Black figure following my father

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Witchy333

Black figure following my father

Post by Witchy333 »

My father asked me to post this on this forum.

There has been a black figure (spirit) following my father since the age of six. He's not scared of it and it's not harming him, but me and him wonders what it is and why. Any ideas? And how should I go about finding out? I don't work with spirits so I don't know much about them.
Spirit does not have to be touched
Spirit does not have to be seen
Spirit does not have to be heard
Spirit simply is ......
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Re: Black figure following my father

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

It could be a past relative, an old blood line, curious about him...
A passed family member may have asked "it" to watch over him.... Your dad just doesn't know .. Or understand he's being protected, or cared for beyond the veil...
M~ Dragons
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

MOTHERofDRAGONS wrote:It could be a past relative, an old blood line, curious about him...
A passed family member may have asked "it" to watch over him....
Agreed. Could be due to any of a number of reasons. Everything is case-by-case with this stuff, everyone's situation is different. All dark spirits aren't evil, yet they're not all of good will, either. It all depends. How your father proceeds depends on his getting further information about this spirit. Some suggestions...

ASK THE ENTITY

Communicating with it directly is my first suggestion. Since this has been happening since he was six, no doubt he’s tried talking to the spirit directly. If so, what was the result? Just wondering. It most likely would respond through direct thought, telepathically communicated to dad's mind. In other words, the first name dad "hears" clairaudiently after he asked the question, "What is your name?" would most likely be the spirit answering him. A visual image of a certain location your dad "sees" clairvoyantly might be where the spirit is from, or a location to which the spirit is somehow connected, and so on. The entity may answer through any of the various "clairs" we all have.

"Regular people" can communicate with spirit beings just as well as any "professional" psychic or medium could ...in some instances, even better. I've met fantastic natural psychics and mediums who have never (officially) conducted readings for anyone.

If your dad manages to communicate with it, perhaps he could ascertain why it’s around him. And if he’d like it to leave, he might be able to thank it for its loyalty and diligence through the years, then dismiss it. But, I don't know. All this depends on the scenario, of course, and I don't have enough information on this to advise further as to what to do next. That's why it would help to know what the entity has "said" or "shown" your father in the past, if anything.

CONSULT WITH A MEDIUM

Another option would be to use a middle man, a “medium,” to get info about this entity. A word-of-mouth recommendation for a reputable medium in his area is the place to start, then look up the recommended person online. Thanks to the internet, you could look up websites and get a visual on someone before contacting him or her. Compatibility really helps in readings. If you don't feel comfortable with someone, he or she could still do the reading if they're good, but there will be that awkwardness. Better to go with someone he feels good about.

It might be interesting (if he has the budget for it) to get second or third opinions from different mediums, then compare. Whatever he does, advise him not to "feed the psychic," as they say, during any reading session. Answer questions when the medium needs to ask them to get clarification, but don't volunteer details. People think they are “helping” a medium or psychic when they volunteer information. All they’re doing is “clouding” the reading, creating biases in the medium’s mind. I

also suggest he refrain from saying things like, "Well, the other medium said..." during any of the readings, as well. It's like playing Mommy against Daddy, or something. It doesn’t matter what the other medium said (or what a Ouija board said, or what the entity itself said, etc.). He would do well to let which ever medium he's in front of perceive things on his or her own merit, and save comparisons for his private discussions at home with family members.

USE A OUIJA BOARD

My recent posts were warnings against using Ouija boards frivolously. However, an instance like this is not frivolous, and it would be understandable why one would want to use one. In this instance, dad is trying to get answers to serious questions, not impress friends like Mr. Wannabe Harry Potter was, lol. You or he could purchase one, or make your own.

Ouija boards are good to have if you know you’ll want to use it again at some future date. Be sure to do all recommended precautions and “spiritual hygiene.” Here's an interesting thread from this message board with many different experiences and suggestions: All About Ouija Boards. Protect yourself, close out properly, and don’t do it very often, or I believe one could accidentally open a portal one can’t close. The spirits will think you’ve opened your home to being an “information highway” like the internet, a “Holiday Inn Express for Ghosts.” You don’t want that. You want your dwelling to be your peaceful sanctum when you come home at the end of the day. Your home is YOUR personal space, not theirs.

I, personally, would never use a ouija board within the premises of my home, though I'd do it in a space designated for such purposes, like a metaphysical store, or something. Really, if one has mediumship ability already, using a ouija board is overkill. The medium himself or herself IS a "portal," of sorts. People who regularly see and/or sense spirits know this. They are organic, walking, talking "ouija boards," hahaha.

Hope he gets answers to this. Feel free to post more questions (or PM me) if you or he want clarifications on anything I’ve written. Please post a follow up if you feel like it, and let us know how it turns out.

Witchy333

Post by Witchy333 »

My father contacted it today and yesterday, but it never answered him.

