Is Astral Projecting Dangerous?

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
asthesunlovesthemoon

Is Astral Projecting Dangerous?

Post by asthesunlovesthemoon »

I've been reading a lot about astral projection, and here's me being paranoid again: is there anything bad that could happen when you are projecting? What if you can't re enter your body?

Blessed be
Vesca

Re: Is This Dangerous?

Post by Vesca »

I would like to tell you that, no, nothing bad can happen to you while you're in that state. But the fact that there are a lot of folk traditions and practices that focus on protecting yourself while you are traveling kind of speaks for itself. From what I've gathered, there are 2 major concerns.

1. Something may try to enter your non-occupied body (I've never encountered this one personally, but because there is a fair amount of writings about it I will include it).

2. You may encounter something nasty while traveling and not be able to make it back to your body.

For the first issue, cast a protective circle before you do anything. Some groups will have the projecting individual lie or sit in the middle of a circle of their colleagues (if you're in a coven or other organization) so they can protect you. For the second issue, there are varying thoughts on self-protection ranging from learning how to manipulate the astral in a way to defend yourself to keeping some kind of offensive/defensive symbol near you in a certain position (varies between sources) while traveling. In my path it's a ritual knife you keep nearby with the point upward above your head, but it varies across regions, practices and personal preference.

I would really suggest doing some more in-depth reading about it.

As for re-entering, the mere thought of your physical body will bring you back into it.
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

Vesca hit the nail on the head here. Just being honest, yes bad things could happen and just like when we do our rituals or perform spells we protect ourselves from harm. The same defintely goes for when we are astral. I highly suggest you research deeply then practice. Don't be scared, many of us travel the astral plane. It is quite fun. It can be hard to do but once you get it you are good, kind of like riding a bike. I hope this helps you, good luck.
TheGirlOfSecrets

Post by TheGirlOfSecrets »

The astral plane is such a plane of existence with which most people are not familiar, a whopping majority being completely ignorant of its existence. Even those rare few who claim to have had out-of-body experience either involuntarily or in a controlled environment never fail to mention the fact that much of this parallel plane is still mostly unexplored and major areas are still undisclosed to them. As is true for all things less known, there always lurks an element of danger - not due to facing the unknown itself but due to not being prepared or not knowing what to expect in an unknown terrain. Here are some possible astral projection dangers that one should consider and make preparations accordingly before embarking upon an astral trek:-

What if something bad happens to your physical body while you're out exploring the astral plane in your spiritual body? Someone might hurt your body, it can be destroyed in an accident (what if there's a short-circuit and the room catches fire?).... the risks are endless. Under such circumstances, neither your material body can take steps to defend itself nor can you consciously guide it to escape the mishap. Worse still, you may not be able to re-enter your body if the damage is too severe, making you as good as dead!

Heard about the silver cord concept? Well, among spiritual people who strongly believe in the paranormal, the silver cord is a spiritual or psychic binder that keeps the astral body attached to the material body at the navel. While this cord has endless capacity to stretch, enabling you to travel really far from your body, straying too far may result in you getting lost in the astral plane. You may argue that by following the cord back you can always find your way, what is the assurance that, that is the way things work in the astral plane as well? Even if it did, then wouldn't it also be possible for the silver cord to get all entangled if stretched too long, especially if your travel route is more like a maze than a highway?

Next comes the aspect of energies. Whether you believe in the paranormal or not, you would be an ignorant fool if you don't believe in the dual nature of the Cosmos. All things, visible, semi-visible or invisible, have positive as well as negative sides. In a lifetime, you get to experience both joy and gloom, meet both good and nasty people, do both good as well as not-so-good acts - it's all about striking a balance. It's all yin and yang, the bad balances the good and vice versa. The point is, when you venture out there, the possibilities are strong that you'll come across various other energies and ethereal vibrations that may or may not be entities. Now, these energies would be of both kind, positive and negative. What if some negative energy takes over you and prevents you from returning to your material plane? Worse still, what if it follows you down to the material plane? I leave the consequences to your imagination!

Last but not the least, your physical body will also be affected by your astral sojourns. Making your psychic body travel out of your material body requires tremendous focus, concentration and mental exertion. If not done under the supervision of an adept spiritual guide, you can very well end up with a ruptured blood vessel in your head to say the least, owing to overexertion of your brain. Also, whatever you experience in the astral plane is likely to be carried back to your material body and get stamped on your physical intelligence in the form of mnemonic information. If the experience is negative, traumatic or frightful, chances are that you'll carry the mental scars of these nightmares for the rest of your life! Also, since mental stress directly leads to a disruption of the metabolic rhythm and the hormonal balance and weakens the immune system, this is very likely to have a heavy toll on your physical health.

Read more at Buzzle: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/is-astra ... erous.html :flyingwitch:
I am always never not broken.
nightshroud

Re: Is Astral Projecting Dangerous?

Post by nightshroud »

how does one do astral projection?
The darkness is my friend for I am Nightshroud the darklord.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

With mental focus, and a desire to be out. We do it naturally at night when we sleep, so it's a perfectly natural activity.
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

Wow... Astral traveling is not that dangerous. People always think of a being coming to possess you or blocking you from entering your body, but those are just misconceptions. And the silver cord will not get tangled up. Remember guys, the astral plane follows a different set of laws, and most of the things we experience physically, or even ideas we come up with mentally holds no weight on different planes.

As far as entities harassing you? I'm not saying it's impossible at all, because it is, but if you aren't dabbling in such negativity you should be fine(though there are cases of people who are innocent in the astral plane being attacked, like I said it's possible but very unlikely).

