Morning local radio show anti-paganism

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
SeerShadow

Morning local radio show anti-paganism

Post by SeerShadow »

One of my local radio shows, (that doesn't devote it self to a particular religion) has a co-host that made an anti-Pagan comment. They were talking about the school systems little gift parties for Christmas, and Easter. Well that got on how they don't like to show things particuraly religous to make all students feel comfertable. And one of the co-hosts said "Ugh, you must go to a Pagan school" in a very rude tone, and went on with saying his children go to a Christian school. Just the way he said it, and in the context was very offensive.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Morning local radio show anti-paganism

Post by Xiao Rong »

Ugh, barf. That's really reprehensible. I hate it when people assume that just because we're not praying to Jesus in schools or whatever we're waging a war on Christianity or Christmas or whatever.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Christianity = Paganism

Some things Christians might want to Google and/or research in a library are:

Easter and Astarte worship; Christmas and Saturn worship (Saturnalia); holly and the Druids; evergreen tree and Maypole and penis-worship fertility rites; sun god worship/Jesus/Nimrod/Tammuz/Odin; Babylonian/Egyptian/Christian "trinities"; the pagan Tau symbol and the so-called Christian cross; Santa Claus and Norse gods; the numerology all throughout the Bible; and what really got censored out of the Bible at Nicea and the other "Councils"...I could go on.

In short, don't take it personally whenever Christians put down paganism. They honestly don't know their own religion...you know: "Forgive them Goddess, for they know not what they do," lol. :wink: They literally know not.

SeerShadow

Post by SeerShadow »

Kassandra, your right I mean if only they took time to research instead of instantly putting down Pagan(and other) beliefs.
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Honestly this doesn't surprise me. Most small towns (I'm assuming you're in one) are very close-minded...just like the one I'm in. People are very rude and ignorant..end of story.
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”