Seems like this section isn't used very much.

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender discussion and questions.
HippieWitch

Seems like this section isn't used very much.

Post by HippieWitch »

But with the name of the section I can see why. My sexual preference isn't a lifestyle, because that implies there's a choice in it. As far as I can remember, I wasn't given a choice on my sexual preference, it just is. ::darkmood::
Shiloh
Zili

Re: Seems like this section isn't used very much.

Post by Zili »

I haven't used this section mostly because I may be out of the broom closet but I'm still in the closet as a pansexual. Only a few friends and my boyfriend know. My mother and I had a conversation a year ago in which I presented her with a "hypothetical" situation in which one of her children may identify as anything other than her idea of "normal." She gave the "I'd still love my children but wouldn't be able to accept their choices."

My older brother is a cross-dresser and she still holds it over him.
I'm pan sexual and wont come out to her.
My little brother appears to be asexual or he may be a closeted gay himself.
HippieWitch

Post by HippieWitch »

I know the feeling about a parent holding a part of who you are over your head. I'm transsexual and my parents haven't fully accepted me as who I really am. I've been out for almost 3 years and living as whoni really am for 2 and a half. They think I'm in a hetero relationship with my wife. They don't get that it's really a lesbian relationship. They aren't he reason she and I will be moving to Idaho soon. Even though soon isn't soon enough.
Shiloh
Zili

Post by Zili »

The only one in my family who knows about me and my sexuality is my cousin in Philly thats because he came out to me first as a bisexual male after his marriage fell apart just before I left an abusive relationship (that ex used to hold me being pansexual over me, he would say I'm not a true pan (he would actually call me bi) because I hadn't had an experience with another girl since I was 12 years old.)

I wish I lived closer to my cousin because I can be open with him he's also still in the broom closet with his family (fun fact our fathers are identical twins)

At almost 26 I'm still living at home I got out for 8 months living with the asshole ex but had to move back to keep from being abused even more. I don't have the means to live on my own since my job sucks so much I can't even afford a used car on my salary and its never a stable schedule.

The first time I came out to anyone at all ended up ruining my anti-rape student group at the college our vp quit on us because she was too christian to be around so many lesbians and bisexuals. From that point on our group struggled (in the end it was one girl's abusive boyfriend that tore the group apart for good.
HippieWitch

Post by HippieWitch »

I'm still living at home so I know how bad it can suck. I've been disabled for a couple years now and just finally got a handicapped placard. I was living with a couple of people but the deal in worked out with the guy that owned the house fell apart when his ex started coming around again. She hated me with a passion. But being at the parents sucks. My fiancée moved in with me to try to keep things calm since me and my mom don't get along at all. But now Web have our way out of here. Going to move to where her mom's side of the family in Idaho. Big change going from East Tennessee to middle of nowhere Idaho. But I'm ready for it. Where I am, I get threats and a few have followed through and attacked me, so leaving here will be like leaving he'll for heaven. But you mentioned an abusive ex. I have some horror stories I can tell about 2 abusive exs.
Shiloh
Zili

Post by Zili »

I hope the move works out this time (Idaho is also really beautiful I have a friend who grew up in Texas living there now with her husband and 14 year old son. She posts pictures from the woods around her house of all the wildlife that come to visit, including a huge moose!)

I have had more than my fair share of abusive ex's only two held it over me. My ex fiance used it as blackmail and the other one just used it to mentally torture me. My current relationship is tons better, and he doesn't hold it over me because he himself admits that he feels like he identifies as bisexual.
HippieWitch

Post by HippieWitch »

Thanks. I hope Idaho is the place for me. Long move so I'm risking a lot going but I think it's for the best. I'm glad to hear after all that you're in a good relationship now. The way I look at my past abusive relationships is you gotta go through hell barefootnto get to heaven.
Shiloh
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I was just in here removing all the Tapatalk references when I noticed this thread.

You're right, Hippiewitch, I need to change the title of the forum. Using the word "lifestyle" is basically a nod to conservative ways of thinking about gays. Thanks for pointing that out.

Return to “LGBT Chat and Concerns”