I also have more information: it is a man's figure and that when he was around the age of 16, he was in a shed while there was extreme wind blowing. He then heard a man's voice say "Get out, now!" and he just jumped out of the shed. And then the shed blew over. He said that if it never told him to get out, he would have died (since there was loads of heavy, metal items behind and in front of him that would have squashed him to death).
Spirit simply is ......
Witchy333

Post by Witchy333 »

Ok, so today, he tried contacting it and he felt an extremely psychic wall blocking him from finding answers. He said that the more he tried to destroy the wall, the more powerful it got. He can only feel the psychic wall and not see it. He said that trying to break the wall actually gave him physical pain. He also added that he thinks that it is not meant to be broken or why would it have such a power shield; that whatever is behind it must be so powerful and possibly negative.
Spirit simply is ......
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Try making an offering and see how it responds.
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Celtic Raven

Post by Celtic Raven »

Why assume you would be able to contact it, and because you couldn't that it might be negative? It takes time, years not weeks, to develop proper contact and to raise your own vibration enough to make contact. Contact may not happen at all if the person is not ready to be contacted or is frightened of it. Your dads experience with the shed sounds like it was a spirit guide/loved one who's passed warning him to keep him safe. I've lived for years seeing spirit, worked as a medium for years, and in over 30 years could count on my fingers the number of negative energies I've encountered - not necessarily evil. I've encountered only one negative entity.

Your dad may just be aware of spirits round him without understanding what they are, this does not sound like an entity. I would recommend visiting a decent medium, one who is recommended through a spiritualist church, to get a reading. It's usually a loved one who's passed or a spirit guide who's there. The fear is almost always unwarranted :)
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Witchy333, first of all thank you for keeping us posted on your father's trials, and I applaud his open-mindedness and courage by trying to communicate with the entity. Yay Dad! smiley_dance How many dads would do that? He shouldn't feel bad that he was unable to get a good read on this himself. People can seldom do good readings for themselves. I liken it to a surgeon trying to operate on himself. Even the top psychics in the business consult other psychics when it comes to their personal matters. So, I guess I'm going to have to agree with Celtic Wiccan's suggestion the most. I'd say some assistance from a very good medium is warranted at this time. What do you think, Witchy333? Would a reading be feasible for him, economically and otherwise?

It seems MotherofDragon's first suggestion may be somewhat close to what's happening, but the truth still remains to be ascertained. And Dark Moon's suggestion to ritualize with some kind of gesture, some kind of personal action that may facilitate communication between them is great for someone who is accustomed to getting information or effecting change through ritual, already, someone kind of advanced. But in your father's situation, that approach might be good only after his getting further information first. And this might be a question he might ask the medium after his reading.

I say after the reading because that's the best time to bombard the reader with any questions. You have enough initial info to go on with what you've told us here to initiate a good reading, simply that your father has sensed an entity "with" him since 6 years of age, wants to know who/what it is, and would like to know what a good way to communicate with it might be, if possible (it might not necessarily want to communicate with anyone). Anything else, I would leave out initially, like the shed experience, and other such details. Again, you want a clean read; less is more. A good medium will pick up all those kinds of details and more, if they actually relate to this situation.

So, just let the medium start rolling with it, right out of the gate, and ask questions when the medium signals that he or she is ready for questions. Keep us posted, if you will. This is intriguing.

-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Sage advice Kassandra.

I too wonder how this will turn out - I find these cases fascinating. Since age 6 is a long time isn't it ? It obviously hasn't been malevolent thus far? Wonder what is precipitating the confrontation now?
Witchy333

Post by Witchy333 »

Thanks everyone. I'm still deciding on a medium or not. I will keep you posted, though, on everything.

And more information: it can't be a loved one since no one close to him has died since he was born and he never knew his grandparents as they died before his birth.
Spirit simply is ......
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Could technically still be an ancestor but I'm going with a Chthonic entity.

I'm wondering where exactly your dad tends to see/feel it most ? Does it have any human qualities ? Ie wear a hood or hat?

When does he see it?

Blessings
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

-Dark-Moon- wrote:Could technically still be an ancestor
Agreed. I know a relative of mine very well today, and she died 30 or so years before I was born. She looks out for me. Other mediums have seen her, and described her in detail. We make contracts with one another during what I've heard called, "the life between lives." Each relationship is different, complex. It seems some souls in our soul groups choose to stay on the other side (or maybe it's an aspect of them still on the other side, while other aspects of them choose to move on and incarnate again). The ones still in spirit sometimes serve as our "spirit guides" while we're incarnate, and vice versa, sometimes we do the same for them while they're incarnated and we're not.

On another note, Witchy333 and her father have agreed to open this question up to the "Free Readings for Members" forum, so everyone could take a stab at doing an actual reading on this issue. This should be interesting! Please join in, whether you're a veteran reader, or someone just starting out. There is no wrong answer --what you "get" is what you get. Readings are always subjective. So this is a good chance to practice. If you are new to this, and still nervous about posting your feedback, PM your reading to Witchy333 instead. But it would be helpful if those with more experience to post publically, if they would be so inclined.

The link is here: READING REQUEST: Black figure following my father. Thanks all!

Witchy333

Post by Witchy333 »

-Dark-Moon- wrote:Could technically still be an ancestor but I'm going with a Chthonic entity.

I'm wondering where exactly your dad tends to see/feel it most ? Does it have any human qualities ? Ie wear a hood or hat?

When does he see it?

Blessings
I just asked my father and he said that he sees and feels it at any time and place. There are no other human qualities apart from the outline.
Spirit simply is ......

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”