Any tips on lucid dreaming?

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

Re: Any tips on lucid dreaming?

Post by EtherealMoonRose »

I used to have lucid dreams by accident (at the time I didn't even know what lucid dreaming was and thought everyone experienced it). I could control what I was doing in my dreams and tell myself to wake up. Lately I can't even fall asleep! I seem to have a bout of insomnia which I haven't had for years. I sleep with malachite, amethyst and lepidolite under my pillow but they don't seem to be helping. I've gone from being able to have lucid dreams to not being able to have them when trying :-(
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night"
Jade Rose

Post by Jade Rose »

EtherealMoonRose wrote:I used to have lucid dreams by accident (at the time I didn't even know what lucid dreaming was and thought everyone experienced it). I could control what I was doing in my dreams and tell myself to wake up. Lately I can't even fall asleep! I seem to have a bout of insomnia which I haven't had for years. I sleep with malachite, amethyst and lepidolite under my pillow but they don't seem to be helping. I've gone from being able to have lucid dreams to not being able to have them when trying :-(

Ah, I'm so glad I found this thread, it's so relevant lately. Synchronicity haha. :)

EtherealMoonRose; have you tried moonstone? I really found it to be helpful, the first time I wore it I honestly had no intention of lucid dreaming (although I sometimes do lucid dream on/off intentionally or not) but anyways ever since I wore it to bed I've had lucid dreams for three nights straight. I figured adding amethyst would help but I felt it didn't so I stopped that and went to just moonstone.
Definitely not saying amethyst wouldn't work but from my experience I prefer moonstone just because it worked better for me for that purpose. Try it sometime if you can. :)
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

Thanks for the suggestion Jade. Nope I haven't tried moonstone but it's definitely worth a try. I have two small pieces of moonstone that I'll go pop outside to charge before I go to bed. Fingers crossed :-)
Jade Rose

Post by Jade Rose »

EtherealMoonRose wrote:Thanks for the suggestion Jade. Nope I haven't tried moonstone but it's definitely worth a try. I have two small pieces of moonstone that I'll go pop outside to charge before I go to bed. Fingers crossed :-)
Ooh! I'm excited to know what would happen. Let me know how it goes. :3
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

Jade Rose wrote:
EtherealMoonRose wrote:Thanks for the suggestion Jade. Nope I haven't tried moonstone but it's definitely worth a try. I have two small pieces of moonstone that I'll go pop outside to charge before I go to bed. Fingers crossed :-)
Ooh! I'm excited to know what would happen. Let me know how it goes. :3
I haven't had much luck sleep-wise in the past few days. Lots of broken sleep, ugh! Althought last nights dream was pretty vivid, the parts I can remember anyway. I'll let you know if anything good happens :)
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Try moving all the stones away at night. Then a week from now move one in. The next week a diff one. Don't combine too many.
Jade Rose

Post by Jade Rose »

I totally agree with mrsdavid1975, like I said I found my amethyst to somewhat counteract my moonstone.

I've a question EtherealMoonRose, have you tried drinking relaxing teas to put you to sleep better? Chamomile is something I drink when I need a good sleep. :)
Hmm, as far as lucid dream inducing teas, I heard mugwort? (Personally I haven't tried it so I don't know how it tastes, oops haha)
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

Great advice ladies.

I'm sure my husbands snoring has something to do with me not sleeping. I've considered smothering him a few times :lol: (j/k lol) haven't tried tea as I'm not much of a tea drinker. I seem to be reading about mugwort everywhere lately. Might have to look into it :)
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Well. I do this exercise....

I always start by picturing something red that is NOT supposed to be red. .. Something like a grasshopper. The grasshopper hops across ( something orange that isn't supposed to be orange) grass. ... I look across an orange field at yellow trees. I focus closer and see a green owl. The green owl flies off and lands in the top of a blue barn. In the blue barn is a purple tractor. .. And in a stall is an indigo horse. You repeat the colors in that order ... The indigo horse eats red hay. Etc etc. before you know it you are so deep. But in control of visions and places.

I've shared this here somewhere before but this is my trick I've always used .
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

mrsdavid1975 wrote:Well. I do this exercise....

I always start by picturing something red that is NOT supposed to be red. .. Something like a grasshopper. The grasshopper hops across ( something orange that isn't supposed to be orange) grass. ... I look across an orange field at yellow trees. I focus closer and see a green owl. The green owl flies off and lands in the top of a blue barn. In the blue barn is a purple tractor. .. And in a stall is an indigo horse. You repeat the colors in that order ... The indigo horse eats red hay. Etc etc. before you know it you are so deep. But in control of visions and places.

I've shared this here somewhere before but this is my trick I've always used .
I tried this last night but my mind wanders wayyy too much. Ugh.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Haha. That's ok. It takes practice. I have many more exercises I use. I'll share them later.
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

Sounds good :)
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

I absolutely forgot about this. Hah. I'm sorry. That is my weakness in life. My memory.

This sounds silly but have you tried the guided meditation apps? I used to use one that was some sort of sleep hypnosis thing. This British lady walks you down a path etc etc. it's soothing and you don't have to think. It is good for when you mind is full and you can't possibly turn it al off. You need an outside source to numb your thoughts and let you go into autopilot. Do that a few nights and see if it helps you focus.

Get all those electronics out of your bedroom too. Energy is energy. You pick up EVERYTHING.
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

I actually started doing guided meditations a couple of weeks ago and I really enjoy them. I use the ones on youtube though. I'll have to see if there are any apps for my phone :)

Still no success with lucid dreaming though. Ha. I'm notorious for going to sleep whilst playing on my phone. I really do need to break that habit!
Wandering Warlock

Post by Wandering Warlock »

A few nights ago I experienced my first lucid dream. It happened by accident. Something happened in the dream which was deeply terrifying, and I believe the intense fear was what "awakened" me within the dream. While dreaming, I said to myself, "This must be a dream," at which point I was aware of the possibility that I really was dreaming. Though, it was so vivid and realistic that I wasn't completely sure I was dreaming. I considered the possibility that I was sleepwalking, because I was dreaming of being in my home and it felt like I was awake. I even went to the place where I was sleeping while dreaming, and tried to look at myself, but my body was not present and that's when I tried to wake myself up by shaking my head rapidly back and forth. I had a great deal of difficulty waking myself up, and for a moment I was actually quite afraid of not being able to awaken.

Since this experience, all my dreams have been much more vivid and realistic, though none of them have been lucid. Nor have any of them been in my home; the environments have all been elsewhere.

I've done some reading about lucid dreaming since this event, and found that some research has been done concerning brainwave frequency and its relation to brain entrainment. Turns out devices have been developed to assist in lucid dreaming, and according to what I've read they are considerably successful.

At any rate, having this experience has led me to further question the nature of reality.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”