No such thing as Christian Wicca

Discussion for and about Christian witches and pagans. How do you merge your two belief systems? Please be kind to Christian witches. I have come to believe that it is a very valid belief system.
Mazu Sakura

Post by Mazu Sakura »

There is no such thing as the Christian Wiccan, for the Christian Bible specificly states:

"But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, idolaters, and all liars, their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur, this is the second death.”

Revelations 21:8

::darkmood:: The fact of this makes me say that there cannot be a Christian Wiccan.
If you believe in Hell, you will have fun there for practicing magic while worshiping your God.
:twisted: newangel goodnevil
The tears we cry are the scars we bear.
May we bear them with pride, for they tell the story of who we are and where we have been.
BLESSED BE!
Zili

Re: No such thing as Christian Wicca

Post by Zili »

Some translations of the bible actual go back further to original meaning not just what is commonly accepted nowadays. that passage actually refers to sorcery or as they believed it evil magic, therefore one who is practicing magic for evil or selfish reasons would go to hell.
Mazu Sakura

Post by Mazu Sakura »

However, part of the bible also states that members of witchcraft should be killed, for they are not real humans at all.
May we bear them with pride, for they tell the story of who we are and where we have been.
BLESSED BE!
Mazu Sakura

Post by Mazu Sakura »

Which is part of the reason why I say that christians are very self centered. not all, but many.
BLESSED BE!
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

Everyone must also realize that the original language the bible was written in cannot be translated accurately into English, and that one of the Pope's, can't remember which at the moment, took stuff out of the Bible because he said it didn't uphold the core values of the faith. It's a center of a great deal of tension even between Christians so really there is no certainty of what the bible was originally supposed to say. At least until someone finally digs out the original from the Vatican vault which will likely never happen.

Also note that the first translation was into Greek, which doesn't translate well into English either.
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not go blindly forward, See
Do not judge, Understand
Do not forget, for in this you shall learn nothing
-The Judge
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

not only do you take a language that is difficult to translate, but have you ever played telephone??? you pass the story down through 10 people and the story changes, try hundreds of times over a couple thousand years, swayed by those who would wish to influence...
But in response to the Christian Wicca...there may be such a thing, maybe,... and I say this only if they are separating the Goddess and God from the the rest of the practice. (kinda takes a lot of the beauty out of it,) but I can see a Christian following the cycles of the seasons.
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 22274.html
Blessings Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Mazu Sakura

Post by Mazu Sakura »

Not really, quite frankly you would be neither because as stated by the judge, you take the beauty from the goddess and god and you are not exactly faithful to the christian God either.
BLESSED BE!
Zili

Post by Zili »

to be Christian you can still believe there are other gods and goddesses the commandments states that Christians shall only worship God and have no other idols before him. (in some translations) Christians can still worship others it makes them bad Christians in the eyes of other Christians but just because you sit your butt in a church pew doesn't mean you're a good Christian.

And I state again that just because one side of the two religions says that the other can't be or shouldn't be doesn't mean that they aren't mixed. There's a religion that was influenced by magick and Roman Catholics called, Santeria. Santeria had practiced animal sacrifice, healing magick, etc. Roman Catholics denounce those that practice magic yet this group is associated and is under the wing of both Catholic churches and Protestant ones.

According to your reasoning Santeria can't be a real religion yet it is. Religion and Faith are what the practioners believe. To you there can be no Christian-Wicca, yet to those that mix the two yes there is. Is it right? Well that's not for me or you to say those that practice pagan faiths are told we are wrong for various reasons yet it is right to us.
Mazu Sakura

Post by Mazu Sakura »

While I understand that the two are fused, and I see your argument, which I did not intend for this to become such argument, I accept that people believe what they believe. In the eyes of Christians, the Pagans are seen as scary. As I type this now, people are watching because they don't understand. Maybe, yes, the two could co-operate as one :D , but really i feel that in a way, you would be outcasted by both strict Wiccans and strict Christians. The group of support has automatically shrank in size. Please do not think of me as hateful or quick to judge. I am still only 14 and I am just rather stubborn. (my elements are Fire and Water.)

BLESSED BE!
Maria1414

Post by Maria1414 »

The problem that the bible has is....that the people's saviour said he will accept a person no matter in what form or shape :/
Aspiria

Post by Aspiria »

Maria1414 wrote:The problem that the bible has is....that the people's saviour said he will accept a person no matter in what form or shape :/
I know I was always told, by a Christian, that the verse that says "thou shall not suffer a witch to live" which people interpret as witches are evil burn em, is wrong. Back then witch actually was used to describe someone who dabbled in healing medicine. The original word was the Hebrew or Latin version of pharmacist. But a person who knew How to heal with herbs also knew How to use herbs to kill. Therefore They should be avoided or you could bring about your own death.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

This is a topic that goes on and on...here is a couple links to other discussions on the subject;
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ml#p168344
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ml#p169395
enjoy!
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Maria1414

Post by Maria1414 »

It's a very complex subject lol!
Zili

Post by Zili »

Back then witch actually was used to describe someone who dabbled in healing medicine. The original word was the Hebrew or Latin version of pharmacist.
Wrong wrong wrong. the term people translate to mean "witch" in our modern language did not mean so back then it meant sorcerer/sorceress it refers to those who used their knowledge for wrong, those that did practice more evil things such as calling up demons, casting curses and hexes, and so on.
Mazu Sakura

Post by Mazu Sakura »

Zili wrote:
Back then witch actually was used to describe someone who dabbled in healing medicine. The original word was the Hebrew or Latin version of pharmacist.
Wrong wrong wrong. the term people translate to mean "witch" in our modern language did not mean so back then it meant sorcerer/sorceress it refers to those who used their knowledge for wrong, those that did practice more evil things such as calling up demons, casting curses and hexes, and so on.
Exactly. Yes, it is very complex, but a good discussion all and all.
BLESSED BE!

Return to “Christian Witchcraft”