of this rite are to be done during waning moon.If you miss a wave you'll have to pick up any tossed branches and try all over again.
raynelae

Re: Through 40 Waves

Post by raynelae »

I love this spell! Thank you for sharing :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Aura_Guru

Post by Aura_Guru »

Thanks I appreciate your feedback!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I Like this, wonder if it could be modified for a stream or a lake, I know there is many folks who have never seen the ocean.
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

I think it could be Firebird...I was wondering the same because I live nowhere near an ocean lol!
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Aura_Guru

Post by Aura_Guru »

The spell i wrote above is of my own making there's a similar one I discovered recently which is much older and seems to hail from Smirni( the coastal area of turkey-the side that's facing Greece). Anyways here it is:

Reagents:
40 rocks/stones collected from the house of the afflicted individual
A new glass bottle
A Vigil Lamp
The Bible( or similar scripture if applicable)*

This ritual is to be enacted at a seashore.Lay the rocks on the Bible.As you see an incoming wave, throw a rock with one hand to the sea and use the bottle with your other hand to collect a incoming wave, while chanting:
"As the wave leaves, may all malice, bad luck and ill-fortune leave the house of X daughter/son of Y

As the wave comes may joy,happiness and good fortune come to the house of X daughter/son of Y

Repeat this 39 more times until all 40 rocks have been used and all 40 waves collected in your bottle.The collected waves will be will enchanted for 3 consecutive nights by means of this procedure:

At dusk you shall lay the bottle on your holy scripture of choice(such as the aforementioned bible) and when all light is gone from the sky you will light a vigil lamp & recite Psalm 23 over the waters. On the phrase "You anoint my head with oil(...) use your fingers to let a drop of oil from the lamp in your bottle with the waters.Then allow your waters to bathe under the stars and the moon.You will repeat this process for 2 more nights( for a total of 3 nights).You must move the waters indoor each dawn to avoid the sunlight touching them.Once this is done you have now consecrated water. Sprinkle liberally the afflicted's house with some of it.The rest the individual should bathe with.

PS: Obviously this spell has heavy Christian elements.If you're performing this for yourself and you're not a Christian or are performing this for another and he/she's not a Christian simply replace the Bible with the appropriate text-if applicable and the Psalm 23 with another suitable prayer.If no holy scripture is applicable (or prayer) simply omit the scripture entirely and replace the Psalm with your own prayers.Make sure you anoint with the oil however.

PS: To moderators: If someone claims this spell as their own and claims copyright infringement know they are lying. This spell is very well know in Greece and originates in old Greek occultism and thus none can claim they know it's exact origin.
Aura_Guru

Post by Aura_Guru »

firebirdflys wrote:I Like this, wonder if it could be modified for a stream or a lake, I know there is many folks who have never seen the ocean.
I think a river would do but not a lake.Lake just lack a certain "purification element present in the seas and to a lesser extent rivers.So yes, one could possibly substitute for a river but not a lake.
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

Aura_Guru wrote:
firebirdflys wrote:I Like this, wonder if it could be modified for a stream or a lake, I know there is many folks who have never seen the ocean.
I think a river would do but not a lake.Lake just lack a certain "purification element present in the seas and to a lesser extent rivers.So yes, one could possibly substitute for a river but not a lake.
I can understand as rivers ebb and flow where as a lake does not. The spell you wrote is beautiful, so as the original version too. Blessed Be!
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Thanks for sharing this, Aura_Guru. It always fascinates me to learn how people do things in other lands. And I like your version of this, with the addition of the Runes. Interesting.

Is there a particular type of tree branch you're using there? I didn't notice if it was mentioned. And the runes --is one to write all 9 of them on each of the 40 branches? Just wondering.

Yes, and perhaps the words could be modified to include a statement such as,

"Notwithstanding this lack of true sea,
may the same --and more-- be accounted me."

...meaning, even though I can't get near an ocean, the same blessing from this spell (and even more blessings, if possible!) be bestowed upon all my efforts here, just from the powerful presence of The Element of Water, alone.

And even if someone lived far inland (or at a desert location) and couldn't get near any bodies of water, not even a river or stream, perhaps they could just run water down the drain of a bathtub, perhaps throwing 40 pinches of salt at the water as it runs (to put one in the mind of the "sea," and to still honor the symbolic number, 40) ...in a real pinch. I do think the ocean is what makes this working special. But, as firebirdflys pointed out, everyone doesn't have that luxury, and after all, when we cook in the kitchen we likewise "substitute" in a pinch, so...you gotta' do what you gotta' do.

