Eagle as totem?

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
Lover of War

Eagle as totem?

Post by Lover of War »

I believe the Eagle is my totem and im just curious as to what it might mean?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Eagle as totem?

Post by Firebird »

Eagle is considered the animal that is closest to the heavens and therefore has a direct connection to the Gods, the only other bird that gets higher is hummingbird, who rides on the shoulders of the eagle to punch holes in the night sky...known as stars! ('tis Native American lore and is really a much longer and beautiful story about cooperation).
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

I believe the eagle teaches people to look at the bigger picture - this is my partners totem animal. I only ever notice them when he's around.

@firebird - Hummingbird is my totem animal. For me it means joy, happiness, light energy

They really gravitate to me. In the last 6 months I have been doing fertility workings and they have built nests right at my back door and one directly in front of my front door. If they have chicks in the nests I often avoid that door - they have raised multiple clutches at my home despite me having 2 cats. I also wonder how much of it is due to the fertility workings - now I have bees building a nest in my back doorknob. They are just rainforest bees, not the kind that bite.

The hummingbirds also reminded me to stand up for myself even when it seems like you have no hope of winning. They are actually very bold creatures that will face off with anything that threatens their territory. If the cats were by their nest they would just chirp loudly outside my bedroom window and I Would go downstairs and move the cats (they would only sun themselves on a nearby table but the hummingbirds hated it and would try to chase them off).

I practice a lot of bird augury and think you can gain valuable lessons in life from watching animals. I like to collect feathers and put them on my altar. It's nice to maintain that connection to nature.

Oh I should mention the hummingbirds both times built their nests right by these tribal masks that I put egregores into to protect the house. They must scare predators as they are scary looking masks. Anyway they are a huge part of my life.
I make offerings to them sometimes.

Brightest blessings
DarkMoon
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Lover of War

Post by Lover of War »

That makes sense, both of you helped.

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”