Mint

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Mint

Post by JBRaven »

Does anyone know what type of spells a person should use mint or mint sub species in? I can not find any. THANKS
anythingbutnormal

Post by anythingbutnormal »

I use mint as an aromatherapy, whenever I am feeling down or I have a cold or such. Makes a great tea, that will also help one get to sleep. I'll look in my books to see if I can find any spells for you :)
Marie*

Post by Marie* »

I don't know what you would use mint for either other then aromatherapy. That's all I use it for.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Maybe a meditation aid?
Nature Dude

Post by Nature Dude »

I've been successful using mint species for healing, esp. respiratory illnesses. Catnip can also be used for a sleep aid, and I ran across a site claiming it's 10X better than DEET when used as a mosquito repellent. I don't know if that is true, but I'm going to extract some essential oils and test it at a local park as soon as possible. So if y'all will quit your snow spells up here, I can let you know how well it works!! :D Blessed Be!

Rick
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

What do you agienst the snow. Fedex it to Texas if you want
Frank N Sense

Post by Frank N Sense »

Lol how about we just fedex you to any one of the 40foot snowbanks around here? I've got a 20 I can put in the pot to cover shipping costs...anyone else wanna get in on this. Help teach the snow happy JB what it's like? Nature Dude, SilverFox, anyone?
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Hey I know what it is like...........duh. And I still Love it. I rock you don't. :)
thasme

Bk to subject...Mint..

Post by thasme »

Hey guess what lol. I found something on Mint....

says it's used for,promotes energy, vitality, communication,, and draws customers to a business..

Still looking for a spell tho. but thought this might help...Rena
KNOW it NOW and you have WON...
anythingbutnormal

Re: Bk to subject...Mint..

thasme wrote:Hey guess what lol. I found something on Mint....

says it's used for,promotes energy, vitality, communication,, and draws customers to a business..

Still looking for a spell tho. but thought this might help...Rena
I've been successful using mint species for healing, esp. respiratory illnesses. Catnip can also be used for a sleep aid, and I ran across a site claiming it's 10X better than DEET when used as a mosquito repellent. I don't know if that is true, but I'm going to extract some essential oils and test it at a local park as soon as possible. So if y'all will quit your snow spells up here, I can let you know how well it works!! Blessed Be!

Rick
you all know Everything! i am feeling stupid right now...
Nature Dude

Post by Nature Dude »

Howdy All!

Anything, don't feel stupid because you don't know something. Honestly, you probably know a ton more about your studies right now than I do. Why? Cuz I've never studied it. As it is, the bug repellent thing I just ran across a couple of days ago...

Speaking of learning new stuff, see the subtle segue here? :D Here is a place where you can find out where the nearest alternative medicine school is to you. Simply look up by which state you're in, and what type of therapy you're interested in! I'll post this over in Healing, too.

http://www.naturalhealers.com/

Blessed Be!

Rick
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Thanks so much for the help, I really needed it. This is why I love you guys
anythingbutnormal

Nature Dude wrote:I've been successful using mint species for healing, esp. respiratory illnesses. Catnip can also be used for a sleep aid, and I ran across a site claiming it's 10X better than DEET when used as a mosquito repellent. I don't know if that is true, but I'm going to extract some essential oils and test it at a local park as soon as possible. So if y'all will quit your snow spells up here, I can let you know how well it works!! :D Blessed Be!

Rick
Ok, Nature dude, do NOT use catnip as a mosquito repellent. That stuff is addictive to cats. don't go outside with catnip all over your body. just do NOT. a cat will smell it, tell all his/her cat friends, and they will come running and try to eat you. just do NOT do that. NO.

this brought to you by the department to keep crazy people safe
Nature Dude

Post by Nature Dude »

But.... But... we have mountain lions, and they're really cute when they're young... they wouldn't Hurt me, would they? Cuz I'm cute too? (okay, maybe not, but...) Like doesn't eat like, right? :lol:

I'll make some in the safety of my own home, and see how the two kitties here react. If the one chews on me more than normal (like draws blood more than once a day) then Yeah, I will prolly stop testing... :D

Thanks for the advice!

Blessed Be!

Rick

ps Remember I AM a guy so I'm supposed to do thick-headed stuff like that every Once in a while... or they'll take my Y chromosome away... :(
fauna9

Post by fauna9 »

Hey Nature Dude - you said earlier that you are going to extract some essential oils - do you do that at home, do you have like your own Mr. Wizard essence extractor kit? or is it some process I could do? I love oil, but essentials are soo expensive.
Fauna9

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”