Celtic Green Witch With Shinto Ways

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
Rayven Nightmoon

Celtic Green Witch With Shinto Ways

Post by Rayven Nightmoon »

Definitions:

Celtic Wicca: Goes by the elements, the Ancient Ones and nature. They are usually healers or respect them highly. They work with plants, stones, flowers, trees, the elemental people, the gnomes and the fairies.

Green Witch: A Green Witch is simply a practitioner of natural magic. Green Witches use nature’s gifts of flowers, plants and herbs for medicinal and magical purpose. They make brews and potions and perform magical rituals and spells for the benefit of themselves and others – with harm to none.

Shinto: Shinto is an ancient Japanese religion. Starting about 500 BCE (or earlier) it was originally “an amorphous mix of nature worship, fertility cults, divination techniques, hero worship, and shamanism.” Its name was derived from the Chinese words “shin tao” (“The Way of the Gods”) in the 8th Century CE.

Solitary Witch: This is one who practices alone, without a coven etc.. following any tradition.

You put these together and you have me. My sister once told me, ‘make your own religion. Take what works for you out of all the religions and put them together until you have something that is yours and works for you.’ And that is basically what I have done. I bel smileydance
With Perfect Love and Perfect Trust,
Rayven Nightmoon

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Celtic Green Witch With Shinto Ways

Post by Firebird »

I can relate to this very much, my husband is Japanese and I have done some research into Shinto. :) Still, I am mostly a earth worker... with a mixed background as well, connecting with the plants, local spirits and sprites of the lands I tread upon.
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Rayven Nightmoon

Re: Celtic Green Witch With Shinto Ways

Post by Rayven Nightmoon »

firebirdflys wrote:I can relate to this very much, my husband is Japanese and I have done some research into Shinto. :) Still, I am mostly a earth worker... with a mixed background as well, connecting with the plants, local spirits and sprites of the lands I tread upon.
Blessings, Firebird
Sounds interesting. :) I find I have a huge connection with Shinto from past lives. As well as the Celtic though I am 95% Celtic in this life.

My Dad was Chinese so I have a fascination with thing of that nature as well.
With Perfect Love and Perfect Trust,
Rayven Nightmoon

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”