How to reconcile/practice a nature based religion/path....

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
Elyheim

How to reconcile/practice a nature based religion/path....

Post by Elyheim »

while living in an area/society cut off from nature?

I've been trying to figure this out for the last couple of years.

I would love to be able to live out in the country, somewhat apart from others and be able to do my own thing. Unfortunately, since I realized/came to terms with what I believe. For the last 4 years I've basically been living in major metropolitan areas *DC, right outside of Philly, Metro Detroit...* and it's very difficult to try to balance the two. On top of that, I find myself at times falling back into old habits *throwing cigarette butts out the window while I drive and such*. Not only that, but I also have a hard time finding time to even attempt to do meditation/ritual/prayer, mostly due to home life *my boyfriend, as sweet as he is most of the time, really doesn't understand what I'm trying to do*.

I'm just more or less at a loss on how to follow a spiritual path that reveres nature and the God and Goddess while living in areas that pretty much just destroy any semblance any anything natural while at the same time trying to do what I would like to do with another person around who doesn't quite "get" what it is that I want.

Any advice?
Holdasown

Re: How to reconcile/practice a nature based religion/path..

Post by Holdasown »

I don't live in a big city but I have read stuff from people who have. Plants and growing stuff is a good idea. One nice thing about cities is recycling programs. Cities have wights the same as land does. Here is a great article on City Spirits.

http://witchesandpagans.com/Pagan-Paths ... art-i.html
http://witchesandpagans.com/Heathen-Her ... rt-ii.html
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

I also live in an area where it is much harder to be able to utilize and communicate with nature. I have found that if you grow things inside or even put the pots outside so they can grow by the light of the sun and moon it can help too.

As far as your boyfriend not understanding what you are doing, simply talk to him about it and explain it the best way you can. Provide him with examples like pictures, stones, plants etc. explain what they are, what they can be used for and what not. I hope this helps. Blessings Be !
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

I've been in your situation before.. Living in a apt in a very large city, with no dirt, only a parking lot for a view.. (but I must advise you, but a bottle or something in your car with a bit of water in it, and put your butts out in it. Then put the cap on, will remove bad butt smell ( stop laughing ) and maybe prevent a fire and littering.)
At any rate, I have some tips that may help.
1. Put as many large p,ant as you are able inside your apt or house. (corners, by shelves, out of way spots) and put potted plants like herbs or flowers or aloe vera, or even ivy in a window seal. It gives an out doorsy feel to your home.
2. Maybe get an aquarium or small cage with a hermit crab, turtle, or some fish to set out in open, where you can decorate their cage or tank and get the feel of animal surroundings.
3. Find some flat round rocks, and paint words like "" prosperity" " harm none" or whatever positive thing you want and place them in a spiral, or triangle, or circle, or what have you, in a special place around your door.
4. If your able, put your altar in a p,ace where you can see it all the time, like the kitchen or living room.

I hope I sparked some ideas, to help..

Good luck
Bright Blessings

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”