The Hidden Shoebox Altar

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
Selena Silverlynx

The Hidden Shoebox Altar

Post by Selena Silverlynx »

Hi!
I just got a nice idea for witches who have not come out of the ''broom closet''. Or if they have someone in their household who pokes their nose in everyone's business. The idea is a Hidden Shoebox Altar.
Your Hidden Shoebox Altar can contain:

A few crystals
A teensy statue of your god or goddess (e.g, Aphrodite, Isis, The Horned God)
A small wand
Your ritual knife
Incense
Tiny prints of your religion (look on Every Witch Way if you don't know what I mean)
A tiny pentagram

Viola! Your Hidden Shoebox Altar is finished.
Now for the hiding...mmm...**looks around sneakily**
Maybe in your closet or wardrobe, chucked under your bed, or in some sneaky places only you know of...

Hope this helps you!
Selena Silverlynx
Why are black cats associated with witches?
Because black is an awesome colour, cats are awesome, and so are witches. People are actually linking awesomeness to awesomeness to awesomeness. ;)
Heartsong

Re: The Hidden Shoebox Altar

Post by Heartsong »

That's an excellent idea, thank you for posting! I have in-laws that are very intolerant and I often have to hide things in very awkward places when they drop in unannounced. The joy of living 15 minutes away from both his and my family...sigh.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Selena Silverlynx

Heartsong wrote:That's an excellent idea, thank you for posting! I have in-laws that are very intolerant and I often have to hide things in very awkward places when they drop in unannounced. The joy of living 15 minutes away from both his and my family...sigh.
Thank you, Heartsong! I will try to post more topics about mini altars and secret ones too. I hope this one helps you!
Selena Silverlynx
Because black is an awesome colour, cats are awesome, and so are witches. People are actually linking awesomeness to awesomeness to awesomeness. ;)
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

I kept everything in a shoebox for a long time. I was very happy with that solution.
Philomena

Post by Philomena »

I use a shoebox altar, not particularly to keep it private, but because I don't have a lot of room. Actually, I got some pretty wrapping paper to decorate the box and printed out a picture of my deity instead of trying to find a statue. Also, I used printed out colored pentagrams to represent the elements too. I decided to glue these accents on but you can easily put them away in your box and just take them out and arrange them when you need :)
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Great idea.

I like that you can also have multiple ones for different seasons/deities etc, and they wouldnt have to take up room.
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

Excellent idea! I personally do not have the problem of having to hide my belief, I feel for those who do but understand various situations. Thanks for sharing your idea here Selena.
Selena Silverlynx

Philomena wrote:I use a shoebox altar, not particularly to keep it private, but because I don't have a lot of room. Actually, I got some pretty wrapping paper to decorate the box and printed out a picture of my deity instead of trying to find a statue. Also, I used printed out colored pentagrams to represent the elements too. I decided to glue these accents on but you can easily put them away in your box and just take them out and arrange them when you need :)
That's creative! :)
Selena Silverlynx

AnaisStar wrote:Great idea.

I like that you can also have multiple ones for different seasons/deities etc, and they wouldnt have to take up room.
Good idea. :)
Selena Silverlynx

Lillady wrote:Excellent idea! I personally do not have the problem of having to hide my belief, I feel for those who do but understand various situations. Thanks for sharing your idea here Selena.
:)

Return to “Altar Pictures”