Stupid, Arrogant Teacher

Talk about anything you want to here.
Faerie_witch

Stupid, Arrogant Teacher

Post by Faerie_witch »

Hello everyone! So I saw the "Member's Rants and Ramblings" topic and I just knew I would love this page, and could contribute to it! So, here is my rant about other people's ignorance and arrogance:

So, about three months ago in school, we were learning about freedom and people's rights in government class. One day, we came to the section about religious freedom.

Before I go any further, I need to tell you about my teacher. He is a very wealthy 60-something republican. He tries to come off as non-biased but he always puts his opinion into everything, even after he is done with class -sometimes he will interrupt some kids' conversation to put in his own opinions. Also, he is known for his craziness, such as: hissing at people, laughing like a TV 'witch', randomly speaking German to the class, going off on tangents about the price of oil or his love for guns. Now imagine this man teaching government class. Pretty picture, isn't it?

Now back to my rant. Religious freedom. What can be bad about his thoughts on this? Well, he brings up the stipulation of when practicing one's own religion is impeaching on someone else's rights. This is where my irritation started. He says," Well, take if you have a Pagan and Druids doing human sacrificing? That certainly engrosses that sacrificial person's rights! What do Wiccans do, anyways? They worship trees!" So he starts acting like he is actually bowing down to a tree in front of him and goes on more about Wiccans killing people as gifts to gods and trees. :x
I have a friend in my class who doesn't know I practice my own type of witchcraft, but she knows I'm knowledgeable about many religions -especially Wicca and Paganism- and that I do not appreciate ignorance, nor arrogance on this topic. The entire time he was going on, she was sending me "This guy is CARAAAAZY" look. I put my head on my desk, took deep breaths, and kept my mouth shut (I'm usually quiet except when answering questions). It was really hard not to say anything when he asked, "There aren't any Wiccans in here, are there?" The rest of the chapter we got to see him worship an imaginary tree everyday. :-|

End Rant

Any thoughts of your own, or stories of your own?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ignorance

Post by Firebird »

What the (expletive!) This teacher should be reported..Immediately, just because someone is a teacher, doesn't mean they are stable and this looks like a perfect example. I would make an appointment with the principal and bring your friend, a parent and anyone else who is outraged at his behavior, possibly a lawyer.
Young minds are there to learn, and that can't happen if you feel abused in your class. Please speak up.
Best wishes, and blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

I totally agree with Firebird. See it wouldn't matter if he was talking about a Christian or a Jew, that type of dumbass, childish behavior is unacceptable. Unacceptable I guarantee you that you aren't the only one who felt that way. Speak up. It is your right to do so.
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
North Star

Post by North Star »

I would report him... maybe even look into contacting the Witches League for Public Awareness if no one listens. This is the kind of stuff they fight for.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Yeah, this reminds me of a conversation I had with my older brother last time I visited home. I don't remember what we were talking about, but he mentions a past classmate of his, and how she was Wiccan. He says, "Yeah, this girl LITERALLY BELIEVED she was a WITCH," and waited for everyone to laugh at the punchline. I think I may have chuckled weakly and changed the subject. A very minor example, but it's one of those things where it's like, "Yeah ... maybe it's betternot to say anything about what I believe yet."
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Regardless if you tell him you religious orientation or not, he is using tactics that should be considered demeaning and very prejudicial, and I think this may be against the law...is intimidation legal in a classroom setting? You would think at the very least it's against faculty rules.
Let us know who you gather to make your case...
here is a great resource: Lady Liberty League
https://www.circlesanctuary.org/index.p ... eague.html

many blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Faerie_witch

Post by Faerie_witch »

I'll look into it and try to find others in my class that feel the same way. I'll keep you updated if anything happens. If he has tenure, I'm not sure what we can do about it, but I don't think he has it anyway. I'll get started!

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”