Ethics of Divination and Seership

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ethics of Divination and Seership

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hi Rothko, good question ... I personally think that the future is not fixed, so it would be really difficult for me to tell an unexpected tragedy in their future (only patterns as they are currently unfolding); that's why I've never really had to consider that question.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
lilacnyellow

Post by lilacnyellow »

I seem to see the things people want hidden. Like their opinions about an issue. I keep things to myself if not relating to the specific issue. I'd not tell someone of a cheating spouse if they are asking for information about money. No matter what I pick up on. If I thought someone was in danger then yes I'd warn them in a gentle way. People are trusting us with their inner selves so I use tack and respect.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Be careful of client-reader privilege. If some other government agency asks for information, and you refuse outright, you may be held criminally liable depending upon the type of information . The thing to do is fight this sharp force with elasticity. You can not be forced by an agent of the government to commit criminal acts. Just agree to give any aid needed after you have checked with your lawyer. Go to legal aid if you need to.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

Divination influences the affairs of others just as does spell casting and whomever employs magic in whatever form when interfacing with another assumes a degree of responsibility. "An ye harm none" is a difficult thing to foresee into the distant future. We should use great care and deep forethought when casting magick. Frivolous use of power may have far reaching consequences.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I heard from someone who worked with Bush Sr., that he wasn't good at listening. If he didn't like what someone was telling him, he ignored it. Probably not the smartest way to do things.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

SnowCat wrote:I heard from someone who worked with Bush Sr., that he wasn't good at listening. If he didn't like what someone was telling him, he ignored it. Probably not the smartest way to do things.

Snow
We are all probably guilty of turning off from a conversation once we have figured out what is going to be said or if in light of superior understanding realize information imparted is untruthful or flawed.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)

Return to “General Divination”