Spells for blessing an art studio?

Moderator: Kassandra

Kassandra

Re: Spells for blessing an art studio?

Post by Kassandra »

@DPhoenix, thanks for the recommendation of books by the author, Sark. Those titles look like they really zero in on helping us to keep going creatively. Nice.
wisehedgewitch wrote:the disaster of "success" as an artist.
Great choice of words. hehe

Yeah, I shudder to think about those 3am days. It was grueling, I lost 2 dress sizes. But it got the job done, though, when necessary. And the stories get crazier than that --like the all-nighters we pulled in the ceramics lab-- but I'll leave it there.

Glad you found spiritual community in the UK, and firebird, nice link to more folks. EBay totally cuts out the middle man! If you haven't seen them already, check out Etsy and DeviantArt two other virtual gallery spaces with lots of foot traffic.

Good luck with everything! Sorry we were kind of slim on the spells and blessings for the studio, but know that you have an online community here that cares. :wink:

wisehedgewitch

Post by wisehedgewitch »

Thanks for the link. I managed to get a day to myself to day and so far I've ripped up 2 paintings. Not a good start. I'm going to read the posts again....I need all the help I can get. Oh...and I've worked in galleries, exhibited all over the place. I was a professional artist for decades. I've had a 5 year break. Now it seems I'm back to square one with my abilities. I don't know what the hell has happened. I guess that goes to prove....if you don't use it...you'll lose it. I read a quote this morning that says "Life is short. Do what you love...no excuses!" Hang in there everyone. XXX
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Good wishes towards keeping the brush to canvas loveface
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
wisehedgewitch

Post by wisehedgewitch »

Sorry its taken me so long to get back again. I read posts on my phone and tablet but replying to them isn't as easy as on the computer and I don't get computer time very often. This site isn't android friendly unfortunately.

I think painting is such an emotion thing. Its so hard to put a finger on what is wrong when painters have a block of some kind, whether is self induced or from others that's comments aren't so well thought out. I think that its about 5 years since I've painted full time professionally.

My answer.....? To ask Gaia (who I always turn to) for confidence in myself again. I asked within my circle, for creative strength that I can once again express her beauty like I used to. My paintings were quite often of rainforests and animals and the peaceful loving place I wanted it to be. I started out small on Saturday with a project I've been working on and off with over the past 2 years when I could manage time, so I was in my comfort zone to start with but......knowing I can turn to Gaia or Brigid and ask for help is a very strengthening thing.

It's great to get into your creative space...whether you have the right words to utter and the right herbs to mix, it doesn't matter. I think that the god & goddess wouldn't be that petty as to ignore a heartfelt plea because the words were wrong. If your intentions are right and you have a non-selfish goal in mind then that's all that matters. Light the candles and sprinkle the blessed salty water and just ask. It worked for me. Even if the spell didn't work in practical terms....that inner voice is the one that has to hear.

The jungle painting is the one I'm working on now...the one that I can get lost in and forget that I'm having problems with my "acceptable" selling art. I'm paying homage to Gaia's diminishing rainforests in the hope that someone that makes a living from logging or smuggling will stop and realise how wrong it is. I keep hoping anyway.

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Holy Moly Girl! :surprisedwitch: those are fantastic! Glad to hear the Lady has been speaking to you, good words to I see! The forest is a powerful message...it reminded me of the movie the Emerald Forest, If you have never seen it I highly recommend it. It's hard to watch tough ...the raping of the earth, but the rest of the movie is pretty magical and deals in shamanism.
Your doing great, keep up the good work :fairy:

BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Wooooowwww!!!

I'm really liking this thread. It's becoming a very special virtual gallery visit. lol What vivid works, what detail. I could never paint flora that detailed, don't have the patience. haha Then again, now that I think about it, I've spent countless hours working on one pair of eyeballs, etc. So, I know time goes by like minutes instead of hours.

Saweet! Hey, don't worry about not getting back with us right away. We see you're quite busy whenever you're gone, so you just do yo' thang.

Thanks for sharing! (anybody else want to share their recent creative works? I'm lovin' this. Post away!)

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Tawk amongst ya'selves....http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 24861.html
(you might take D up on the offer, maybe later?)

Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Wow, these paintings are gorgeous ... I especially love the second one you posted just now!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

Boy a lot sure has happened while I've been gone.

Well, you seem to be getting along just fine, all the artwork you've posted is absolutely stunning--but I figured I'd throw my two cents in anyway.

Everyone else has been focusing on the inspiration and the painting itself, which is good because I get stuck there all the time and probably wouldn't be able to offer advice on that... but I can say a few things about making the area a place you want to work.

Anywhere I have to spend a lot of time, I like to buy one of those $20 electric water kettles from Target or wherever, and keep a stash of my thrift store mugs so I can always cozy up with a mug of tea. It's the best thing, especially if it's cold out (or cold inside!), and it'll warm you up all the way through and I can't say enough good things about it. Plus just knowing that my kettle is there and I could make tea if I wanted makes it feel more like home, and when I run the kettle it makes that little steaming noise and then the click at the end and having a little noise like that makes me feel less alone.

You might also want to do a physical and spiritual sweeping--if you've made or bought a besom you could use that, but for something like this I should think any broom would work, especially if you want to actually sweep. I find a place always looks AND feels better after a good sweeping or vaccuuming, especially if I sing while I work. You might also want to smudge if you're not sensitive to burning herbs--smudge sticks can be a really good deal and they last a good long time and they do (in my experience) make a place feel better (and smell nice!).

I'm glad turning to Gaia seems to have really worked out well for you. I know I haven't said much beyond real standard space-cleansing advice, but I hope it helps you (or anyone) in some small way. I'd love to see more of your work!
:fairy:
Blessed be.

Return to “Kassandra's Metaphysical Basics”