Any "Christian Witches" On This Forum?

Discussion for and about Christian witches and pagans. How do you merge your two belief systems? Please be kind to Christian witches. I have come to believe that it is a very valid belief system.
ravenwhite

Any "Christian Witches" On This Forum?

Post by ravenwhite »

So I guess I am wondering if there are any "Christian Witches" On This Forum? I really dont know how or where to begin or continue my journey with this

Thank you
DPhoenix

Re: Any "Christian Witches" On This Forum?

Post by DPhoenix »

I consider myself a non denominational christian/shaman/witch. I'll help if I can. :)
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
ravenwhite

Post by ravenwhite »

I sent you a PM but it shows in my outbox instead of sent messages so I am not sure if you will get it – but I can post it openly as well… I would like to know quite honestly where to begin as a christian witch… is there a forum, website, advice you could offer? I really just don’t know where to start!

Thank you
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

ravenwhite wrote:I sent you a PM but it shows in my outbox instead of sent messages so I am not sure if you will get it – but I can post it openly as well… I would like to know quite honestly where to begin as a christian witch… is there a forum, website, advice you could offer? I really just don’t know where to start!

Thank you
I replied but I'll post the link here too.

http://christianwicca.org/wordpress/ Is a good place to start.

Just keep in mind that the Bible and other Holy Documents were written by man, who is not infallible. In some cases creative liberties were taken and in other cases deliberate and manipulative liberties were taken

for example

King James commissioned the printing of the King James bible but had full control over the Hebrew interpretations
The Council of Nicea decided on what religious scriptures would be considered 'canon' for the Bible. Many religious scriptures were left out based on their own views and prejudice

As far as your journey goes, the best thing you can do is read read read, absorb as much knowledge as you can and reflect on it. Read what other people believe, what other people practice. Read theories and opinions even if you don't necessarily agree with them. Step back every now and then and try to see how all the puzzle pieces fit together. Find the common thread in a variety of different beliefs, practices and miracles. This is how you seek truth. This is how you discover the Design... and once you understand the design anything and everything become possible.

Don't depend on others to construct your personal doctrine, pray and let the Holy Spirit reveal to you the true nature of God and his gift of miracles (magick).

Don't be afraid to ask questions. Don't be afraid to consider ideas that are out of the box and non traditional. Don't be afraid to question the opinions and beliefs of religious figures even if they're considered 'experts' in their field. Don't let anyone brain wash you.

Decide what you believe but more importantly, why you believe it.
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
One Witchy Mom

Post by One Witchy Mom »

I am Christian Craft, have been for almost 20 years. I have waked both full Pagan and Full Christian path over my journey, and refused to choose between what I know to be true for me about both paths. I also have a background in Haitian Vodou as a being in Service of the Loa. I walk a blended path and find it be home. I practice sympathetic Folk Magic and Hoodoo.

So , yes there is a real long time Christian Craft Witch here....LoL
GreenGato

Post by GreenGato »

Catholic Witch here! I'm perfectly comfortable with spiritual contradictions. I never saw any reason to give up the beauty of my inherited Catholicism and the deep connection I feel with The Church with also fulfilling the parts of my spiritual needs I can't get from it.
random417

Post by random417 »

I'm not exactly a Christian Witch, but there are some similarities there with what I do. I work magick within a Jewish/Christian framework, although that has had to be loosely defined in my case.
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
onyx208

Post by onyx208 »

I hope this post isn't too old to revive... I don't identify with any organized religion but I've believed in Jesus my whole life... And still do! He is the God I follow, I just also believe in the Goddess of my understanding. Occasionally I go to my dad's church (he is a pastor) mostly to support him but basically I take what applies to my faith and leave the rest. No judgement on their belief system, it just doesn't work for me. But when it comes down to Jesus without the religious aspects.. I love him!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'd have to say I'm a born psychic, so see contradictions as the norm. Im interested in folk magic. It's all one to me.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

You must not be fearful of turning your back on a receding shore if you wish to venture towards more magnificent horizons. Old beliefs only make the journey more difficult if not impossible because you are never free of old impediments of erroneous grooming by parent, church, dominant society and government. If we still believed the earth was flat and the center of the universe we never would have walked on the moon. As a Witch you are free to believe what you wish and do as you will. I wish you well.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

The opening post is from almost five years ago. I don't know if some of the people are even here anymore.
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Yea the Board's been slow so i re-upped the old post to see if any new arrivals might be interested in a chat & the only nibble was the same old fish ;)

But here’s a thought for the OP
Powers of the Psalms by Anna Riva is for candle magic
See the posts Christian Candle Magic and Candle Magic with Psalms.

A Christian Witch might pray to The Father/Mother God and petition intercession of Angels & Saints through prayer-as-offerings. Google Archangels, Guardian Angel & Patron Saints prayers.
. Color use: 🟡🟢sustain, 🔴🟠stimulate, 🔵🟣 relaxes conditions
. Scent use: 🌸sweet/peace, 🍋citrusy/purify, 🌲forest/prosperity, 🌶🧄spicy/protection
. A Folk Magic Circle can be used with no summoning: 🧹🔄 widdershins or sprinkle Holy💦water; light incense; draw power on the breath to the solar plexus, point👉🏼+push from the belly to cast a circle deosil ↩️

A 🕯candle would be cleansed with a light sprinkle of Holy💦water; anointed with lite-olive💧oil; 👏🏽charged with prayer or your incantation; then set in its holder & lit. Let candles burn themselves out. Sigil & petition📝papers can be placed under candle holders & 💎crystals can be added around the holder.
🕯 . . . 💨 . . . 🕯
💎🕯💎
📝
🧂💦 . 📖 . 💧 ..
Choose candles by burn-time: dinner table tapers @1-hr per inch, tea-lights 2-4 hrs., votives 10-15 hrs., & vigil lights 5-7 days

You could use Moon-water for DIY Holy Water. Bless salt & water separately in the Names of the Father/Mother, Son and Holy Spirit with the power to dispel harmful forces and to stop evil. Add 3 pinches salt to 1/4 cup water. Likewise bless light olive oil and add 1 pinch of blessed salt to 1-Tbsp oil. Add scents if wanted.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Re: Any

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Must have been fate that today I decided to log on after being gone a for quite a while and this is he first thing I see... haha

Hope you two ladies (and other lurking) are doing well!

Rosie
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

:wave: Hey Rosie!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

You little lurker you :surprisedwitch:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Christian Witchcraft”