Any "Christian Witches" On This Forum?

Discussion for and about Christian witches and pagans. How do you merge your two belief systems? Please be kind to Christian witches. I have come to believe that it is a very valid belief system.
hummingbird

Re: Any "Christian Witches" On This Forum?

Post by hummingbird »

ehh. yeh just logged in since a long time, too... had this idea to visit EUTM again, as I am in need of spiritual guidance, lol and in day to day life it sometimes drifts away? And no, not everything the Christian life offers is a 'help' in my times of need :D bless yous guys, I still am in awe of the fact that we actually defo do have a responsibility toward the earth as well, not just our 'souls' and God? I do feel as a religious Christian one misses out on such a huge amount of natural knowledge. And I also agree with Dorothy Phoenix, the bible was indeed written by men, and is translated from greek, hebbreuw and latin, and bible translations has been interpreted in each of their own settings and times. We have responsibility over own lifes, each one of us.
'love Love as Love loves itself
heal us, broken
stay with us, strength of the Earth'
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I can't say I'm interested as much in the collection of books with it's 1001 interpretations from various n' sundry translations (as you say) as i am in the spirit behind it that unfolds within us. As a means to opening-of-the-way, it works. Dogmatism sucks the air out of the room. Yet i can get lost in the history (or mythology, depending on your point of view) within the Bible and do cartwheels over the intangiable mysteries it conveys, but when the Earth speaks to our souls as well, we'd be foolish not to listen, IMO. We've only got the one planet to live on, so far.

Nice to hear from you again hummingb. Hope all is well.
Blu-Luna

Post by Blu-Luna »

I am puttinging my Jewish/Christian roots aside for now and am searching for my much older roots in Pagan and Wicca. I know they are there somewhere! I guess I out grew my old skin, or something/someone is walking me on a new journey. I did have guilt issues, but that is getting better. I am thinking there is nothing to feel guilty about. It is just a fear tactic on their part (Bible's), but I am not scared anymore. Now I am excited and curious.
Middleagedseeker

Post by Middleagedseeker »

I have not been active on here in a long time due to life changes, etc. But I have been pretty much following my own path and doing what feels right for me. I was called by Artemis and I worked with her for awhile, I heard Ganesha and I also worked with him for a bit. Lately I am feeling drawn to a more Christo-Paganism path, I guess that’s what you would call it? I have also heard the term “Trinitarian Witchcraft”. Mother Mary is the Goddess that calls me now and I work with her and honor her pretty much on a daily basis. I use my Catholic rosary to pray to her but I use Pagan prayers and it is what makes me feel centered and whole right now. Are there any fellow Christopagans/Christian witches that are currently active on here?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Well, I never dropped the Rosary just because I began magical practice. I didn't stop belief in this or that, but only added on. I've been on my own form of quest - well, aren't we all? :) I've not so much prayed to Jesus as to the divine force behind Him which is Cosmic. He didn't pray to himself either. So that's where the notion comes from in my meager headology. I was psychic & a trance-channel medium before I was Catholic, & before I encountered the Craft. To me, it all fits together as one piece, with no disqualifying breaks. ... Which is not to suggest it's been smooth sailing. :roll:
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

I'm not a Christian, but there are some Judeo-Christian elements to my Wicca. I kept my grandma's Mary statue on my altar and my altar is opposite a Jesus picture. I believe Mary's origins lie with Isis, and I am not bothered by that. Likewise, I have "reclaimed" the name "Lucifer" for the God of Wicca, as it was intended from 'Aradia or Gospel of Witches' book. Lucifer was originally a pagan god, he was mistaken by Christians as Satan, and Cernunnos got that as well. So 'Lucifer' is another name for him, in my opinion. I also have a pagan view of Jewish demons such as Samael and Lilith. But this is evident by my name. :D (Lilith is sometimes another name for the Goddess of Wicca, imo.)
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
hummingbird

Post by hummingbird »

