Vervain's Altar

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
Vervain

Re: Vervain's Altar

Post by Vervain »

A dollar a bottle CAN add up, but it's still really fantastic compared to the other cheapest I've seen new which is more like 2.50-5 dollars... And the glass amphoras out there that are pretty but by no means far superior quality that go for 10-20 bucks a pop? No thank you! But yes, it's really nice to find pretty and interesting bottles for just a few cents. :)
TheGirlOfSecrets

Post by TheGirlOfSecrets »

Your altar is so nice! I would put up pictures of my altar but it's not very... special. I don't have room for a very big one :(
I am always never not broken.
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

You should put up pictures! I bet it's beautiful. It's not how big or fancy our altars are, it's how personal we can make them and how they can help us relate to and converse with the Lord and Lady! I am very lucky to have reached a point in my life where I can have a permanent altar set up (after more than 9 years in the practice!), but that doesn't mean mine is better! I'd love to see yours. <3
TheGirlOfSecrets

You've made me feel better about myself :) maybe I will put pictures up :)
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

I'm so glad! I look forward to it.
TheGirlOfSecrets

I've got a question, is it ok to put Buddha on your altar? Because I would think it represents peas, but I don't know because I'm not a Buddhist witch and it migh be an insult to the god and goddess?
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

If Buddha symbolizes something important to you, then I would absolutely say it's okay to put him on your altar! Buddha is but another aspect of the Lord and Lady, I think it would be absurd for them to be insulted. If you don't much about Buddha, I would recommend doing some further research on the original Buddha and the beliefs of Buddhism (many align very closely with Wicca), but don't feel like you can't put something on your altar because someone else might vaguely disapprove. :)
TheGirlOfSecrets

Thankyou very much and I meant peace not peas lol
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

Saskia wrote:Thankyou very much and I meant peace not peas lol
No problem, and I knew what you meant. :)
TheGirlOfSecrets

Sorry I'm asking all these questions, where did you get your athame? Because I don't think anyone would sell an athame to a 13 year old goth witch girl lol:)
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

I bought it online here... http://www.themysticcorner.com/SwordsDaggers.asp
Despite the site looking pretty sketchy and having blurry photos, I had a good experience ordering from them. My athame was called the Medusa Dagger Set. I was willing to bet on the blurry photo, but it does not look much like Medusa to me. But anyway, as long as it's my athame, it's Medusa.
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

This is not on my altar... it's in my kitchen, since that's where I really needed a trivet (and I HAD been needing one), and it's where I do a lot of magick anyway... but I got this beautiful brass trivet for six bucks at a local antique store!
I got it because it reminded me of Yggdrasil (I know it's only one tree, but it's such a beautiful, curly tree!)... :D

And I picked up this secular-friendly kitchen witch for two bucks at the same place! They called her a "broom doll" and I was like... "Kay. She's a besom AND a kitchen witch. Mine." So I hung her over my sink. :D

Needless to say, I am VERY happy about the new additions to my kitchen. :flyingwitch:

Return to “Altar Pictures”