Any "Christian Witches" On This Forum?

Discussion for and about Christian witches and pagans. How do you merge your two belief systems? Please be kind to Christian witches. I have come to believe that it is a very valid belief system.
L.J.Hex

Re: Any "Christian Witches" On This Forum?

Post by L.J.Hex »

To me this is such a weird combination in a way. :D

I have a christian (very secular upbringing, but I went on my separate way on my 18th birthday and never looked back since. At one time I was actually quite strongly opposing christianity among other organised religion. I don't like any of it. But that's about religion, not faith, to oppose that would be darn stupid as I have quite a lot of faith in myself too. Funny how experience opens the mind. (But not to the point of brain falling out.)

I wonder what kind of problems a "Christian witch" could encounter? Telling people you're a pagan or a specially a witch is quite a scare to some on its own already and many(Christians?) would see a contradiction in being both witch and a Christian.
By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Simplify a bit. Loosely defined, christian is someone who accepts JC's teaching & claims about himself as a spiritual being & witch is someone who does magic, sometimes with a Nature focus, often times not. A person of any religion can practice magical concepts. Secular magic is a craft, not a religion. So a Christian witch is possible. Just to be sure I'm using secular clearly, I pulled up a definition: denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis. Contrasted with sacred.

A person can be Wiccan & not do magic. A person can be Christian and do magic. A person can do magic with, or without religious involvement. There's room to wiggle.

I'm making an emphasis on Witch, not Wiccan. To me Wiccan is a set of practices for a religious relationship through Nature. Witch denotes magic is performed & It may or may not include a deep perception of Nature as sacred. That's all I'm saying.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

I agree ST except on the Wicca part. It was literally started as a "religion of witchcraft" and that was made abundantly clear since its' earliest history. It's a bit like trying to be a Christian without Christ.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Good point.

A Christian Witch might pray to The Father-Mother God and petition intercession of Angels & Saints with prayer-offerings. You can look up prayers honoring Archangels, Guardian Angels & Patron Saints lists. A Spell Candle would be cleansed with Holy💦Water, anointed with💧oil, 👏🏽 charged with the intention, placed in a holder & lit; & prayers, Bible verses or psalms offered. Sigil & petition📝papers can be placed under candles & 💎crystals, holy cards and relic medals as tag locks can be added beside the holder. Let a candle burn itself out & dispose of spent stubs 🚮
. .
ravenwhite

Post by ravenwhite »

I have returned and am just now starting this path
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Best wishes on your journey.
ravenwhite

Post by ravenwhite »

SpiritTalker wrote:Best wishes on your journey.
thank you! There is so much info in the world. Hard to know where to begin
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

ravenwhite wrote:
SpiritTalker wrote:Best wishes on your journey.
thank you! There is so much info in the world. Hard to know where to begin
If you’re a Christian witch, a former Christian, or just a former Christmas with new pagan tendencies, I suggest you start here:

Candles - meanings, colors, incorporate into prayers.
Tarot - it’s amazing and a great path from Christian doom to pagan mystics.
Crystals - they are easy and fun to work with. Also, it’s likely even Christians family and friends with her impressed rather thanks freaked out or concerned with some beautiful crystals and amethysts you have laying around as decor.
Elements - they also seem easy and fun for me, and and there’s some ties to the 4 element and the 4 Arc angels although I really don’t do a lot with that connection anymore and focus on elemental energy a lot.
Kitchen magic - super simple and easy to get the supplies in a place where there isn’t a good metaphysical store or supply shop.

Lots to read about all these subjects on this forum. If you have any new questions, feel free to start a new thread and we’ll try to chime in.

Rosie
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

That is such a loaded question, perhaps you would like to start new thread on the topic? And swing by the intro section and let us know a bit of who you are and your path.
[Edit]... this was in response to a post that was never answered, very trollish with xtian link, so the two troll posters were removed.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Christian Witchcraft”