Hello! Yes, it is defo of today, even this post started a while ago. Thank you for opening it again. Yes, I experience similar.. If I attend a church service now, I 'see' holes in people's faith? cannot explain, that's true. hard to put in words. All i know is, I turned myself in circles, all the 20 years in several churches. They all promise a better life with Christ. Only since I discovered the full connection with 'spirit' and ideas and thinking, I feel peace and don't have to be prayed for or seek for answers in the bible (I even started to question the writings of Paul.. his ideas of how a 'Christian' should live his life? etc.)
heal us, broken
hummingbird

Post by hummingbird »

SpiritTalker wrote:Well, I never dropped the Rosary just because I began magical practice. I didn't stop belief in this or that, but only added on. I've been on my own form of quest - well, aren't we all? :) I've not so much prayed to Jesus as to the divine force behind Him which is Cosmic. He didn't pray to himself either. So that's where the notion comes from in my meager headology. I was psychic & a trance-channel medium before I was Catholic, & before I encountered the Craft. To me, it all fits together as one piece, with no disqualifying breaks. ... Which is not to suggest it's been smooth sailing. :roll:
Yes :) there is even a verse in the bible that Jesus says that he is not to worship, but God alone... And how many 'Christian' songs nowadays worship Jesus? doesn't make sense to me, either. (Luke 4:8)
heal us, broken
hummingbird

Post by hummingbird »

haha I see I already posted before. lol
heal us, broken
beemerphill

Post by beemerphill »

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. It is not only interesting, but it also makes one think. Being both Wicca and Christian in quite possible. Believing in the Christ and honoring the Moon Goddess are not exclusive. I am not a witch but believe in much of what Wicca teaches and practices. That is why I found this site and read many of the threads. The God that most of us believe in has many names. If we choose to call that God the Trinity or if we choose to call that Being the God/Goddess makes little difference. We can not know the exact nature of God, but there is a masculine and feminine side to Him/Her. The names that we ascribe to Him/Her matter not. The fact that we acknowledge Him/Her and worship is the important thing. Christianity, as practiced by early Christians, is well worth studying and emulating. I am not talking about the "prosperity theology " that many of the televangelists preach. I am talking about the love and respect for your neighbor practiced by true Christians. These beliefs mesh very well with Wicca as practiced by those on this board. The Witches that post here regularly are respectful of their fellow humans and aware of the Wheel of the year and the cycles of life. Christians are too. Christianity and Wicca, if properly practiced, and very compatible.
Middleagedseeker

Post by Middleagedseeker »

I’m not sure if I should start a new thread for this? But I’m curious if any Christian witches/Christopagans here work with the Catholic saints? I have been doing some research on St Brigid of Kildare and feel a connection to her. I’ve also been trying to learn more about Norvicesian Wicca, but not finding too much on the internet. I did find this thing called the Way back machine that took me to a now closed website by Rawna Moon that is very interesting. I can’t seem to find any information about her now, however. I’d love to get in contact with her to learn more about this tradition. Anyone familiar with her? I’m sure if I had an actual computer instead of just my iPhone it would help my search! Don’t know why I’m so afraid of this digital age? Lol! I’m getting older and still pretty old school, I guess.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I honor a pledge to the "living rosary" prayer with St Philomena.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hildagard von Bingen recieved canonization in 2012 and in my opnion was a pagan Christian.
I honor her, her music and her wisdom of the herbs.
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Caw Caw Caw

Post by Caw Caw Caw »

Although i do not believe praising Jesus is the only way to salvation, I do believe in the Jesus of the book of John as a historical and important figure. Whenever I need help I use my left hand to open a bible and the answers are there for me.
I take the line from Ephesians 5:15 to mean "don't take everything literally!"

Overall Jesus was a very good man, even if he told lies and half truths(as does every human). The message of the bible is there to bring the unenlightened closer to enlightenment. It is not a source of truth so much as a source of knowledge, which is a prerequisite to wisdom.
nope1234567890

Post by nope1234567890 »

Me!! Totally possible to do both, as long as you don't use it for evil.

Mary is my diety. I've always connected well with her, and whenever I'm afraid, she is there.
A spiritual journey is like this, there are multiple paths.
And you choose whichever one you want, gosh darn it!

Return to “Christian Witchcraft”