Ley Lines

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Jonjonsalinas_

Ley Lines

Post by Jonjonsalinas_ »

Hi all! I've had this question on my mind for awhile now and figured it would be a great add to the new forum! I've read a bit about ley lines and all but I have yet to find a way to reveal them. I realize they are hidden to the naked eye, but I know there are also ways to reveal them. Although there might not be any near me, possibly I could find a local power sink? I'm not sure. I haven't found much good reading on it however I am extremely interested in using these lines to connect to the goddess. Any info would be great! Blessed be )O(
Bright blessings,
Jonathon
DPhoenix

Re: Ley Lines

Post by DPhoenix »

Ooooh good topic!

For those who don't know what ley lines are, in a nutshell they're invisible 'power lines' that source energy runs through. It's believed that our ancestors (such as the Incas, Aztecs, Egyptians etc) discovered these 'power lines' and put monoliths or structures where they intersected (such as the aztec temples, pyramids etc). Some believe that ley lines are actually magnetic fields and strange events (like UFO's) are often reported near these locations.

Many witches believe that it's possible to tap into these 'power lines' to increase their magickal abilities. As far as finding a ley line? How good are your dowsing skills? :wink2:
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
Jonjonsalinas_

Ley Lines

Post by Jonjonsalinas_ »

I'm mediocre. I could be better and practice more but I just haven't found the time nor 'subject' to dowse for. But I am very good with a pendulum.
Bright blessings,
Jonathon
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

Jonjonsalinas_ wrote:I'm mediocre. I could be better and practice more but I just haven't found the time nor 'subject' to dowse for. But I am very good with a pendulum.
There you go!
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

Dowsing is always a good practice when trying to find ley lines. I did however do some research on them and found the following. I hope this helps you! Blessed Be!

Like water lines, a vertical field extends up from the ley line through homes and buildings. The nature of this field is yang or energetic. A person who sits or lies over a ley line for an extended time will tend to be hyperactive. This can work to advantage in healing or in situations where extra energy is useful, but if someone is already very energetic, the ley line may cause an unhealthy situation. And if the ley line is negative, the negative aspects of extra energy will be manifest in tension, anxiety, and neurosis. Here are some comments from people talking about what standing over a ley line feels like to them:

"Energizing, white/fuzziness."
"Light, see a glowing line that goes with the direction of flow."
"Began to feel like I was weaving."
"Faint smooth energy."
Dowsing (deuten, to declare, douse, to plunge) refers to techniques for finding water or other things by using a dowsing instrument, such as a dowsing rod. The use of the dowsing rod, a Y-shaped forked stick or rod used to find water and hidden objects is probably as old as humankind. The dowsing rod is still is used commercially by many well-drillers and contractors who have to dig around underground pipes and lines. A good dowser/well-driller can find good, pure water 95% of the time.

Dowsing is searching for anything by projecting an intent of what is desired and receiving confirmation or non-confirmation feedback through the body, usually by the movements of a dowsing instrument. It is a form of clairvoyance, the ability to see at any given moment what is happening elsewhere. Our senses are really more powerful than we think. Because our physical and psychological apparatus is designed to satisfy our desires, they realize their potential only to the extent we utilize them.

Divining is a close synonym of dowsing and gets to the root of what dowsing is all about. Divining comes from the word divinus meaning "of, or by, or for a god, the gods, also inspired by them." Hence, divining is a spiritual practice -- the success of which rests on a divine state of mind.

There are many books on the history of dowsing, the exploits of successful dowsers and the many uses and applications of the dowsing technique. I call dowsing a technique, rather than a science, because technology is proven by results and nothing else. Science requires theory, explanation and proof. Needless to say, proof of dowsing in the academic world is slow in coming. Why? Primarily because dowsing is not a physics problem, where the people performing the experiment can be virtually excluded from affecting the results. Dowsing can't work without a person. The circumstances and people that the dowser is operating with have a definite influence on the results.

Dowsing is simply a natural tool that enables you to amplify what you are already perceiving, but simply have not bothered to pay attention to before. It is a handle on the abstract world of feeling, intuition and the sacred.

Dowsing is a very important technique for anyone working with sacred or haunted spaces. Dowsing can be used to:

Locate underground water lines and springs. The direction of flow, depth and quantity of flow (gallons per minute) can also be ascertained.
Locate ley lines and their direction of flow.
Find power centers, places where the Earth's field alters human consciousness.
Determine if a water line or ley line is having a negative effect on the health of the people living or working above the line.
Communicate with and receive guidance from Devas and Angels.
Map underground earth energies in order to design and build sacred spaces.
Jonjonsalinas_

Ley Lines

Post by Jonjonsalinas_ »

Wow that's so interesting about how just living over a ley line effects your all around energy! However with the dowsing, something I thought of while reading: would I have to be at the physical location of the line in order to find it OR could I possibly dowse over a map for a ley line and still find it? I have heard of people dowsing with maps however I haven't tried it myself, just a thought
Bright blessings,
Jonathon
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I have a friend on another forum who is a dowser. I'll ask him what he knows about dowsing via maps. I'll ask him what type of rods he uses as well. I know he's mentioned them, but I can't call to mind what the material is.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Jonjonsalinas_

Ley Lines

Post by Jonjonsalinas_ »

Please do!! Thank you so very much
Bright blessings,
Jonathon

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”