For fellow empaths

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
raynelae

For fellow empaths

Post by raynelae »

Empathy is not a curse. It's a gift...but a gift that takes work and dedication to get a hold on it. Shield yourself daily and you will discover you will be able to sort out your emotions from other people's emotions. Use this gift to heal. Get out your crystals and make a crystal grid...heal whoever makes you feel sad. Talk to them. But do not let them take away your peace of mind. Get a hold on your empathy and you will learn it's true gift. :)
How to shield yourself:

Psychic shielding is very important. Sometimes we “pick up” energy from other people, without knowing we are doing so. Their moods or emotions may “bleed over” onto us, leaving us feeling angry, sad, tired, depressed, or whatever they are feeling -and not knowing where this emotion came from. Also, sometimes people will deliberately send negative energy to us -even though that is a very bad thing which one should never do. Such negative energies cannot harm you, as long as you don’t let them in -but in daily life this is an unconscious process. To one skilled in magic and psychism however, this process under ones direct conscious control. With psychic shielding we set the boundaries which keep out unwanted energy from others, but simultaneously strengthen our own Aura, or energy, keeping it healthy.

This exercise should be done daily, either when you go to bed or when get up, or as part of your daily psychic exercises.

Put yourself into a comfortable position and begin by releasing all tension and anxiety.

Visualize a ball of white light floating above you. Focus on the energy of the ball -know that it is full of love and strength and peace. Try hard to FEEL these qualities in the energy of the ball.

Now let the energy from the ball of light begin to flow down into you. The energy is a beautiful, clear white light. No matter how much light comes into you, the ball will remain equally strong for its true origin is the Goddess and it is a source of boundless spiritual energy.

Let the energy from the ball pour into you and flow throughout your body. Let it move out into your arms and legs, down into your fingers and toes.

Now let that light expand beyond your body. At first see the light expand just an inch out from your body. Now let it expand a little more -two inches, four inches... Let the light expand to form an oval around your whole body --an oval filled with clear, beautiful, loving white light from Goddess.

Now let that oval of white light expand to form a perfect circle of energy around you, expanding until it is about six feet across.

Now, in your mind affirm this:

“There is one power in the Universe, and I am a perfect manifestation of that power. As such I will that the boundaries of my aura shall be strong and healthy, repelling all unwanted energy while remaining open to positive and healing energy. Safe within these boundaries nothing can harm me, for I am filled with the strength of the Goddess. By my will, so mote it be -and it is so.”

Now let the visual image of the light dissipate, but know that its protection and strength remain with you.

Now clear and release all excess energy.
(From this website)

Shield daily and you will, over time, see results.
Best wishes!
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Violet

For fellow empaths

Post by Violet »

I would really love to try this. Thank you!
Moira

Re: For fellow empaths

Post by Moira »

Shielding is very important...but what you`re describing is not empathy, it`s sympathy. Sympathy is when you can feel other people`s feelings and you can not distinguish whose it is - yours or others. Usually you got "caught up" in it. But empathy is when you can feel others feelings but you know it`s not from you and you stay out of it (you`re not emotionally involved). To get there it`s good to open your heart centre. And yes, shielding is helpful until you`re there...

It`s what i`ve been taught, don`t take it for granted... Just think about it... ;)
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Empathy is feeling emotions. We (empaths) can feel emotions and other people's emotions can change our emotions if we aren't properly shielded. For example, I was in a good mood one day until I ran across someone who was feeling negative. That negativity went through me because I wasn't properly shielded. Empaths can have some trouble sorting their emotions from other people's. Empaths feel strongly emotionally involved when others are feeling down and we want to help them. When we take a hold on our empathy, we're able to do that.
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I think being am empath takes "empathy" just a bit further... in that you can "sense" another's emotion ie;... pain, anger, sorrow etc,... without the other person even saying a thing,... like an invisible wave that travels through the air. And with that "sense" suddenly you are a part of the feeling, whether you want to be or not.

I found this little bit of info:

[img]Empathy

Definition
The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines empathy as the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner.

Origin
The word empathy was adopted into the English language from the German word Einfuhlung which means feeling into. This word was adapted by German philosopher Robert Vischer from the Greek word empatheia which meant physical affection, passion and partiality.

Examples:

I understand what you are feeling and empathize with your situation. (Using the word empathy)
I understand your pain; my grandmother too passed away last year. (Expressing empathy)

Sympathy

Definition
The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines sympathy as the act or capacity of entering or sharing the feelings or interests of another and the emotional and mental state that results due to the sensitivity experienced. Sympathy is experienced when the emotions of one person cause and bring about similar emotions in another person. This results in a state of mind where the feeling is shared by both people.

Origin
The word sympathy can also trace its origins back to the Greek word pathos meaning suffering and syn, which translates into together, thus referring to the understanding that one can feel of another person's suffering or unhappiness, especially the grief that a person is feeling.

Examples:

I have never lost a pet, but I sympathize with your loss. (Using the word sympathy)
I was sorry to hear about your grandfather. Is there anything I can do to help you during this difficult time? (Expressing sympathy)
Read more at Buzzle: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/empathy-vs-sympathy.html[/img]

Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Moira

Post by Moira »

Well how normal people use those two word is different that of esoterics. This knowledge comes from esoteric and not from dictionaries. A lot of stuff today was simplified so i suggest reading original spiritual texts (like Alice Bailey, Blavatsky and others)... The difference is which centre is working while perceiveing: it starts with plexus solaris (sympathy), heart (empathy) and next throat (telepathy).

Use this knowledge or leave it alone, don`t try to find something that says the opposite, because you`ll find a lot of that in every topic. Sometimes you need to give up what you know and learn again...just don`t let ego ruin you the chance to keep learning ;)
Violet

Post by Violet »

This morning I tried this exercise. I saw a bright light like sunlight right above my head, breaking through a field of total darkness. Though it didn't conform precisely to the description of the exercise, I embraced the sensation. The light was centered at the middle of my forehead. I embraced the mental affirmations described in the exercise.

As I began stirring, I didn't feel a white glow around myself, but a shell of an ice-blue quality. I had the sense that I was protected by something hard, rather than a field of white energy. I just went with that, and accepted that I was now shielded from others' feelings and projections.

Today I have felt blissfully aware of my own feelings and attuned with how I feel toward other people around me, which is a big difference for me. Normally at the end of the day I have no idea how I feel, only bad. I feel like I've gained a lot more space in my mind to work with this evening.
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

You said it better than I could Firebird! And Violet Flower Witch, I'm glad you got good results so quickly! :)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi there everyone, I found this really good link by Kassandra,
it has videos and links to other resources, stories, quiz's etc...
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... lit=empath
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

So,I do shield everyday and ground whenever I feel it's necessary which helps. I'm zen all day,I handle any situation calmy (I feel that's the real me)but is it normal to feel a discomfort in my stomach when I see someone in pain or someone sad/angry/stressed? It feels like there's a war taking place in there and with grounding it gets better but in order to get rid of it,I have to get away from the person. The closer I am to a person,the bigger the pain/discomfort is. Still,it's much better than what I was feeling before learning how to shield myself, but I have no idea what it means exactly.
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Moira wrote: The difference is which centre is working while perceiveing: it starts with plexus solaris (sympathy), heart (empathy) and next throat (telepathy). ;)
BW, This might apply to your question.
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Oh, thank you! I don't know how I missed it ...
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Found this little quick short by Brene Brown.
she's a great speaker, thought this was a cute video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Evwgu369Jw
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”