Mediumship and Me

Moderator: Kassandra

Kassandra

Mediumship and Me

Post by Kassandra »

Someone PM'd me the following question, and said it was OK if I answer publically, so here it is.

Question:

Hi Kassandra. I saw your posts on this thread about mediums. Your stories on those Native Americans gave me the chills! Is this a natural gift of yours? Clairvoyance?

Answer:

About Mediumship in General

Hi _________________. What some call "mediumship" involves functioning as a medium between two worlds, between (what we commonly call) the "physical" world, and the "spirit" world. I don't know that I would call mediumship a gift. In fact, I could see how someone might feel, at times, that it is a curse. But it is an "ability," yes, in my opinion no more amazing than hearing or smelling.

Personally, I think all people are born with some measure of the ability. I've observed that it varies, person to person. For some it's not as pronounced, for others, moreso. For some, from childhood to old age it is very active. They are "on" all the time, seeing every ghost, every dust bunny, everybody's dead aunt and uncle walking around, etc. That's all they'e ever known. It can be crippling.

I know someone like this. She barely leaves the house, unless she has to. She won't meet me downtown for coffee, for seeing all the ghosts. I think if she didn't use this ability in a constructive way, she'd go crazy. Really. She uses it constructively by giving mediumship readings for people, helping people find closure and peace with dead loved ones. In my opinion she is the best medium in the region where I live, and I have referred many people to her. But, those of us who know her personally know the high price she pays for this "gift."

For others, the ability will lie latent for years, then suddenly burst out and they will be overwhelmed by seeing "everything." Whatever the case may be, I believe that how we will use our abilities in a particular lifetime, to what extent (locally, nationally, internationally), at what point they'll "awaken" within us, etc. is something we agree to, before we incarnate here, in soul contracts with the Universe.

Message boards like this, where people are free to speak openly about such things, are so important because kids and adults are experiencing mediumship and have no one to talk to about it. Society, due to the lies of religion, the distortions of the entertainment media, and the careful omissions of so-called educational institutions (an oxymoron) isn't taught anything about their natural psychic abilities. Instead, the people of religions, Western medical establishment and educational institutions are themselves mind-controlled to tell them one of two things: 1. You're schizophrenic and need therapy and to take a fistful of pharmaceutical products, or 2. You are cavorting with the devil, your psychic abilities are evil and you will go to hell if you ever use them.

But, people need honest answers to their questions about what they are experiencing. They need a balanced view which neither sensationalizes psychic abilities like mediumship, nor condemns them. Therefore, I tend to take this stuff seriously when people ask questions, and answer them best I could.

The Clairs Involved in Mediumship

There are usually several "clairs" involved in mediumship. Clairsentience means "feeling" metaphysical phenomena (a lot of people "feel" a presence near them, good or bad, though they don't see it, etc.) People who sense this are experiencing a bit of mediumship, a taste of being a bridge between the two worlds.

Others, might go beyond just sensing a presence, and communicate with that presence, hear what it says, speak to it (usually telepathically), even see it. Clairvoyance refers to the ability to see things, which could involve seeing beings such as loved ones passed to spirit. Some people call this "second sight," or having an "open 3rd eye," etc. Clairvoyance could also mean seeing precognitive visions and/or dreams. The key is the "seeing" aspect.

There are other clairs that might be involved in a mediumship encounter that you experience: clairolfaction, clairgustance, or clairaudience. I'll save myself some typing, and let you do the research on what those words mean, and how those phenomena come into play in regard to mediumship. :wink:

Mediumship and Me

I was never "into" metaphysics growing up, not at all, and that wasn't what I planned for my life. I knew nothing about mediumship, though I was a medium myself. I didn't know that anything I was experiencing psychically was "called" something, that it was anything out of the ordinary, that other people didn't do it too, etc. That's why to this day I still tend to be like, "what's the big deal?" when it comes to metaphysics.

The first time I realized other people didn't always experience mediumship was when I kept seeing my cousin's grandmother's head literally on her right shoulder every time I saw her. It was bright white and glowing. I didn't say anything about it for months. Finally I did. She didn't think I was crazy when I told her what I saw, though I did. lol She cried and was relieved because she said for years she had been wondering whether or not g-ma was "still there," since g-ma promised on her deathbed she'd watch over her "every day of her life." What I told her seemed to serve as a kind of confirmation, and brought some kind of closure.

Years later, I saw MY grandma. She was following me around, telling me to "get to work." I guess she thought I needed to be doing some kind of spiritual work, readings for people or something, etc. I consulted with 2 mediums (I had not asked them anything about anything in my life, just sat there and waited for them to tell me what they saw). Both of them said they saw my grandma, flailing her hands around, yelling and screaming at me (out of love, of course). Once again, confirmation that I was really seeing what I was seeing.

Some things I see aren't so nice, but I believe they have a right to be here like everybody else (even if I don't personally like them, for whatever reason). So, I don't like to focus on the negative stuff so much because that gets kind of "sensationalist" after a while, and there's enough sensationalism out there with these "paranormal" shows and whatnot. I don't need to add to that energy.

I've come to believe there is a vast, "spiritual ecosystem" all around us, at any given moment. Many beings, many dimensions. That's what I was referring to in this post (3rd paragraph): http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ml#p179068

I have a lot more stories than the two Native American-related ones. But, I just thought those two were funny (the stark contrast between the two different reactions to my presence), so I shared them. Most of the time, unless someone requested a reading from me, or I am working during a Spiritualist Church meeting (where all are welcomed to share their visions with each other), I keep what I see to myself. It's painful biting my tongue, but I've learned, again and again, that volunteering information like that doesn't serve anyone well.

If you have any further questions or comments, feel free to post or PM them. Thanks.

MistressOfTheMoon

Re: Mediumship and Me

Post by MistressOfTheMoon »

I'd say you are blessed to have this gift dear :) I am currently developing both mediumship and clairvoyance after experiencing visions through my mind's eye and reading the thread about mediumship.

It still creeps me out when I get details correctly :shocked: And getting in touch with my dead grandmother was nonetheless creepier. Your post inspires me to continue developing both skills. Thank you so much!!!

Blessings,

Ada
"For the Spirit lies within."
~ Ada S.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Thanks for the kind words, MistressOfTheMoon. Yes, you seem to be undergoing quite an "awakening" phase right now. So glad you're a member here, and sharing your journey with us.

Just curious, how is mediumship generally viewed in the Philippines ...favorably, frowned upon, etc.?

Here it seems people are more open to mediumship and other psychic stuff the closer you get to the Coasts, whereas, the more inward you go, the more conservative peoples' spiritual beliefs tend to get. This is just generally-speaking, and of course there are many exceptions.

MistressOfTheMoon

Post by MistressOfTheMoon »

As far as I know, mediumship is not commonly recognized here in the Philippines. It is often a gift aligned with naturally clairvoyant people, but most of them do nothing to communicate with these spirits. They just leave them be, and warn others when they see negative spirits. This is based on what I have encountered so far.

I think it's interesting to know that where you live, mediumship is acknowledged! :) Because over here, witchcraft leans more towards spell casting, healing, and exorcism of elementals and harmful entities.
"For the Spirit lies within."
~ Ada S.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Interesting, thanks.

Return to “Kassandra's Metaphysical Basics”