Unexpected Spirit Walk

DPhoenix

Unexpected Spirit Walk

Post by DPhoenix »

Now I don't usually try to go on spirit walks. The traditional methods preparing for one include fasting (which isn't good for some of the health issues I have) and using conscious altering substances (I'm a recovered addict so this isn't a good idea either). But every now and then I unexpectedly enter the spirit world.

(this next part may get a little gross, continue reading at your own peril!)
So today I started my menstrual cycle and as I normally do, I brought my "first blood" outside to offer to Morrigan. So as I began to walk into the woods toward my sacred circle I suddenly felt myself stepping into the spirit world. It didn't last long, the mosquitos brought me back to reality.

As I set the offering in the sacred circle and communed with my favorite tree, a wren jumped down from the trees a few yards away. So I followed it. It lead me out of the woods and as I came out I happened upon a small jaw bone and 2 leg bones that I most definitely did not see when I entered the woods. It was a gift.

The pieces are in excellent condition and I'm excited to use them in some talismans I've been wanting to make. I just need to do some research and identify what the animal was so I can properly cleanse them and thank their spirit. It will also help me to determine what exactly to make that would honor their death.
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
-Dark-Moon-

Re: Unexpected Spirit Walk

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Hehe the mosquitoes got their blood too eh
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

-Dark-Moon- wrote:Hehe the mosquitoes got their blood too eh
BIG TIME! I think the mosquito should be the Maine state bird! :wink2:
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

DPhoenix wrote:a wren jumped down from the trees a few yards away. So I followed it. It lead me out of the woods and as I came out I happened upon a small jaw bone and 2 leg bones that I most definitely did not see when I entered the woods. It was a gift.
Isn't that amazing?! I love it when animals take you on journeys.
I rather miss my moon, I found profound ways of going deeper during that time, and short quests were a way to do that.
So cool the gift you discovered!
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

firebirdflys wrote:
DPhoenix wrote:a wren jumped down from the trees a few yards away. So I followed it. It lead me out of the woods and as I came out I happened upon a small jaw bone and 2 leg bones that I most definitely did not see when I entered the woods. It was a gift.
Isn't that amazing?! I love it when animals take you on journeys.
I rather miss my moon, I found profound ways of going deeper during that time, and short quests were a way to do that.
So cool the gift you discovered!
Blessings, Firebird
Thank you!

My memory kind of sucks and I meant to post this as well but something happened right before I found the bones. As I was about a yard away from getting out of the woods and onto the backyard lawn, I swear on my life I saw something scurry right across me so close to my feet. Now I've seen mice, had them as pets... if it was a mouse I would have noticed and identified it. This was different, small and brown like a mouse but it was semi transparent.

This had me thinking about a website I came across yesterday.

Now when I was a little kid I believed in the fae... then somewhere along the way I stopped believing in them and started thinking that people were mistaking them for other entities. I think it started when I learned about the Cottingley Fairies and how the pictures were debunked. However... after finding this website: http://www.moonsmuses.com/fae.html I don't know what to think anymore. The pictures were very compelling for me though I suppose they could easily be photoshopped.

So I'm not sure if what I saw in the woods was a mouse spirit or if it was a knome saying, "Hey there! Guess what! Joke's on you cause we're real!"

Oh and by the way, I live in Central Maine... where those pics were taken! :shock:
I think I'm beginning to truly believe in them again and not as just being a case of mistaken identity for another entity.
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Those are the sightings you wish your camera was at the ready!
We have a hill that the faeries want you to miss, they have led more than one hiker to go right past the turn, in attempt to get you on their own hill . It never ceases to amaze me how well they can confound us.
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

firebirdflys wrote:Those are the sightings you wish your camera was at the ready!
We have a hill that the faeries want you to miss, they have led more than one hiker to go right past the turn, in attempt to get you on their own hill . It never ceases to amaze me how well they can confound us.
BB, Firebird
I remember as a kid reading a book about the 'little folk' and one of the things it said to do is put your clothes on backwards. It will confuse them and they'll leave you alone. Then there's the throwing rice and they have to count them before they do anything else and all sorts of strange folklore...
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire

Return to “Shamanism”