How can I connect with fire?

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
Moonstone Ivy

Post by Moonstone Ivy »

I am very close to the other elements: mainly air, it is my star sign element and I fit the things asociated with it, I'm ok with earth, it is my moon sign element, and I love water.
But I don't have a very stong connection with fire, I'm not a very powerful or strong-willed person and I feel a bit scared near large fires (e.g. bonfires).
Does anyone know how I can make a stonger connection?
raynelae

Re: How can I connect with fire?

Post by raynelae »

I connect with fire through the sun (most natural form) and candle gazing. Simply feel the warm rays of the sun on your skin. Even in the chill of winter, you can still connect to this. Let it melt away your troubles and renew you. Fire is both destructive and creative. Gaze into a candle flame and watch the flame flicker and dance. You will connect with fire doing this. Look into trataka (candle gazing meditation) this will help you.
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Good call Ray!
I would also like to add, if you can make a fire...fire building techniques, can bring one closer to fire. My Dad taught me to build a one match fire, and uh...well, I don't have the name Firebird for nothing! I'm a fire bug and am very happily sitting in front of a roaring fire right at this moment. Fire can be fearful, and I understand the Bon-fire thing can be intimidating, just remember to treat it with respect and you should do well.
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Maria1414

Post by Maria1414 »

My element is fire, and my relationship with it just seems to be getting stronger and stronger. Both Ray and Firebird are so right, just sitting infront of it and staring at it blocking everything else out does so much, you can just get lost in it concentration goes through the roof for me doing that. Even sitting with a candle and just running my fingers through the little flame seems to calm me down its amazing what a little flame can do. Of course it's always easier to be close to your own element, but just try sitting there and gazing into a little flame on the candle get yourself close to a small flame. Walk before you run :) xx
WhiteDusk

Post by WhiteDusk »

I am a water sign, and I fit the description of those perfectly, but I personally always feel exhilarated near great bonfires like those we have in Denmark on midsummers eve. The power of the fire always make me smile from one ear to the other xD I have sort of the opposite problem of you, I don't feel very connected to water, but... enough about that :P

I do agree with the others, if you feel intimidated then start small with a candle and move to the bigger fires, once you feel comfortable :D
Moonstone Ivy

Post by Moonstone Ivy »

Thank you for answering my question. I'll try small like you say, candle medition sounds good. Fingers crossed we become better connected.
Lovingvixen

Post by Lovingvixen »

I want to point out that it might take time to connect with fire. For a while, I wasn't psychologically stable when trying to connect with water, and that got in the way. But for me, the easiest way to connect with fire is through candle gazing. (I think someone mentioned that earlier.) Hope it works for you. ^_^
Love.

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”