Signs from Nature

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Mandie Moonstone

Signs from Nature

Post by Mandie Moonstone »

Well after worrying about a decision that I needed to make concerning my spiritual path I had finally decided which way I wanted to go. Later that day after returning from doing some errands I found a perfect Bluejay's feather at my front door. Now mind you my yard is plentiful with Cardinals, Wrens, Finch, Mockingbirds and Robins but in the many years we have lived here a Bluejay sighting is rare. I then found this article online. It just solidified my decision. I took it as a sign from the Goddess and God that I am on my true path. :)

http://divinelotushealing.com/blue-jay- ... onicities/

Blessings
Mandie
TheGirlOfSecrets

Re: Signs from Nature

Post by TheGirlOfSecrets »

I know this is quite unrelated, but one day, near the beginning of my becoming a Witch, I did a full moon ritual, and I had a bowl of 'moon water' I was using, and I decided to water the grass in the back garden. Well as soon as I'd finished with my little bowl of water it started raining. I count this as my first sign from nature smiley_dance
I am always never not broken.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Sweet! ...M-lady Mandie, Isn't it reassuring when the Great Spirit speaks to us? Nice gift from this usually very present and vocal bird!
Jays are swift and family oriented, they like to gather with their kindred, know to be somewhat of a trixster. They like to perch and observe, but when it's time to make a decision they go in with guns ablaze.
Mandie, you may be able to entice the owner of the feather to come around if you leave out raw peanuts for them (hopefully the squirrels done get o them first!) Once you establish a bond, they will come around at the same time every day.
When my Dad was in the later stages of Alzheimers, I noticed one of the few things that would catch his attention was the jays that visited the backyard. I made a dish attached to a post and pounded in into the ground right outside the kitchen window, so every am as he was sitting there having breakfast, the jay would swoop in and demand his peanuts. Boy did Dad love to grab a handful of nuts to rush out and place them in the dish, them come back and watch them from in the kitchen. Even days before he passed away, he still loved to feed his birds. I find it interesting that he was able to maintain a connection (or some kind of communication) with the birds.
They came for years after Dad died, and Mom fed them some, but I think she was tired of them squawking every am.
Blue jay is an amazing bird.
Many blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
TheGirlOfSecrets

^ that's nice :-D
Mandie Moonstone

firebirdflys wrote:Sweet! ...M-lady Mandie, Isn't it reassuring when the Great Spirit speaks to us? Nice gift from this usually very present and vocal bird!
Jays are swift and family oriented, they like to gather with their kindred, know to be somewhat of a trixster. They like to perch and observe, but when it's time to make a decision they go in with guns ablaze.
Mandie, you may be able to entice the owner of the feather to come around if you leave out raw peanuts for them (hopefully the squirrels done get o them first!) Once you establish a bond, they will come around at the same time every day.
When my Dad was in the later stages of Alzheimers, I noticed one of the few things that would catch his attention was the jays that visited the backyard. I made a dish attached to a post and pounded in into the ground right outside the kitchen window, so every am as he was sitting there having breakfast, the jay would swoop in and demand his peanuts. Boy did Dad love to grab a handful of nuts to rush out and place them in the dish, them come back and watch them from in the kitchen. Even days before he passed away, he still loved to feed his birds. I find it interesting that he was able to maintain a connection (or some kind of communication) with the birds.
They came for years after Dad died, and Mom fed them some, but I think she was tired of them squawking every am.
Blue jay is an amazing bird.
Many blessings, Firebird
It is truly wonderful to know you are being heard! That is great that that your Dad could still relate to the birds during that time. I had two grandparents sufferer with Alzheimer's before passing as well. That is a truly horrible disease for everyone involved.
I have 3 feeders in my tree's with black oil sunflower seeds but they don't seem to attract the blue jay's. Maybe I can get the hubs to help me set up a peanut stand for them, I know the woodpecker who visits will enjoy them. :) I have a very large juniper bush at my bedroom window with a peanut butter suet hanging inside. A pair of Carolina Wren's visit every day despite Vikter trying to catch them through the window. Silly cat, you would think one good "thunk" on the window would deter him but no, he is nothing if not persistent. :D
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Aaa..Mandie I'm sorry, Then you really can relate that anything to bring them joy was really important. The angry outbursts were just so left field.
Sounds lie you have quite a bird haven. :D ..better tell Vikter to cool it, Yeah? tell him these are my friends... you mess with them you mess with me!
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Mandie Moonstone

firebirdflys wrote:Aaa..Mandie I'm sorry, Then you really can relate that anything to bring them joy was really important. The angry outbursts were just so left field.
Sounds lie you have quite a bird haven. :D ..better tell Vikter to cool it, Yeah? tell him these are my friends... you mess with them you mess with me!
BB, Firebird
Yes...sadly I can totally relate to that. My Gram, my dad's mom, was THE most mellow, loving, soft-spoken person I ever knew. We kids never heard her raise her voice even once. She changed so much that my dad stopped going to visit her after one outburst. He did eventually go back but you know the mix of feelings you have to deal with when it gets like that. I was 20 when she passed and I don't think until years later have I recognized what a strong woman she was. I wish my daughters could have known her but they did know my dad and he possessed a lot of her traits so they know what I mean when I talk about her.
Consider the message relayed to Vikter :) he has heard that one from me a few times. Luckily the times he does go out in the flower beds with me he is so much more interested in what we are doing he doesn't have time for stalking. He did put his eye on the pair of bluebirds that nest in the birdhouse my hubs has on the pine tree but he was spotted and since hubs was watering flowers he "watered" Vikter too lol.
Mandie Moonstone

Saskia wrote:I know this is quite unrelated, but one day, near the beginning of my becoming a Witch, I did a full moon ritual, and I had a bowl of 'moon water' I was using, and I decided to water the grass in the back garden. Well as soon as I'd finished with my little bowl of water it started raining. I count this as my first sign from nature smiley_dance
That's great! Little simple things we folk see are sadly so overlooked by others not as attuned to nature.
TheGirlOfSecrets

Mandie Moonstone wrote:
Saskia wrote:I know this is quite unrelated, but one day, near the beginning of my becoming a Witch, I did a full moon ritual, and I had a bowl of 'moon water' I was using, and I decided to water the grass in the back garden. Well as soon as I'd finished with my little bowl of water it started raining. I count this as my first sign from nature smiley_dance
That's great! Little simple things we folk see are sadly so overlooked by others not as attuned to nature.
So would you count this as a first sign? I told my mum, but she didn't think it was really special tbh but it really brought tears to my eyes :)
Mandie Moonstone

Saskia wrote:
Mandie Moonstone wrote:
So would you count this as a first sign? I told my mum, but she didn't think it was really special tbh but it really brought tears to my eyes :)
For me I think anything that touches your soul is a sign. Only you know your true self and when Nature or the Divine speak to you they speak to your soul so what seems ordinary or coincidence to someone else "feels" special to us. I have always loved animals and nature but not until this year when I finally made the decision to follow this path have I truly felt so connected to it. My two cents....if it felt real to you or made you feel something I say it counts. :)

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”