Rituals for Deceased Loved Ones

Share thoughts, poetry, feelings about the loss of a loved one (pets included).
MoonFlowerMary

Rituals for Deceased Loved Ones

Post by MoonFlowerMary »

Hello everyone,
Let me just start off by saying that my grandmother just died :cry: . I can't go to her funeral, since it's being held in another country but my mother is going and I was wondering if I could give her something for my grandma's grave but I don't know what to give her. Although I was never really close to my grandmother, I still felt sad when I heard that she passed on. And so I was wondering if I could do a small ritual for her. Can anyone help me? Please?
Remember the stars that filled the sky
Remember the moon that shined so high
Remember the tree that was so small
Remember me,
Remember it all
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A Ritual For A Loved One

Post by Xiao Rong »

http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/a ... riends.htm

This is one that I created to honor someone's passing ... maybe it'll help you too or give you ideas? And my condolences to your grandmother - I hope you're okay.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi folks. I copied and pasted this thread from the Spells forum. As usual, Xiao Rong was "Johnny on the spot" with suggesting a wonderful, simple, yet helpful ritual to help someone (we so appreciate all her thoughtful contributions to this board). I like how she works it into the Samhain sabbat, which has to do with our ancestors and other loved ones on the other side.

I'll try to copy other ritual suggestions that I run across which I think might be cathartic for someone struggling to cope with recent death (or not-so-recent, but with which they nevertheless are still struggling, emotionally). Also, I wanted to invite any of you that may have any similar death rituals, spells, or other energy work suggestions that might help people cope with their grief...to post them here, too. Thanks.

Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kassandra! I am glad that the ritual I wrote is going to good use.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~

Return to “In Memory Of...”