possesive family

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
kiera_myint

possesive family

Post by kiera_myint »

i really need to get back with my ex boyfriend....
he's my life and i cant live wothout... we only break up bcos of my parents....they wont allow us to c each other..
my family is very possesive abt me...that i cant even go out with friends....

can nyone help?????????
i need to be independent.
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

....this depends all on your age and under what circumstances they won't let you go out with him. There are many things you can do, but without proper detail there are too many chances for very bad advice.
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
Vicki*

Post by Vicki* »

Why wont they let you see him?

If you dont know exactly why, ask them, but be extremely polite, and dont argue your point for now!
[url=http://www.internationalgathering.blogspot.com]~ Sometimes I just cant shut up... ~[/url]
kiera_myint

Post by kiera_myint »

cos hes not from same country and same religion.
[scifichick]

Post by [scifichick] »

More details would be nice. However... Your parents might just know better! You probably don't want to hear that at this point. Depending what country and what religion he is, you might really not know what you are getting into. Of course everything depends on just two particular people, but some cultures have a hard time mixing.
Only in silence the word,/ only in dark the light,/ only in dying life:/ bright the hawk's flight/ on the empty sky. --Le Guin
lek

Post by lek »

When I was 15 I thought the world was against me and my parents were leading the charge. Nothing they did made sense to me, they were strict, rigid, very boring and never let me have any fun.

Now that I'm 27 all of the things they did are suddenly making sense to me...and honestly I'm terrified at what I'm becoming. :lol:

Express your concerns to your parents, talk it out, but abide by their decision, more often than not they know best and are just looking to save you from heart break. Cross religion relationships are very difficult and rarely work out without great sacrifices, sometimes those sacrifices are too great.
kiera_myint

Post by kiera_myint »

well,
im 24 now and he is too... we went out for 4 years and i know that hes the one and i think im old enuff to know the difference of good and bad. i want my parents to understand that im old enuff to decide. I have tried to talked to them but theyre just not willing to accept it...
lek

Post by lek »

Well, are you 23 or 24....from the way you were speaking I thought you were a teenager. If you are an adult, then it's really no business of your parents who you see.
[scifichick]

Post by [scifichick] »

I agree with lek. If you are 24... You can start by moving out of your parents house and then they can't really forbid you to see anyone.
Only in silence the word,/ only in dark the light,/ only in dying life:/ bright the hawk's flight/ on the empty sky. --Le Guin
Vicki*

Post by Vicki* »

You really have to move out to be able to do your own thing. Unfortunately, if you live in their home its still their rules you need to follow :?
[url=http://www.internationalgathering.blogspot.com]~ Sometimes I just cant shut up... ~[/url]
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

If you live in the UK, after the age of 18 your parents have no say if you move out or not. I guess it is similar in the US. You might want to avoid a row, but in the end you should look after number one.
Amber

Post by Amber »

your parents are just looking out for you mine are just as bad i was only just alowed to date before being banned to see my ex talk to them show them it from your point of view.

Amber

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”