Also, I love the use of rocks in the Turkish version. The Earth element is the most solidified of all five elements, a fitting symbol for this because our problems can feel like a "weight" on our shoulders. The Earth element represents our "Earthly" life, the day to day things. And in many cultures, transgressors were "stoned" to death. So subconsciously, our collective consciousness might register stones as "bad things" that could kill someone. So, symbolically, when we're throwing the stones into the sea, we're throwing those "bad things" away from us, never to be seen again. I love it.

You know, for some reason a tarot card version of this just came to me involving the Ace of Cups (to substitute for the sea) and the Ace, Four or Ten of Pentacles (for the stones), etc. "Tarot spells" can be extremely powerful.

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Kassandra wrote:You know, for some reason a tarot card version of this just came to me involving the Ace of Cups (to substitute for the sea) and the Ace, Four or Ten of Pentacles (for the stones), etc. "Tarot spells" can be extremely powerful.
ooooooooooooooooo, Kassandra I like that! and the bathtub thing too! very cool :D
Now I am going to add that one may not be able to find silk cord, or you may find that stuff that looks silky, but is really some sort of Poly-fiber, so maybe pure cotton in a pinch or some other Biodegradable material,
Aura...this is really a great spell!, thanks for posting. :flyingwitch:
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
North Star

Post by North Star »

Kassandra wrote:You know, for some reason a tarot card version of this just came to me involving the Ace of Cups (to substitute for the sea) and the Ace, Four or Ten of Pentacles (for the stones), etc. "Tarot spells" can be extremely powerful.
I like that too! I think tarot cards can be very powerful in spells.

This is a very nice spell, Aura. Thanks for sharing. :)
Aura_Guru

Post by Aura_Guru »

Kassandra wrote:.

Is there a particular type of tree branch you're using there? I didn't notice if it was mentioned. And the runes --is one to write all 9 of them on each of the 40 branches? Just wondering..
No, there isn't any particular tree branch, though if the problem you're banishing is specific you could use the appropriate wood ( such as pine for money/finances).
Yeap, each branch should have all 9 runes inscribed on it.As per the Greek occult tradition's "rules" they should be inscribed vertically.Also the rite is best performed during an odd hour.

Kassandra wrote:. Also, I love the use of rocks in the Turkish version. The Earth element is the most solidified of all five elements, a fitting symbol for this because our problems can feel like a "weight" on our shoulders. The Earth element represents our "Earthly" life, the day to day things. And in many cultures, transgressors were "stoned" to death. So subconsciously, our collective consciousness might register stones as "bad things" that could kill someone. So, symbolically, when we're throwing the stones into the sea, we're throwing those "bad things" away from us, never to be seen again. I love it.
Actually that version is neither Turkish nor Greek purely.When the occult tradition of the area flourished(Smirnean magick), it had been claimed by the Greeks-however the two cultures coexisted for many years therefore Smirnean witches syncretized elements from both cultures.The rocks are indeed used to symbolize "obstacles" in one's path. Interestingly perhaps the Smirnean witches gave different attributes to the 4 elements and ignored the 5th.Earth was explicitly an "evil" element associated with death,diseases,drought,desolation etc.
Aura_Guru

Post by Aura_Guru »

Elisa wrote:.

Is there a particular type of tree branch you're using there? I didn't notice if it was mentioned. And the runes --is one to write all 9 of them on each of the 40 branches? Just wondering..
No, there isn't any particular tree branch, though if the problem you're banishing is specific you could use the appropriate wood ( such as pine for money/finances).
Yeap, each branch should have all 9 runes inscribed on it.As per the Greek occult tradition's "rules" they should be inscribed vertically.Also the rite is best performed during an odd hour.

Elisa wrote:. Also, I love the use of rocks in the Turkish version. The Earth element is the most solidified of all five elements, a fitting symbol for this because our problems can feel like a "weight" on our shoulders. The Earth element represents our "Earthly" life, the day to day things. And in many cultures, transgressors were "stoned" to death. So subconsciously, our collective consciousness might register stones as "bad things" that could kill someone. So, symbolically, when we're throwing the stones into the sea, we're throwing those "bad things" away from us, never to be seen again. I love it.
Actually that version is neither Turkish nor Greek purely.When the occult tradition of the area flourished(Smirnean magick), it had been claimed by the Greeks-however the two cultures coexisted for many years therefore Smirnean witches syncretized elements from both cultures.The rocks are indeed used to symbolize "obstacles" in one's path. Interestingly perhaps the Smirnean witches gave different attributes to the 4 elements and ignored the 5th.Earth was explicitly an "evil" element associated with death,diseases,drought,desolation etc.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

This is a beautiful spell.

Return to “Spell Critique”