Who do you think you were in a past life?

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
TheGirlOfSecrets

Who do you think you were in a past life?

Post by TheGirlOfSecrets »

Now this may sound weird, but I think I was Chinese because I've always wanted to learn Mandarin, so I am now:)

U )O(
O
I am always never not broken.
Vervain

Re: Who do you think you were in a past life?

Post by Vervain »

I've always been very curious about past life regression, but I've never found anything successfully.

I wonder if I was perhaps Japanese in a past life--I have never really been into Japanese pop culture but on a whim I started exploring their art history and decided to take courses in the language... and Japanese language comes to me very, very naturally. I'm pretty good with languages but with Japanese I don't have to study very much because when I read a new word or grammatical concept, it somehow makes sense. I don't understand why this is unless it's stored somewhere in my subconscious, and a past life is an option for that.
Klia

Post by Klia »

Nice thread! I think I may have been African. I loooove their culture, religions, and just everything. I collect things from Africa, I love African animals (cheetahs and elephants), and love their artwork. Oh and all their rituals for thanking the Gods and avoiding evil spirits is interesting. Never been but it is on my bucket list!
"The will to do, the soul to dare is yours for the taking if you prepare."
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

That would make sense, vervain. I've read before about memories being stored in DNA (a popular concept after the release of the Assassin Creed video games) and perhaps a collective consciousness that allows for individuals to share memories across time and vast distance.

I think in my most recent past life, I was a Confederate soldier in the American Civil War. I travled every summer with my grandparents and since I've always been intensely interested in anything having to do with that period of history, I made it a point to visit every battlefield I could. Not at all of them, but at certain ones, I had such severe deja vu that I had to find something to lean against. One instance, I was visiting the Shenandoah Valley National park. I remember hiking across one of the fields and experiencing flashes of pain in my chest and stomach. I could hear massive booms and gunfire, although it was just me and one of my sisters present in the field. There were no reenactments scheduled during the time of our visit. I was in tears by the time I reached the end of the field, and I hit my knees because the emotions rocketing through me were too intense to even think, much less stand. I honestly believe that's where I died in that life.

I'm also told that my aura is gold, and I've always visualized the color gold when working magic or centering my energy, which is an indication that my soul is very old. So I'm immensely curious about what other lives I might have led. It's fascinating to me. :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

I used to reenact a confederate marine infantryman! It's the strangest thing how at home I felt doing that... not saying it was a past life or anything, but there's something really special about that.
TheGirlOfSecrets

Wow everyone, thanks for your thoughts:)
Altairtigris

Post by Altairtigris »

I have no idea, but I'd love to find out. Arabic places and culture really appeal to me. But so do Rome, Moscow and the south of France.
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

I agree vervain! To me, there's just something amazingly special about physically reliving history, even if it's playacting, so to speak, haha.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
TheGirlOfSecrets

Our history teacher is so boring, but history can be really interesting, if you learn it in the right way - I'm reading some books about Neanderthals right now (sp?).
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I think I was Indian in my past life. I have always been interested in Indian culture and Hindu gods although there is no particular reason for it. I feel attached to gypsy magick too (and as the gypsies originally come from India, it makes a lot more sense )and have tried to reach out to practitioners in my country, but they are quite secretive about their magick. I do know a gypsy witch and have asked her like million questions, but have never got anything specific from her, just hints and bits that drive me insanely curious :)
Also, I think I drowned in my past life as I do have very intense body reaction to watching anybody under the water. Especially when somebody is drowning (in a movie for example or when I hear about someone drowned in the news), I start having difficulties breathing. I am not afraid of water and I swim quite well, so I can't explain my reactions in any other way.
Lover of War

Post by Lover of War »

I wonder if i was maybe Greek or Roman. I've always loved Greek mythology. I also could have been Japanese, because when I was younger i loved Japan for no reason.
Becky b

Post by Becky b »

I actually have two feelings of who I was one in the maid Marian times a peasant when I studied history at school quite some time ago I could imagine wearing the same clothes the smells and all sorts..day ja vu and I also get that with a gypsy funny really because there both similar characters and funny e nought quite like my character now.

Good topic question
TheGirlOfSecrets

Thanks for your thoughts everyone, it's been really interesting seeing peoples thoughts and stuff, so yeah.. lol. I've been thinking recently about who or what I might be reincarnated as next... But I do really want to make the most of this lifetime I am in right now. Anyway, whoever says YOLO (chavs mostly) is wrong lol. But blessed be, have a good rest of the dayy
River SilverWolf

Post by River SilverWolf »

I did a past life regression with a therapist and saw a life in Ireland. I was going for hypnosis treatment to help with weight loss. The weight loss thing totally didn't work but the therapist was very open to past lives and we did one during one of the sessions. In this session i saw my life in ireland, the house i lived in (thatched roof style), the land around me. I saw my daughter in that life and knew her name was Rhiannanon. (in this life i felt like the person who was my daughter then was my best friend Keely - even though she is older than me!) I did not find out my name or my husband etc.
It was like a snapshot of a memory. We were running around outside in the grass laughing. We were not that far from the ocean either.
It has been over 15 years since then but i still have that vision clearly today.

In 2011 my husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary by taking a trip to Ireland. It had always been my dream to go, I have always felt drawn to ireland, the culture, the people. When we arrived it felt like coming home.

We did a tour so we got to see many sights. There was one particular place that was in the country that i recognized. Of course things looked a bit different but i recognized the area from the past life regression. It was amazing and validated for me that past life was real. Especially since I had never before been there.

When we left to come back home it took me several weeks to get back into the swing of things. It was strange but i felt homesick for Ireland.
Something else that happens every so often a slight irish sounding accent will come out. Especially during any ritual or spell work.
I still feel very much tied to Ireland. I have only a small bit of heritage there but in my heart it feels like the true home.
I know that my past life there was a happy one.

When I was a teenager my mom and I visited one of those psychic fairs. (not sure if they still do them?) This was back in the early 90's. We got a reading from one and they told us that my mother and I had been in China together. We had been in the same roles then as well as mother and daughter. However this life was not a happy one. It was very old China. My mom has always been drawn to China and oriental style things. Me, not so much. The other past life I was told they saw was that I was a viking. Like full long beard, braids, etc sailing on the ocean. Now i do know i am drawn to the ocean and the sea. Every vacation we schedule my first choice is anywhere where there's a beach. I feel like i could have easily sailed the seas. However being a witch i have a strong connection with the ocean anyway so who knows.

There is one other life I believe I may have had but it was a famous person so I don't like to mention it. I had dreams and a lot of similarities with this person that matched up. Information I found out with research matched with what i had been dreaming about. However most people will say there is little chance that the bulk of us were anyone famous in a past life. Just like winning the lottery! Many will play but very few win! lol!

I would like to explore more on past lives and try to pull more information. I am more focused on this life and what I am here to learn and experience but do have curiosity about the past.
TheGirlOfSecrets

Wow River, that must have been an amazing experience!

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”