For the most part, you should not be fearful for your life when on this plane. It's not as scary as some people make it out to be.

Often people get scared because they've seen the Insidious movie and think that's what the astral realm is like.... It's not. That's just a movie, and an uninformed one I believe meant to scare people into coming to their divinity, and part of our divine being is an astral body we can move around in if we so please.

So please, do not be afraid. And if you are, be brave, ground yourself, call on your spirit guides or angels to guide you. You may not see them on that plane because they operate on higher vibrations and it takes growth to begin to see them and go to higher planes, but they are there nonetheless.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

We go beyond astral projection when we bi-locate in our Agency Star Gate program and to date have encountered nothing of danger. We have always been everywhere at once across space/time that is our Quantum physical nature. Astral projection is just becoming aware of our targeted remote presence. Protective circles are just to establish cacophony-free sacred space void of local bio-chatter. The Gods and Goddesses and other worldly visitors do it all the time. It is the way advanced beings move across the universe.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Chris Fox

Post by Chris Fox »

Yes, bad things can happen in all parts of the world you invite in your reality.
The soul is not bound to one realm or the other. As soon as you commit with your experience, you must take care of yourself. That said, if you do respect your sanctity with some vigilance, nothing bad will happen.

(Geburah)
stormofwind

Post by stormofwind »

Here's my problem when astral project there are times part of me is elsewhere..
This happens more often .. I feel out of sorts..
It's not till I take short nap I return fully why this happens I have no idea
Bio location is easier to control.. for me
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

My guess is the energy body isn't fully anchored, so a nap resets.
stormofwind

Post by stormofwind »

Thank you so much.. :D
Mikayla11

Post by Mikayla11 »

So there's lots of bad examples on what could happen when you astral project. Does anyone have any good experiences? What was it like to astral project? Or bio locate? Also what is bio location, is it the same as astral projection or a whole other thing?
Last edited by Firebird on Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please remove your tapatalk signature
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Ever had a flying dream? That would be one example. There are different states or levels of density depending on how consciously attached one is. When traveling on the astral plane the mind is the vehicle & outside of time & space. Whereas common Out-of-Body Experiences (OOBEs) may be within the the physical plane & real-time but just have no dense physical body involved so the physical senses wouldnt register much. The "body" you travel with is made of light & can pass through walls. Bi-location is noticeably different in that the light-body can be dense enough to be visible to others who are fully awake & going about their business.

I've had experiences that differed in energy-frequency or I might say in tonal pitch & the individual levels have had their own landscape markers. It sort of feels like swimming when moving between levels. While in flight i'll see bands of light that signify heavily traveled routes &' thin threads that have fewer travelers. I most often am taken by my guide along these light-routes to astral level lectures along with hundreds of other people. Some lessons come with diagrams, pictures & whole concepts punched into memory. Others are more like a wireless phone call & I'm only slightly detached & hovering near my physical body.

On a few occasions I've noticed that I seemed to be within a transparent, hard-shell bubble while traveling the light-routes. I just accept is as being my shield because I've visualized shielding as a fighter jet canopy. This gives me high speed, defensive weaponry and free visibility all in one image. When astral traveling I don't have to put up the shield because it just comes of itself from mundane daily practicing of projecting it.

When im not traveling the light-paths I love the flying & swimming "sensations" & have had fun with them doing barrel rolls on the ceiling as a kid; well now I'm a big-kid & still do barrel rolls - yee Ha. More than once over the years I've received physical healing during bouts of pneumonia when I was taken to an astral plane Blue Grotto-like pool &'submerged in the blue waters. Generally my astrals & OOBEs have been at the discretion of my guide (or other-realm beings) & not sought by me. Ive had a couple verified, real-time, accidental bi-locations while in prayer & also some at-will remote viewing episodes. They're all different frequencies of consciousness. In my experience, the astral-level travels are outside of time & physical space, whereas the bi-locations & OOBE's were in real-time & space, and remote viewing can be both.

I've traveled since i was a kid & caught myself coming and going at re-entry. I saw me looking at me - looking at me - from both "selves" at the same time. And being a kid I'd wondered who that girl was who looked like me. I didn't know OOBE from mundane back then.

I've only had one scary encounter (im 65 now) which involved some college friend's who met for a weekend, without me. I was in another city at the time, sick in bed & wishing I was with my friends, so probably "wandering" OOB. I dreamed a wolf chased me through a tunnel & when I woke I'd had claw marks on my throat that burned. I phoned my friend's later & learned that my "dream" had coincided with one of them summoning a werewolf to their circle. I don't know who was more stupid - my friend's for summoning the werewolf or me for apparently diverting it away from their circle. Many years afterwards I'd read WC trial accounts in "night battles" of travelers returning with physical injuries having appeared on their bodies. So I'm inclined to believe it's possible based on this one experience.
Hazel Moon

Post by Hazel Moon »

stormofwind wrote:Here's my problem when astral project there are times part of me is elsewhere..
This happens more often .. I feel out of sorts..
It's not till I take short nap I return fully why this happens I have no idea
Bio location is easier to control.. for me
This is similar to what I experience with astral travel. Which is also why I don't practice astral travel very often because I find it to be very draining on the body, leaving me in a state where I feel out of it and physically exhausted afterwards.

This effect does seem to diminish over time. In other words, the more I practice astral travel, the less draining it becomes. Makes me wonder if some people need to practice more, or if it takes time getting used to it. Still, it's not something I do very often. For me anyway, I think it might be better to use this one sparingly so as not to exhaust myself. All things in moderation, you know?
We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
Love knows no limits, not even death.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”