Totems and Energy

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
BaeTheWitch

Totems and Energy

Post by BaeTheWitch »

I only know three animal totems at the moment but I can feel the fourth coming. I have a questions about them though....I have noticed my energy levels go through a HUGE shift when a totem animal makes itself known to me.

The first one is a butterfly. It came to me in person. I noticed walking around they would land in my hair or my arm and constantly follow me. They would shuffle around my feet when walking around ANYWHERE! I also noticed I had been unusually tired this entire week. Then I was meditating in my backyard because I had been so tired but couldn't fall asleep, and atleast twenty butterflys just flew out of the willow tree in my neighbors backyard and started spinning around me and it was AMAZING!!!! I have never expirenced something like that in my entire life. I knew then that it was indeed my totem.

My second animal totem is a bison. I was in one of my classes when I felt so drained, so I tried to take a nap sense we weren't doing anything and all of the sudden I was in a VERY INTENSE trance-like state and I was in a feild but there were mountains north of me, a pond to the west, the forest started on the west and the sun was riasing from the south of me. I saw stag looking at me from a distance (to the west as well) up on a hill but he ran off. I looked down and there was a bison right in my face and I put my and on his head, right above the middle of his eyes and he closed them. Then I "woke up". I was exausted but sort of hyper at the same time.

My third expirence I was actually having very bad headaches for a few days in a row and the only way I could get the pain to stop was to take a shower. I was craving water like no other too. eventually I was having the worst headache I have expirenced yet and so I started the shower. I was so tired that I was about to get uot but when I reached fot the faucet, I was in a trance-like state again but this time I was completely submergerd in freezing water. I was holding my breath but It felt like I had air for days. I feel small waves moving me from behind so I turned around and an beautiful orca was swimming towards me and she was singing and swam next to me for awhile. I could feel her skin!!!! It was by far the most real vision I had ever had. I eventually swam above her and grabbed her dorsal fin and rode her. After awhile I decided to let go and she disappeared in to the freezing waters. I "woke up" and was SHAKING!!! I was sooooooooo happy and excited but once I got out of the shower I just colapsed in my bed it felt like a tractor was parked on top of me. I was EXAUSTED!!

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo I was wondering, are these energy shifts going to keep getting this intense? I can feel my fourth totem coming. I am getting headaches, I am falling asleep in every class and once I get home too! Is there a way I can control this?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Totems and Energy

Post by Firebird »

Not to diminish the magical experience, but some of the symptoms you described sounds like diabetes...have you been checked for that?
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I agree with Firebird. Make sure everything is okay medically.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Your visions are really amazing. I loved the whole butterfly experience. That made me wonder if spirits were letting you know they were around.

It's concerning that you would have such strong visions and feel so tired all the time. I wonder if you could have Narcolepsy. If so, that would explain the tiredness and the visions/dreams that you're having without even trying. Here is a list of symptoms of Narcolepsy.

Narcolepsy symptoms usually first occur during ages 15 to 30.

The most common symptoms are:
  • * Periods of extreme drowsiness during the day. You may feel a strong urge to sleep, often followed by a short nap (sleep attack).
    • * These periods last for about 15 minutes each, although they can be longer.

* They may happen after eating, while driving, talking to someone, or during other situations.

* Most often, you wake up feeling refreshed.
    * Dream-like hallucinations between sleep and wakefulness. They involve seeing or hearing, and possibly other senses.

* Sleep paralysis. This is when you cannot move as you start falling asleep or when you first wake up. It may last up to 15 minutes.

* Cataplexy. This is a sudden loss of muscle tone while awake that makes you unable to move. Strong emotions, such as laughter or anger, can trigger this.
    • * Most attacks last for less than 30 seconds and can be missed.

* Your head will suddenly fall forward, your jaw will become slack, and your knees will buckle.

* In severe cases, a person may fall and stay paralyzed for as long as several minutes.
Narcolepsy can be dangerous. I saw a guy on TV who wore a helmet all day long because he would simply crash to the floor when he fell asleep, hitting his head on whatever might be in his way. If a person is driving when they fall asleep then they'll most likely crash.

The thing is, most people have to meditate for a long time before they start having such intense visions as yours. And they usually don't happen frequently. So I think most of us are inclined to think it's a health issue. The good thing about sleep disorders though is that unlike normal people, you'll often find yourself having spiritual experiences like visions and out-of-body experiences. So it can be really helpful for spiritual growth, although it can sometimes wreak havoc on a person's regular life.
BaeTheWitch

Post by BaeTheWitch »

Yes I do actully have Type 2 Diabetes. I was born with it. I also have severe cognitive sleep apnea and many other health conditions. I also know that they have gotten 50%-80% better. (I have check ups almost twice a month.)
I have never had experince's like this unless a totem is showing itself to me. I have passed out because of my Diabetes a few times and the same things happen. Again, nothing like this. I Have been days without sleeping and had hallucinations but I know how those are too. (More like a acid trip)
These vision like states are nothing like I have expirenced.

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”