Got lots of herb goodies today!

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Pinkpower_80

Got lots of herb goodies today!

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

I finally made it to the grocery store today & on a whim decided to check the Hispanic foods section for some dried herbs. On occasion they have some very affordable items. They did today! I know these aren't fresh as if I'd picked them but still, I'm a very happy camper!
I got these at Walmart for only .87 cents a pack! :surprisedwitch:
I also got some sunflower oil to make infused oils with. Right now I've got some plantain oil in the works in my crock pot.
Since I'm a dork I'm posting pics lol, plus so anyone else that wants to know what to look for can. :)
Echo_of_shadows

Re: Got lots of herb goodies today!

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Pinkpower_80 wrote:I got these at Walmart for only .87 cents a pack!
That's a good deal, Pink. :D
I admit that I have picked up herbs from the grocery store that were kind of expensive and there were no cheap alternatives. :(
I'll have to check my local Walmart the next time I'm there. :flyingwitch:
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Nice
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Most grocery stores have these kinds of packets, usually near the produce...if you can't find them ask the clerk, sometimes they are somewhat hidden is a random obscure place, or get fresh (in the produce section) then dry them.
Sorry...I'm one of those people that won't step foot in Wal-Mart ('cept to pick up my Mom's Rx)
Good find in any case...the chamomile bundle is really cool.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

I dislike Walmart quite a lot myself but around here I don't have very many options on places to shop. I mainly got these things to try out for an affordable price to see what all I could try with them & how they work then go from there. Kinda like practice lol.
I did make some tea from the chamomile flowers & spearmint leaves last night that was very tasty as well as soothing. I don't have a tea ball so I made a packet from a coffee filter hehe.
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I'm thinking of checking the local grocery stores for herbs packaged this way because it seems less expensive than the herbs sold in plastic bottles and glass bottles.
I'm neutral with Walmart. I usually end up there because my friends and I will get iced cappuccinos and then go hang out at Walmart for a couple hours because it's open late. :lol:
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Echo I used to do that at night after my divorce when it was just me lol. That or hang out at the tattoo parlor usually ending up with a new piercing. :lol:

The herbs I bought really are pretty good for the price. Much cheaper than on eBay where I'm not even exactly sure of what i would be getting. At least this way I can familiarize myself with them before buying anything online.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”